Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Extremely pleasant evening in east Galway
    One of the nicest of the summer !

pad199207 wrote: »
    Further heavy falls of rain here bringin the total to 23mm
    Over what time frame ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

km79 wrote: »
    Over what time frame ?

Since roughly 14:30

pad199207 wrote: »
    Over what time frame ?

Since roughly 14:30
    Yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Unbelievable rain here for the last 20mins, somebody send your man Noah over with his boat

Got home to find we had not much rain at all, literally 10 to 15kms between the incredible 30mins downpour i seen that had roads with floods on them and water running down out of fields to auld light drizzly crap we got here at home. Irish weather eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Irish weather eh

Not at all, Ireland has probably the least convection of any European country and generally the rain belts here spread rain much more evenly than is seen around Europe.

Many parts of Europe only get convective showers in the summer, which can be extremely hit and miss, some areas can get flash floods when 5km away you've sunshine and complete drought.

You can't just paint everything negative with "Irish weather huh"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

A nice drop of rain here looks like it has just cleared my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You can't just paint everything negative with "Irish weather huh"

Ah relax would ya, i didnt paint anything or negatively, i meant it, as in unpredictable, so little difference in distance between here and where i was, yet huge difference in the weather, that was all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

one of the worst days of the summer here, still raining, lights on all day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Latest wind prediction charts for Weds showing wind easing earlier in the evening then previous model predictions. A bit lighter but still quite windy on coastal counties for this time of the year.

tempresult_tdg9.gif

ZxMFhXv.png

PC65Imi.png

• Advertisement

Ah relax would ya, i didnt paint anything or negatively, i meant it, as in unpredictable, so little difference in distance between here and where i was, yet huge difference in the weather, that was all.

I didn't say you painted it negatively, however you can't paint everything negative as Irish!

The weather today is rather rare, it's not often the east receives such heavy convectivey rain when I've just seen a mix of sunshine and clouds all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This was easily the worst day since the end of June here with no sunshine and heavy rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I'm beginning to think those of us in the middle third of the country get the ****ty end of the stick. It hasn't been a good summer here. The last spell of nice weather we had is nigh on 2 months ago. It's been steadily disappointing since then and today was a pig of a day altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Absolutely bucketing down now after a lull.
    The weather today is rather rare, it's not often the east receives such heavy convectivey rain when I've just seen a mix of sunshine and clouds all day.
    Surely a wave developed along the front? A kink can be seen here on the front but I'm not sure if I'm correct?

fax0s.gif?1

As I said in the Worst Irish Summer thread, the problem with this Summer was that we haven't had a prolonged spell of fine weather like what early May delivered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    As I said in the Worst Irish Summer thread, the problem with this Summer was that we haven't had a prolonged spell of fine weather like what early May delivered.

and that prolonged fine spell was too cool for us to enjoy along the east coast! I think only one of those days was warm, above 18C.

35mm on the button here now

Gonzo wrote: »
    and that prolonged fine spell was too cool for us to enjoy along the east coast! I think only one of those days was warm, above 18C.

Yeah, I was only above 18c on one day, May 7th. However, I don't really care 'cause the endless blue skies (apart from May 6th which was cloudy) was enough for me.

11mm overnight and 20mm this afternoon, about 5mm of that fell in the last ten minutes. It ain't over yet with more heavy bursts moving up through Leinster. Me dahlias are laughing!! :)

another downpour here now, the gutters are now busted with water flowing all over the place, what a filthy, dirty day/evening. This is starting to approach that terrible day in Clare I experienced towards the end of July.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Surely a wave developed along the front? A kink can be seen here on the front but I'm not sure if I'm correct?

No expert but think it was a shortwave trough all right .

tempresult_ayy4.gif

tempresult_kzz6.gif

bucketing it down here again now, approaching 40mm, surprised theres no lightning

Absolutely delighted that missed the west !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A nice calm sunny evening in Donegal.

No complaints :)

Absolutely delighted that missed the west !
    So am I. The farming forecast said yesterday that was a soil moisture deficit of 40mm in eastern areas and today's rain will alleviate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've never seen rain like this in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Had a recent cats and dogs moment.

wettest day on record for me now! 44mm so far

Months total of less than that here!

• Advertisement

I've recorded 31.7mm, would make it my wettest day of the year so far.

Advertisement