Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Thrasher" T-shirt Assorted colours and sizes €0.01c delivered from Alie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Look at the transaction history at the bottom. There's almost 7,000 pages of orders, all made today! I'd say it fits into the 'too good to be true' category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

just ordered 6

wonder if they'll come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I ordered 5 :D
    5cents taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

donegal. wrote: »
    just ordered 6

wonder if they'll come?

They won't. It's a common enough scam. Like half of the people who ordered won't bother chasing or following up the order when it doesn't arrive as it's only a few cents. But the seller will make a couple hundred euros which is a lot in China off this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Tinie wrote: »
    They won't. It's a common enough scam. Like half of the people who ordered won't bother chasing or following up the order when it doesn't arrive as it's only a few cents. But the seller will make a couple hundred euros which is a lot in China off this.

And when of if it come lots of the stuff is fake imitation made in China crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

price is up to $10.99 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Tinie wrote: »

Well if it's a scam I reckon it made over €4,600. If you look at the transactions there's more than 92,000, all made yesterday. Even at an average of 5 cent per order that's a tidy sum. Like you say, would you be bothered chasing it up?

I do not think that this one in particular is a scam, as it was posted on the official Aliexpress FB page. I think it was more than likely a mistake, the seller has applied and paid to be an official aliexpress seller (I think that is the same as Amazon Prime or fulfilled by Amazon).
    Anyway it is unlikely that they will be sending out that many t-shirts :D:/

Aliexpress automatically refund in instances like this, so no need to chase it up usually. But if anyone wants to, it is relatively easy to dispute your orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Suckit wrote: »
    I do not think that this one in particular is a scam, as it was posted on the official Aliexpress FB page. I think it was more than likely a mistake, the seller has applied and paid to be an official aliexpress seller (I think that is the same as Amazon Prime or fulfilled by Amazon).
    Anyway it is unlikely that they will be sending out that many t-shirts :D:/

Aliexpress automatically refund in instances like this, so no need to chase it up usually. But if anyone wants to, it is relatively easy to dispute your orders.

Should you receive an email stating that you will get a refund?

cronos wrote: »
    Should you receive an email stating that you will get a refund?
    Yes i would imagine so. As soon as it is acknowledged as a mistake or whatever else, I would expect an email from Aliexpress straight away.
    Some people ordered 200 and 500 of them in the orders.
    Once they have decided what is happening, expect an email either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭skankkuvhima

OP, did you want to get these t-shirts for really cheap? If so, why did you create this thread?

OP, did you want to get these t-shirts for really cheap? If so, why did you create this thread?
    I am not sure i get ya. Are you saying if i did not post it here i would have a better chance of getting them for myself?
    If so, i doubt it. It was posted on their FB page, i cannot find it now so it migt have been removed, but i finf FB very hard to find stuff anyway, especially on pages where a lot of stuff is posted all the time.
    I posted in the OP that it may have been a mistake, it was also possible that it may have been a promotion, so I went for it.
    I thought that a few other people might fancy going for it too. I will not be heartbroken if i do not get it. No harm done.

Usually a promotion has a limited number in stock at the promo price and then reverts to normal price after appearing 'out of stock' for a short while.
    Or clearance sale drops until all gone.
    These went straight back to normal price, so more than likely an error that we will be notified about. I have not checked my mail today, so i may already have an email.

Anyone else get order confirmation on this today? I ordered a lot of them.

Guessing I got scammed here. It says they were delivered but I never got them. As they were delivered:mad: and I didn't dispute within 15 days I appear not to be able to dispute it now. Also the shop appears to have closed.

