Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What are the chances of Wednesday evening in Dublin not turning out to be the total washout Met Eireann are predicting? :D

I'd say pretty nailed on in this timeframe but you never know!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very wet afternoon and feeling chilly. We've lit the fire for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A right downpour here right now! You'd have to feel for the punters at Forbidden Fruit and Bloom too but that's an Irish bank holiday in summer for ya! A miserable 13c.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No rain whatsoever here in West Clare today, just cool and cloudy, although hazy sunshine breaking out now.

Very windy at the moment in Cork I see, the airport reporting 23knots gusting up to 33knots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Why do they even bother arranging things like Forbidden Fruit in this country? I didn't go with my friends purely because the idea of getting lashed on in a field for a day doesn't appeal to me at all! Every bloody summer I spend here I am still surprised at how bad our weather is. Usually because we have a mild April and May, and then it turns into bloody monsoon season. So. F*cking. Depressing. I'm just racking my brain here thinking of ways to emigrate, retirement probably wont be for at least 20 years. ARGH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Why do they even bother arranging things like Forbidden Fruit in this country? I didn't go with my friends purely because the idea of getting lashed on in a field for a day doesn't appeal to me at all! Every bloody summer I spend here I am still surprised at how bad our weather is. Usually because we have a mild April and May, and then it turns into bloody monsoon season. So. F*cking. Depressing. I'm just racking my brain here thinking of ways to emigrate, retirement probably wont be for at least 20 years. ARGH.

I got burnt at bloom on Friday. Some days it rains some days it don't. That's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

12mm or half an inch has fallen here in the past half hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

JCX BXC wrote: »
    No rain whatsoever here in West Clare today, just cool and cloudy, although hazy sunshine breaking out now.

Very windy at the moment in Cork I see, the airport reporting 23knots gusting up to 33knots.

Shocking, as bad a bank holiday Monday as I can remember tbh, it hasn't stopped raining here on the coast since half 8 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Where is here ????

km79 wrote: »
    Where is here ????

Dublin North

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain has arrived in north meath, cloudy wet evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

More of the same for the week ahead. Classic Irish summer time. Grey, wet, dull. Chucking it down in Limerick.

Imagine people actually pay to come on holidays here :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jesus it's been raining for a few days at most!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah sh!t Summer. What a write off. :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Imagine people actually pay to come on holidays here :(:(:(

I can imagine it very easily. I can't imagine anyone paying to come here on holidays *for the weather*, but that's a different deal, and many people don't really care about rainy weather all that much.

MJohnston wrote: »
    I can imagine it very easily. I can't imagine anyone paying to come here on holidays *for the weather*, but that's a different deal, and many people don't really care about rainy weather all that much.

Sometimes though it stays like this for weeks on end. I'd say you can barely see 2 feet in front of you around the scenic coastal sites! It's really a lottery visiting here, this type of weather would ruin a holiday for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Had to put the warm jacket on today in Tralee, just getting up to 13.7C , currently 11.8C and quite windy this evening although nice to see it brightening up.

Ogimet

Max Temps rounded

gkIhI1e.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Bucketing down here in North Cork all day - someone mentioned lighting the fire - we've ours on again since yesterday �� saves me watering the garden I suppose ��

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bucketing down here now, horrible evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sometimes though it stays like this for weeks on end. I'd say you can barely see 2 feet in front of you around the scenic coastal sites! It's really a lottery visiting here, this type of weather would ruin a holiday for me.

If you're coming for the pubs, restaurants, nightlife, or cultural buildings (museums etc) I doubt the weather makes too much of a difference. Like I said, people don't book holidays to Ireland for the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I don't know where you live but it's like this more often than not in Ireland, especially in the west.

who_ru wrote: »
    I don't know where you live but it's like this more often than not in Ireland, especially in the west.

I think uve completely misunderstood their post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Grey and miserable here in Tipperary this evening. Looks loke an early night for me. Been lashing here all day.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

heading up to sligo for the coming weekend, on a motorbike. someone cheer me up and tell me its not going to be washout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was down in Spain all weekend. Glorious weather hot dry and sunny. Back to this muck this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Relentless heavy rain here in D20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still lashing here, been pouring rain since about 3.30pm. Lots of water in our driveway now. Today is even wetter than last Saturday already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was on the M7 and M8 earlier really horrendous evening for driving. Temp was hovering around 11/12 degrees it's Ireland I know but still its ridiculous how crap our summer weather is most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

emo72 wrote: »
    heading up to sligo for the coming weekend, on a motorbike. someone cheer me up and tell me its not going to be washout?

The GFS has High Pressure coming in on the Sunday.
    ECM has it a day later. So look at the GFS to cheer yourself up.:P

screenshot_1.png

Advertisement