Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Raining here too now Km

High of 18.8c today
    Dry with some sun up until about 10 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Really heavy shower again now

And now a torrential downpour
    I'd say we have had nearly another inch of rain since 3pm

Scattered locally heavy showers my hole
    They have not moved

The earlier shower lasted 10 minutes and didn't wet the ground
    Tomorrow looks a lot showerier in the South east and Sunday positively wet

It's very muggy here this evening and we got a sunset

This may sound daft for some but I'm considering heading out west for a few days to cool down and feel some honest to goodness Irish rain because I've a feeling the next few days here might disappoint again in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

All I got was 0.1mm from a very light and brief shower. Other than that, a very boring day with cloudy skies here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

1.8mm of rain this morning in Sligo then sunny all day and maxed out at 18.1c

Nice enough

Single figures tonight.

The showers from NW only convectified over landmass so coastal locations of NW and W got very little

Not a drop here in Arklow overnight despite the forecast and warm sunshine this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Had a beautiful sunny evening yesterday, south of Athenry, despite looking at a big dark cloud to our North West for most of the evening. Lovely morning so far but can see showers approaching from West.

Carol25 wrote: »
    Had a beautiful sunny evening yesterday despite looking at a big dark cloud to our North West for most of the evening. Lovely morning so far b

I must be to the north west of you
    That was literally over me all afternoon and evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

km79 wrote: »
    I must be to the north west of you
    That was literally over me all afternoon and evening :(

Yeah I was thinking that when I saw your posts yesterday. We were doing gardening so we were watching the showers closely. We completely missed the showers from 2pm onwards by pure luck.
    Hopefully you will have more luck today.
    Its darkening here now.

• Advertisement

Carol25 wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that when I saw your posts yesterday. We were doing gardening so we were watching the showers closely. We completely missed the showers from 2pm onwards by pure luck.
    Hopefully you will have more luck today.
    Its darkening here now.
    Same here
    Shower incoming id say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice morning here in castlebar, dodged most of the showers yesterday to thankfully. Time to get the lawn done!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

next weeks settled spell looks like it's been reduced from a 2-3 day event down to a 1 day event with unsettled conditions back by Thursday in the west. We just not catching the breaks this summer. 1 dry day does not = settled spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    It's a matter of experience. If you feel cold at 16c - 18c, then I would genuinely recommend you go and see a doctor, because something must not be right.

Where did I say it's cold? If you are feeling hot at 16 degrees you could also make a case for seeing a doctor

Two photos from Arklow
    One overhead very sunny and to Southeast
    Other to the north west ominous
    Passed over now with about 5 drops

Yours sincerely
    Sahara desert correspondent

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Where did I say it's cold? If you are feeling hot at 16 degrees you could also make a case for seeing a doctor

The guide I mostly follow for summer is:

30C+ = hot
    25C+ = very warm
    21C+ = warm
    17C+ = mild/average
    14C+ = cool
    Les than 14C = Cold

The guide I mostly follow for winter is:

15C+ = warm
    10C+ = mild/average
    5C+ = cool
    1C+ = cold
    -4C+ = freezing
    -10C+ = bitterly cold/freezing.

rain/wind/humidity/sun can affect all of the above to some degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Average is the only word to describe this summer. But ull take that in Ireland when you consider the potential for horror summers!

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Average is the only word to describe this summer. But ull take that in Ireland when you consider the potential for horror summers!

agreed, this summer isn't even close to the horror show summers we had between 2007 and 2012. This summer is just very dissapointing to what could have been. In general Ireland, most of UK, Scandinavia has had an average to slightly poor summer so far with all these lows.

At least we had a great May and a decent enough June and an ok start to July.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bucketing down in Galway feeling cool enough here in light North wind

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Bucketing down in Galway feeling cool enough here in light North wind

Moving as slow as the ones here yday !
    Waiting for it to clear so i can hang out the clothes as we will be getting just a lot get shower most out of it HOPEFULLY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Billcarson wrote: »
    I reckon a summer not much better then average with brief bursts of heat from time to times.
    My highly detailed summer forecast lol wasn't far off.

km79 wrote: »
    Moving as slow as the ones here yday !
    Waiting for it to clear so i can hang out the clothes as we will be getting just a lot get shower most out of it HOPEFULLY

Light shower alright
    Hopefully clear and brighten up again after
    Spoke too soon

Another mostly cloudy morning here but thankfully there are some sunny intervals mixed in.

Cleared up nicely
    Warm sunshine now
    Form improving :D

Good to hear km

Boiling here near Arklow

Just started to lash now.

Good to hear km

Boiling here near Arklow

boiling? it's 13-17C across the country with sunshine and showers.

We just had a very heavy shower and wearing a jumper.

In a few weeks i'll be in southern Spain enjoying summer warmth and sunshine and the sea will be there to cool off. Really looking forward to it as our summer has gone pear shaped since early to mid July.

https://www.webcamfuengirola.com/webcam-paseo/

Gonzo wrote: »
    boiling? it's 13-17C across the country with sunshine and showers.

We just had a very heavy shower and wearing a jumper.

No showers here and out in this sun pulling ragwort,yes it is boiling:D

If we put on jumpers ,we'd need paramedics:D

Incidentally it's 19c here last time I looked and feels a lot hotter in that sun!
    I'm not able to attach a photo of said ragwort because the forum won't accept images more than a Mb but they're ugly anyway and a root that goes to Australia,poisonous to cattle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Warm and sunny in North Meath, and missing the showers thankfully

Advertisement