Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

A temp 3.5c recorded at Claremorris this morning.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    A temp 3.5c recorded at Claremorris this morning.

My low was 8.2c
    Currently 17.1 but feels a lot warmer And cheerier than that in the sun

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Weds showing blustery winds especially on coasts and frontal rain-bands associated with that deep area of LP off the NW coast of Ireland

cvz7k6A.gif?1

The latest ARPEGE run showing some heavy rain across the country and some strong winds especially along SE, E , and NE coasts later in the day.

tempresult_qbh8.gif

tempresult_qrx2.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Four different Models Precipitation Accumulation Charts for tomorrow, The European charts leaning towards the S, SE and E getting the most rainfall. Close to a yellow warning I would have thought.

7H1gTiX.png?1

CSnHCnz.png

pzkLjwq.png

XUeb8Ad.png

Some unseasonably strong winds showing up on Weds. Would make for some rough sea crossings.

Gusts.

yXF4Ucz.png

3VRV0im.png

sP5VIXW.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Like October out there. Windy dark rain threatened. No complaints 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Typical August day here - overcast, cold, light drizzle. No sign of the wind in Dublin though sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

MJohnston wrote: »
    Typical August day here - overcast, cold, light drizzle. No sign of the wind in Dublin though sadly.

Warm sunny spells in Dublin. What wind are you referring to? There's no strong winds forecast for today :confused:

Wind is evil, in any case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

but rain will persist for much of the day in eastern and southern counties, with a risk of thundery downpours there.
    ... looking at the radar I can't see this happening, the rain looks patchy at the moment but may pep up later I hope. Only 11mm overnight which will only encourage weeds and do little for the soil moisture deficit. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Suns out in Arklow
    But as the picture suggests,said sun is bubbling up some beauty's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The rain appears to be getting heavier in the south west, hopefully theres a wave developing on the front. I want a large amount of rain, moisture deficit in eastern areas up to 40mm according to yesterdays farming forecast so about 30mm now after the overnight rain.

ISO_TODAY_ATL.png?1125

my chart disappeared? it was up for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

highdef wrote: »
    Warm sunny spells in Dublin. What wind are you referring to? There's no strong winds forecast for today :confused:

Wind is evil, in any case :D

I misread the other post about the Wednesday winds, although it looks like the Dublin Weather shield is still in effect for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I loved the rain and wind last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Cannon_fodder

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I loved the rain and wind last night!

Don't mind it when the clocks go back, but not at this time of the year and holiday season. Shocking weather, too windy to go fishing or sit out, too cold and too wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very dark with heavy rain here in south Laois at the moment.... Nearly sure I just heard a distant rumble there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nice day here today, fairly low winds, odd sunny spells. West Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dry and breezy in Galway
    Very few complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Overcast here ahead of the heavy showers or rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Rain gone and sun coming out now in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential rain in Naas now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭thomasj

Netweather have upgraded the possibility of thunderstorm activity in the blanchardstown area this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Unbelievable rain here for the last 20mins, somebody send your man Noah over with his boat

Has been very heavy here in Kildare now a while. 18mm after falling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was warm up till 30 minutes ago, now the arse has fallen out of the sky with rain and cooler. Very dark, lights on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has only just arrived in Dublin 16....heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and bright in Castlebar with good spells of sunshine in just a light breeze.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has eased in Dublin 16. 7.0mm in 20 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

In Baldoyle, Dublin 13. Serious downpour just passed. Massive shelf cloud beforehand and some serious rotation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

4C drop in temps in just 90minutes, was 20C at 2.45pm, now it's 16C. Large pools of water on driveway and water running down edge of road.

• Advertisement

Further heavy falls of rain here bringin the total to 23mm

Advertisement