Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Rock Motors

• 24-02-2017 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

hi any of you guys had any dealings with michaelrock motors ,a friend of mine payed a deposit on a vw polo when he went back with the money to complete the deal. He wanted to bump the price up considerably and wont sell for the price they originally agreed on,surely this is gazumping
    any ideas on what my friend should do as he really likes the car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

know he used to be operating in same place as karl Goodwins , says on solocheck hes been in business years but I only heard of him last couple of years.
    Any dealer around Naas Road area should be treated with caution - if I was a reputable dealer I would not want to be operating from this area due to its reputation.
    Sorry no personal experience but can he go to guards or something ?- or I would refuse to leave place until he got money back and let them call the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just leave it. Your friend doesn't need that kind of stress from a dealer.

Edit, I didn't notice he already paid deposit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

you don't know how much hes paid though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

thats exactly what i advised ,its his first car im afraid the excitement will get in the way of his judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

shaywest wrote: »
    hi any of you guys had any dealings with michaelrock motors ,a friend of mine payed a deposit on a vw polo when he went back with the money to complete the deal. He wanted to bump the price up considerably and wont sell for the price they originally agreed on,surely this is gazumping
    any ideas on what my friend should do as he really likes the car

Your friend should insist on getting his deposit back and walk briskly away, if they are not honorable enough to stick to an agreed price then imagine how honorable they will be to fix issue under warranty. If they refuse to give back the deposit then look at taking them to the small claims court to get it back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement