Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Astec 49DV with HKC

Options
  • 24-02-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Looking at replacing my Astec 49DV, currently have only PIR's and door contacts and no window sensors so changing for this reason.

From reading here and online I am interested in the HKC 10/70 and then to use the HKC app for notifications.
    Can the existing cable for the astec PIR's /door contacts /keypads be used for the HCK kit ?
    I will have to go wireless for the window sensors but a local electrician said he has seen a few houses there they drilled up over the window into the dormer area and then wired the window sensors or just easier to go wireless?

I currently have 4 keypads so will need to replace them too.

My external siren is a Pyronix grade 2 delta box - can this be used with the HKC ?

Assuming then I need a 10/70 ,battery backup, 4 keypads, 8 PIR's, 12 wireless window sensors, 4 door sensors - Am I looking about about €1500 excluding install?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I got a 1070 installed a couple of weeks ago 1 wired and 1 wireless PIR, 9 wireless sensors, new external bell, new back up battery box, key fob, GSM module. Can't think of anything else. My price included the installation. I would imagine the €1500 you're mentioning as being materials only, maybe add on a couple hundred extra for installation.

FWIW I got about 5 quotes for the exact same product from 5 different installers. All were the same price give or take a couple of euros.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

jamesd wrote: »
    Looking at replacing my Astec 49DV, currently have only PIR's and door contacts and no window sensors so changing for this reason.

From reading here and online I am interested in the HKC 10/70 and then to use the HKC app for notifications.
    Can the existing cable for the astec PIR's /door contacts /keypads be used for the HCK kit ?
    I will have to go wireless for the window sensors but a local electrician said he has seen a few houses there they drilled up over the window into the dormer area and then wired the window sensors or just easier to go wireless?

My external siren is a Pyronix grade 2 delta box - can this be used with the HKC ?

Assuming then I need a 10/70 ,battery backup, 4 keypads, 8 PIR's, 12 wireless window sensors, 4 door sensors - Am I looking about about €1500 excluding install?

Good advice about shopping around.
    The cables should be fine depending on what configuration was used.
    Also look at the GSD i10-70. This system will integrate with existing Astec sensors and contacts. That along with free apps and the option of no ongoing charges may save you a good few bob.
    Take a look at the sticky on app charges and functions for more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jamesd wrote: »

I have swapped out loads using the old Cabling of a pre-installed Astec.
    I would advise having the cable looked at first tho as some of the Astec installation can have two cores going to a keypad, two for sensors 2 for a PIR off the one 6 core cable.

As the HKC 10/70 have a full suite of wire free sensors/ bells and keypads included you can mix and match with wired and wire free

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

6 cores at a keypad would be fine for the keypad, a PiR and a contact or sensor on the front door.
    Some Astec premises also have the front door and lounge on the same cable/zone.
    Those 2 scenarios would only work fine with the GSD panel.
    All these panels have a full wireless portfolio also.
    Forgot to mention your Delta Bell would be fine to keep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'd be replacing the entire thing as those devices could be 15 - 20 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thanks very much guys, some good advise there for me. I will get 2 prices on the kit and install and let ye know how I get on if not overly expensive.

Good luck with it. Make sure you get a detailed system design proposal covering all costs and any ongoing fees.

Advertisement