Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Blessed so far this morning in east Galway as the showers rotate around us for once .
    Be mighty if it could stay dry for a few days but it's beginning to cloud over ominously

Heavy shower now
    Hope it's not the start of hours of them

It's a right nasty one too :(
    All this mornings drying for the lawn undone in a couple of minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lashing it down here. Dull and overcast all morning now spilling rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

raining here too, was gonna start the lawn but had to abandon it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Dry here
    Feels very fresh compared to recently

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

only 14C here today so far, temps overall have been poor this month so far and I don't think we're gonna see much in the way of 20C+ this month if the long range forecasts are to be believed.

the highs at my location so far:

May: 23C
    June: 29C
    July: 25C
    August: 19C

• Advertisement

Heavy shower now
    Hope it's not the start of hours of them

It's a right nasty one too :(
    All this mornings drying for the lawn undone in a couple of minutes

And it was the start of yet another shower train
    So
    Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    only 14C here today so far, temps overall have been poor this month so far and I don't think we're gonna see much in the way of 20C+ this month if the long range forecasts are to be believed.

the highs at my location so far:

May: 23C
    June: 29C
    July: 25C
    August: 19C

Here's mine

May: 25c
    June: 28c
    July: 25c
    August: 21c

Lovely day so far here btw, especially the past hour with blue skies and feeling much warmer than what it actually is.

EDIT: I forgot, no complaints :).

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Lovely day so far here btw, especially the past hour with blue skies and feeling much warmer than what it actually is.

EDIT: I forgot, no complaints :).

Just sign it off George and I needn't come in at all ;)

Actually today has been the best day yet of the summer down here in Arklow to be working out in
    I started with a jumper on but soon threw it off
    Not a drop of rain
    There's a brook on the farm here that's often 3 metres wide and can come up 5 or 6 ft in a flood
    Today it's a stream one foot wide and about 2 inches deep
    That will give you an idea of how dry this area has been and this is despite Sunday's rain
    Grass is growing now so no complaints

If tomorrow and Thursday are not completely dry things are going to get broken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's been a completely dry, partly cloudy, partly sunny day here and now it's almost totally clear and sunny. The current temperature's 17.4C; the high was 18.1C and it felt warmer.

If tomorrow and Thursday are not completely dry things are going to get broken

there is still a risk of light showers tomorrow, Thursday should remain dry till the evening then a band of rain moves in. Wednesday is likely to be the warmest day of the month so far where one or two places could hit 20C. Cool unsettled muck again from Friday onwards. There isn't a 100% guarantee of total dryness across the country over the next 2 days but most places should be dry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A cool night in store inland away from the coasts

MbxrYRL.png

Those nightime temperatures are perfect to me. Last night was a bit uncomfortable with the lack of wind.

Gonzo wrote: »
    there is still a risk of light showers tomorrow, Thursday should remain dry till the evening then a band of rain moves in. Wednesday is likely to be the warmest day of the month so far where one or two places could hit 20C. Cool unsettled muck again from Friday onwards. There isn't a 100% guarantee of total dryness across the country over the next 2 days but most places should be dry.
    Dry and bright now with a breeze so hopefully will start drying the place up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Could easily have lit the fire tonight, but resisted the urge, feeling very cool.

Still blue skies here and no showers at all today.

we just fired the heat on for an hour, very chilly evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The no complaints lads won't like to hear about fires and heat😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ah sure who'd complain about a nice fire? I'll genuinely be glad to see the back of muggy evenings, it made the toddler miserable while sleeping, and by extension everyone in the house too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

22.7c in the bedroom now and duvet kicked off as is the case most nights. Heating has been switched off for months... The house insulation is obviously doing its job!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Freezing tonight, and last night too.

Its august come on!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Freezing tonight, and last night too.

Its august come on!

Have to be honest I've not noticed it being any colder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10 degrees at Knock and several other locations on the 11pm reports. 8th of August. fresh night, not cold or cool ,nowhere near. beautiful moon rising to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The moon looks lovely tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Feeling less cold once the wind died.

The wind plays a big big factor on how cold it feels and not is.

Also 10c cannot be considered anything other than cool. Was a very cool evening, temps never really got up today.

Feels cooler than yday and appears to have made a shower overnight
    Really really really need it to stay dry for next 2 days now

Well we're all having it a lot better than most of England at the moment:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful morning here. Heat in the sun

Advertisement