Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAAD9 or CAAD10

Options
  • 24-02-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice. Initially I had intended to buy a new caad12 but my now depleted budget won't allow so switching to plan B. My plan is to now buy and build up one of these framesets - any advice? After searching around, both seem rare enough, but there are a few good examples on ebay, priced plus delivery around the 500 or 600 euro mark. Is this expensive for those frames? What are the pros and cons of either frame? I know they both have bb30 bottom brackets. Size wise, either a 52 or 54 frameset will do me fine. Does anyone know where else I might get a caad10 frameset or know of one for sale? Condition wise doesnt matter too much, once the frame is structurally sound - scratched/faded paintwork doesn't bother me. Before anyone starts on about carbon frames, I'm not looking for a carbon frame. Prefer an aluminium frame of good quality. Any and all advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If you're running disc brakes caad12 fameset for less than 600 here - http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Cannondale/CAAD12-Disc-Road-Frameset-2016/A36U

They are doing 10% off today too so it;s less than 500 and free delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

bsb1971 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice. Initially I had intended to buy a new caad12 but my now depleted budget won't allow so switching to plan B. My plan is to now buy and build up one of these framesets - any advice? After searching around, both seem rare enough, but there are a few good examples on ebay, priced plus delivery around the 500 or 600 euro mark. Is this expensive for those frames? What are the pros and cons of either frame? I know they both have bb30 bottom brackets. Size wise, either a 52 or 54 frameset will do me fine. Does anyone know where else I might get a caad10 frameset or know of one for sale? Condition wise doesnt matter too much, once the frame is structurally sound - scratched/faded paintwork doesn't bother me. Before anyone starts on about carbon frames, I'm not looking for a carbon frame. Prefer an aluminium frame of good quality. Any and all advice appreciated.

Send a pm to @seweryn. He has a caad 10 with 58,537 km on it and talk really highly of it. Really knowledgeable guy on bikes and top guy

He will have other great info on bb servicing including where to get top quality bearing cheaper the bike shop rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

I have a caad 9 with ultegra throughout, lovely bike, very pleased with it. Nice and light and pretty responsive too. Carbon forks , crank, seat post, saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

They are super bikes . I have a caad 12 in 52 myself . Really responsive and quick compared to my previous bikes .
    Caad 10 is great too I've ridden a few on holidays.

Advertisement