2017.03.13 20:03 (GMT-7): Delivery
    2017.03.14 11:03 (GMT-7): DELIVERED
    2017.03.14 11:03 (GMT-7): 【IRELAND IETHURLES D 】Delivery
    2017.03.14 07:23 (GMT-7): ITEM IS ON DELIVERY
    2017.03.14 07:23 (GMT-7): 【IRELAND IETHURLES D 】Arrival at Delivery Office
    2017.03.13 17:02 (GMT-7): ITEM RECEIVED
    2017.03.13 17:02 (GMT-7): 【IRELAND IEIEDUBA 】Arrival at Sorting Center
    2017.03.13 16:23 (GMT-7): Arrival at Delivery Office
    2017.03.13 02:02 (GMT-7): Arrival at Sorting Center
    2017.03.08 09:46 (GMT-7): 【ShangHaiShi SHANGHAI 】Despatch from Sorting Center
    2017.03.07 21:02 (GMT-7): 【ShangHaiShi SUDIDAZONG 】Posting
    2017.03.07 17:46 (GMT-7): Despatch from Sorting Center
    2017.03.07 05:02 (GMT-7): Posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

cronos wrote: »
    Guessing I got scammed here. It says they were delivered but I never got them. As they were delivered:mad: and I didn't dispute within 15 days I appear not to be able to dispute it now. Also the shop appears to have closed.

2017.03.13 20:03 (GMT-7): Delivery
    2017.03.14 11:03 (GMT-7): DELIVERED
    2017.03.14 11:03 (GMT-7): 【IRELAND IETHURLES D 】Delivery
    2017.03.14 07:23 (GMT-7): ITEM IS ON DELIVERY
    2017.03.14 07:23 (GMT-7): 【IRELAND IETHURLES D 】Arrival at Delivery Office
    2017.03.13 17:02 (GMT-7): ITEM RECEIVED
    2017.03.13 17:02 (GMT-7): 【IRELAND IEIEDUBA 】Arrival at Sorting Center
    2017.03.13 16:23 (GMT-7): Arrival at Delivery Office
    2017.03.13 02:02 (GMT-7): Arrival at Sorting Center
    2017.03.08 09:46 (GMT-7): 【ShangHaiShi SHANGHAI 】Despatch from Sorting Center
    2017.03.07 21:02 (GMT-7): 【ShangHaiShi SUDIDAZONG 】Posting
    2017.03.07 17:46 (GMT-7): Despatch from Sorting Center
    2017.03.07 05:02 (GMT-7): Posting

Would PayPal refund you?did you pay with PayPal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

They were 1c each. I chanced an order of 5. Never even checked to see if it was refunded because it was 5 cent.

How many did you order that you're worried about being scammed

cletus wrote: »
    They were 1c each. I chanced an order of 5. Never even checked to see if it was refunded because it was 5 cent.

How many did you order that you're worried about being scammed

It's not the point. I'm not worried, but I did order significantly more than you. Just don't want scam's posted on here, not saying it's the OP's fault, it's not. Just flagging up thing's that turn out to be a scam so people avoid in future. Nobody caring allows this kind of scam to go unchecked. Also had my debit card blocked for a few hours by the bank back close to when I made the order. Which was probably because of this. That was more annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair it's hard to agree with you when you tried to buy an obviously hefty quantity of what was quite clearly one of two things - a blatant scam or genuine mistake.

You were never going to see those t-shirts and most people knew that when they ordered. It's not the scam of the century - it's a roll of the dice on a likely mistake, with the worst case scenario for most people is losing a few cent.

There's always bargain alerts which hinge on items being mispriced - sometimes they're honored, sometimes not, depending on the circumstances involved, but how anyone could actually think they were going to get a massive international haul of 1c shirts is beyond me.

To be fair it's hard to agree with you when you tried to buy an obviously hefty quantity of what was quite clearly one of two things - a blatant scam or genuine mistake.

You were never going to see those t-shirts and most people knew that when they ordered. It's not the scam of the century - it's a roll of the dice on a likely mistake, with the worst case scenario for most people is losing a few cent.

There's always bargain alerts which hinge on items being mispriced - sometimes they're honored, sometimes not, depending on the circumstances involved, but how anyone could actually think they were going to get a massive international haul of 1c shirts is beyond me.

It's a scam plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its difficult to say is it a scam or an error but either way, the old phrase "If its too good to be true" would be fairly obvious. Anyone feeling scammed, try the ali dispute process which apparently is very good. Locking this thread and marking it expired, feel free to start a thread in consumer issues or online buying to discuss the various factors relating to scams online

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement