Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Would be interesting to see the total rainfall for Dublin Airport today, especially given its the or one of the driest stations in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Funnily enough I remember we had a similarly very wet day around this time last year (or more than one perhaps) because of a particular confluence of events that reminded me that I got absolutely drenched cycling home from work on August 17th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Almost 50mm in Naas now since 14:30. Street is flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

MJohnston wrote: »
    Funnily enough I remember we had a similarly very wet day around this time last year (or more than one perhaps) because of a particular confluence of events that reminded me that I got absolutely drenched cycling home from work on August 17th last year.

Well funnily enough, August 17th recorded the highest daily rainfall in August last year. Straide recorded 60.5mm on the day.

I, here in Dublin 13, had 22.4mm on the 17th and 24.6mm on the 20th.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

MJohnston wrote: »

Yip....your dead right....21.6mm here in Dublin 16 on 17.08.16.

21.2mm so far today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

What way is weather for tomorrow?
    Looking at booking Tayto park...

paddymc1 wrote: »
    What way is weather for tomorrow?
    Looking at booking Tayto park...

Tomorrow will be fresh with the chance of some isolated showers but sunny spells either way. Temperatures of 17-19c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭4Ad

Gonzo wrote: »
    another downpour here now, the gutters are now busted with water flowing all over the place, what a filthy, dirty day/evening. This is starting to approach that terrible day in Clare I experienced towards the end of July.

Beautiful day in East Clare from about 2pm onwards....grass cut and all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

This is a very basic question for the experts here so apologies:

For the hourly reports from all the weather stations on met.ie, is the Rain(mm) amount measured since midnight?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

This is a very basic question for the experts here so apologies:

For the hourly reports from all the weather stations on met.ie, is the Rain(mm) amount measured since midnight?

Hourly reports are just for the previous hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I just measured the depth of the flood in my driveway. Currently sitting at 86mm! Had a dog bowl that was 65mm deep, emptied it out just before 7 and it's now overflowing again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

driveway completely waterlogged, easily the wettest day in over a year here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

This is the first real wet day here (West Dublin) in months. I measured water collected in a bucket at 112mm. It's not accurate I'm sure but there has been steady heavy rain since 14.45. It's great.

Gonzo wrote: »
    driveway completely waterlogged, easily the wettest day in over a year here.

Wettest day since September 2012 here!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »

probably the same here, I can't remember this much rain in 1 day in a long time. More rain on Wednesday and Friday into the weekend so the soil deficit well and truly over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I would have thought that you would have got more from this slow moving feature back in August '14 Syran? Wasn't there something like 100 mm or something in Dublin that day I think?

sss.png

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I would have thought that you would have got more from this slow moving feature back in August '14 Syran? Wasn't there something like 100 mm or something in Dublin that day I think?

sss.png

Sorry I forgot about that lol, yeah I got 84mm from that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Yesterday's rainfall:
    https://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp
    I got a total of 42mm - 11mm in the first spell and obviously 31mm in the afternoon and evening.

T'was a wave that developed along the front that was responsible for the deluge.

fax0s.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is there any way that you can view the data from the synoptic rainfall stations across Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

pad199207 wrote: »
    Is there any way that you can view the data from the synoptic rainfall stations across Ireland ?

http://www.met.ie/climate-request/

Interface is a bit clunky and it's not up to date but doubt you'll find it anywhere else

• Advertisement

The fine spell for next week is still trending on the models today. The ECMWF is no longer delaying it and brings the high pressure over us by next Tuesday/Wednesday. With the kind of distribution its showing, it would be very warm with temperatures around 25 to possibly 27c. The GFS meanwhile shows it much cooler than that with temperatures down to like 20 or 21c at best if you're lucky but still a lot of dry weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Great day in Arklow
    21c currently in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Another great day in the west
    Last of the summer gardening jobs done and a quick run around the lawn while it's still fairly short and dry
    Such a shame we didn't get a prolonged spell like this in July or star of august

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely day here in West Clare. Low max of 17c though felt alot warmer.

Dublin airport received exactly 40mm of rainfall yesterday, 55% of the monthly average for August, which is also the second wettest month of the year (October being the wettest).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The fine spell for next week is still trending on the models today. The ECMWF is no longer delaying it and brings the high pressure over us by next Tuesday/Wednesday. With the kind of distribution its showing, it would be very warm with temperatures around 25 to possibly 27c. The GFS meanwhile shows it much cooler than that with temperatures down to like 20 or 21c at best if you're lucky but still a lot of dry weather.

Fingers crossed, I would very much welcome a settled spell.

LEIN wrote: »

Fingers crossed, I would very much welcome a settled spell.
    Summer holidays end next Thursday right On cue

km79 wrote: »
    Summer holidays end next Thursday right On cue

One of nature's many trolls :P:pac:.

Feels very warm and muggy this evening
    Will be hard sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Not one drop of rain so far in Arklow
    Ground bone dry

Windy Dull and 16c currently

• Advertisement

already raining here, cool, wet and windy.

Advertisement