Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Looking at at ME forecast at 1pm this was down in the West until tomorrow, clearing now Sun trying to break through the clouds, me thinks they have been caught out with this system and how far it would go over the Country

Well it was all very uncertain, which is what you get with Tropical systems.
    Models have totally overestimated the rainfall totals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

pad199207 wrote: »
    Well it was all very uncertain, which is what you get with Tropical systems.
    Models have totally overestimated the rainfall totals.

Unless there is a sting in the tail tonight or tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Very balmy and overcast but dry in east Cork now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

road_high wrote: »
    sryanbruen wrote: »
    I seem to be in the minority for thinking July was a write off. I hated July. The first half was dry but very dull. The second half was cold - apart from the first few days, but sunny and wet.

As for August, there has only been 2 very poor days here, last Monday and today. Other than that, August has been poor for warmth but the sunshine has made it nice.

Unpopular opinion - June was alright, July was rubbish, August has been mediocre to slightly ok.

Where are you? I'm in kilkenny and the south east and July on balance was not bad. It was quite warm for much of it.
    It's this past week that's gotten to me- we've had very heavy rainfall and it rained every 24 hours at some stage or other. Very difficult harvest for tillage farmers as there's been so little sustained dry periods together.
    Some days here and there have been lovely but it always seems to rain overnight or heavy showers

Dublin 13 and this is coming from somebody who had a temperature deviation of +0.4c for July in comparison with the rest of the country having a cool July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wet end to a very wet week for here. Total this week 66mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

pad199207 wrote: »
    Wet end to a very wet week for here. Total this week 66mm

Definitely the wettest week of the summer. Rain was actually heavy and prolonged rather than lighter showers we had been having.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

My assessment of summer 2017

June: Forgettable because I can't actually remember it.
    July: Mediocre in the extreme.
    August (so far). Struggling to remember one redeeming feature.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Highest temperature recorded so far this month anywhere in the country is a rather pathetic 21.5C, that'll likely change in the next couple of days but still, a really poor show for august. Only a handful of days that scraped 20C anywhere as well.

We've missed the rain so far today in Donegal but it's still just been another utterly forgettable overcast day. Looks like some rain on the way soon on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Dublin 13 and this is coming from somebody who had a temperature deviation of +0.4c for July in comparison with the rest of the country having a cool July.

My I ask what type of weather station you use Syran? as your stats often seem to conflict with nearby stations such as PP and DA.

New Moon

You can almost see the garden growing in front of your eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible day here, raining since early morning and feeling chilly. It's been 14C since this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lot of rain after moving into the SW. Gone very dark and just had a heavy pulse of rain bringing total to 8.4mm.

dEeNBpl.png?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

WRF -NMM showing some high Temperatures for tomorrow with very high humidity and high dew points . We'll be passing out :pac:

h1J3UmT.png

Yw8Hrl4.png

Dzu40fH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

7pm Met reports. Cork airport 19 degrees with humidity at 95%. Moorepark also 19 degrees. tropical air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

This system is gone belly up for ME it's doing nothing like they originally forecast, not having a go at them but it has changed direction big time they were showing the warnings for the North and West but radar shows it's all in the South

7pm Met reports. Cork airport 19 degrees with humidity at 95%. Moorepark also 19 degrees. tropical air.

19C at 20:00 too in Moorepark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Storm 10 wrote: »
    This system is gone belly up for ME it's doing nothing like they originally forecast, not having a go at them but it has changed direction big time they were showing the warnings for the North and West but radar shows it's all in the South

The models are all over the place with this one. This afternoon's high res runs are all showing different outcomes for this evening, and all of them are already quite far off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling along way from tropical here, temps hasn't budged past 14C all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Happy with how this is turning out :D

MidMan25 wrote: »
    19C at 20:00 too in Moorepark

Still 19c at 21:00 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

I think we can take it now that the speculation last week by senior UK meteorologists that Gert was going to send the jet north allowing a lovely Atlantic high in next week,was a load of aul boll1x

A lot of rain here today,the moisture deficit of the summer is probably gone now
    Land is still not wet though thankfully here
    It would be if the summer had been wet in this neck of the woods
    In all the years I've been farming and recording weather officially and unofficially down here in the southeast ,weather has always pretty much levelled out at some point
    Not always at a time to suit me but there you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Torrential downpour here for the last 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11pm reports. Moorepark in Cork 18 degrees. Shannon airport and Cork 17 degrees. Belmullet and Newport up to 16 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

Longford, wet wet wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Wet in north meath this morning, just about to head down the South Wet for some sun sun sun

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wet in north meath this morning, just about to head down the south wet for some sun sun sun

South wet indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

km79 wrote: »
    South wet indeed :D

Ah you seen what i did there, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Wet in north meath this morning, just about to head down the South Wet for some sun sun sun

You should detour to the southeast
    Dry here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

You should detour to the southeast
    Dry here :D

Same here in Bray. Roads and paths are wet so it has rained at some point but its not rained since I got up at 7:30am. Bray seems to have slipped through the gap between those heavy rain radar returns north and south of us. Wicklow/Dublin mountains likely doing their job once again for us in Bray either soaking up the rain like a sponge or diverting it around us. Very Muggy though.

• Advertisement

cool, wet and miserable here yet again. Seems like it's been raining almost constantly since Saturday. Can't wait to fly well south to Spain to enjoy this thing called Summer.

Advertisement