Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement kitchen

Options
  • 24-02-2017 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I was wondering what is the average cost of a replacement kitchen.. I don't want to change the design just to change doors sides etc as I don't like them..
    I have a budget of 6K would anyone be able to make a kitchen for that price?

Anyone have any experience? 

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    I was wondering what is the average cost of a replacement kitchen.. I don't want to change the design just to change doors sides etc as I don't like them..

Thanks

If your just changing the doors then take some pics and measure each one.
    Go to kitchen place and show them. Get price for doors.
    Then price chippy to for them.

6k would get you a new complete kitchen, never mind just a facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Agree with the previous poster, for that kind of money you could get a completely new kitchen!

If I was just looking to change the doors etc I'd check if ikea kitchen units are the same size as mine and then just buy them from there. They sell the doors etc separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

lbyrne121 wrote: »

Thanks

We bought a 2nd hand kitchen last year for €1100, with 110cm silver hood, bosch double oven and 110cm silver unit for cutlery / saucepans. Amazing value for stuff in immaculate condition. We added a new hob, new dishwasher and a granite worktop. Got new window (in place of french doors), rewired the kitchen, painted etc, all for around an additional €5k. Polish carpenter did a great job, and had enough units left to totally change the utility hall too. Got new floors too, wall to wall, as we had lifted out all the old stuff. New skirting boards too.

Sold our own kitchen, old sink and worktop, and old cooker also to get a few bob back. As well as selling the old french doors.

For €6k you can do an amazing job and totally change your kitchen.

Advertisement