Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sh!t Summer.

This week looks like being one of our better weeks for a while with a lot of anticyclonic weather up to the 6th September. Albeit tomorrow to Wednesday could be a bit blustery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I think the chart achieves what it needs to in terms of comparison. Measuring the overall temperature is generally more effective than just the max, mainly for soil temperatures. Just because you had a disagreement with Oneric, doesn't mean you should just dismiss what is Met Eireann data.

Although saying that, I would also be interested in seeing a comparison chart showing the max daytime temperatures for a summer going back 10 years. It would probably show this summer's lack of high temperatures.

With all due respect I've had several disagreements with Oneric in the last 15 years on this forum but never stop engaging with him
    Once it went too far in my opinion and I apologised off thread
    That's discussion
    We were both mods of the forum at various times under different user names

As regards your statement that I'm dismissing met data,stating that most people experience daytime maxes not averages of day and night isn't disagreeing with met Eireann data
    I merely asked a question

I'd rather not be dealing with condescension towards differing and validly held views here
    I don't give it and respectfully don't expect it back
    So let's agree to drop this please
    I've the height of respect for you and Oneric and your contributions

I will be offline for the next few weeks so it's unlikely that I'll be contributing further to this part of the conversation

P.s it's gone mostly cloudy here again since my last 2 photos but still nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mean Summer maxima (national mean) up to August 26th since 2007:

max.png

I'll try 'n' do up a similar chart for minima later.

Data c/o Met Éireann.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Woke up to grey skies, mist and heavy rain, real Irish weather. Things brightened up in the afternoon with only one short shower since and reached 28c. The locals are expecting biblical rain here tomorrow and again on Wednesday with temperatures to struggle in the low to mid 20s at best, then back to 30c with gin blue skies from Thursday onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gonzo wrote: »
    Woke up to grey skies, mist and heavy rain, real Irish weather. Things brightened up in the afternoon with only one short shower since and reached 28c. The locals are expecting biblical rain here tomorrow and again on Wednesday with temperatures to struggle in the low to mid 20s at best, then back to 30c with gin blue skies from Thursday onwards.
    Some serious action down there in Spain and France at the moment.
    http://de.sat24.com/de
    All further north from where you are but theres always manana!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Another beautiful evening in the mid-west, can't complain about this summer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Another beautiful evening in the mid-west, can't complain about this summer at all.

Mid-West Spain maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

What summer ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Mid-West Spain maybe?
    nope, the Costa del Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

Lovely ending to the day here, partial cloud with a reddish sunset creating pink clouds in the sky.
    Getting autumny looking really, enjoyed sitting out looking around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Heavy rain drops here again forecasts of 30-90mm of rain here tomorrow. Gonna be a wet day maybe need to buy some rain gear.

Heavy rain drops here again forecasts of 30-90mm of rain here tomorrow. Gonna be a wet day maybe need to buy some rain gear.

Was today quite wet? Was watching the METARS for AGP intermittently all day and apart from one shower I seen mostly CAVOK and 27/29c

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Cannon_fodder

Grass done yesterday, F*** the rain. In this country you have to make hay while sun shines. Always plan indoor work for off days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think the context for where you mean by 'here' has been lost by this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Grass done yesterday, F*** the rain. In this country you have to make hay while sun shines. Always plan indoor work for off days

When ones 'off days' in the middle of summer seriously outnumber the dry days, indoor work is quickly done.
    Pray tell, what is this 'sun shine' you talk about? Ground is sodden.

Drizzle this morning but warm. County Leitrim.

Proper thunderstorm here near malaga with rain coming down in sheets hoping it will clear later today. Still feeling impressively warm.

Proper thunderstorm here near malaga with rain coming down in sheets hoping it will clear later today. Still feeling impressively warm.

24c at AGP, but brutal amounts of holding for Aircraft. Visibility quite low too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

it would bring a tear to a hens eye.The settled weather towards next weekend looks short lived due to ex tropical disturbances.Straight into the Autumn this year...or more a continuation of it for some.

ukmaxtemp.png

I don't care, I'd like that honestly. Don't want to be sweaty all again in my school uniform like last year with 25-27c.

I don't know if I'll get the lawn cut again this autumn
    Been 2 weeks and I won't get near it till wekend after today's rain
    Hope the forecast of dry from Thursday on doesn't change
    Won't hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

km79 wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll get the lawn cut again this autumn
    Been 2 weeks and I won't get near it till wekend after today's rain
    Hope the forecast of dry from Thursday on doesn't change
    Won't hold my breath

I've left a part of my garden go to meadow this summer. Not getting enough dry days since August arrived.
    Managed to cut some of it Saturday but the long grass never seems to dry out anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Miserable wet morning in Castlebar, but it has turned into a lovely bright evening, hopefully as with the previous couple of years we get a nice week in September here.

Finally clearing here in West Clare, cool and overcast still though, signs of brightness though.

Meanwhile it's 28c and Sunny in London.

Finally clearing here in West Clare, cool and overcast still though, signs of brightness though.

Meanwhile it's 28c and Sunny in London.

Yes, almost a record breaking warm Bank Holiday for the UK.

The heavy rain and thunder cleared here before midday and today turned out to be nowhere as bad as what was forecasted for the region. Looked like today was a great warm day across Ireland and the UK.

The heavy rain and thunder cleared here before midday and today turned out to be nowhere as bad as what was forecasted for the region. Looked like today was a great warm day across Ireland and the UK.

It was a what in Ireland?

Rotten here all day, 1.8mm of rain but an awful drizzle lasting until around 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

It was a what in Ireland?

Rotten here all day, 1.8mm of rain but an awful drizzle lasting until around 5.

Dry here in wexford all day. Then a bit of drizzle started at 7.
    Got a 6 acre field disc harrowed and then got it half way levelled before it got too dark to work even with lights. Not too much stones to pick though. So happy days.
    It looks like another fine day here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Bright and fresh here in Castlebar today. certainly a feel of Autumn in it. in fact on the 2pm met reports its just 11 degrees at Ballyhaise in Cavan.

Cold
    Few heavy showers
    The garden is reaching the point of no return now

• Advertisement

No rain, but cool and breezy, max of 14.9c.

Advertisement