Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green or orange/red hair dye needed for black/brown beard

Options
  • 24-02-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for either green or reddish/orange temporary hair dye , to wear it on Paddies day for the craic. not having much luck finding a good brand.

Don't want the spray, as it'd be for the entire beard, parts of which are close to eyes, etc.

Have not had good experience with the spray-on colour in the past (and it smells bad most of the time!), thus going for the hair dye this year.

My beard is black/brown (ie; not jet black), and won't be bleaching it beforehand, as the smell of the bleach is horrible, and it'd take months for it to grow out (have done this for the "shave or die" before).

Someone recommended "Joico ICE Spiker Colorz Colored Styling Glue - Metallix Green", and whilst it's only $12 (I'm in Toronto), shipping is another $10. So, I'm looking for any alternatives/brands.

And yes, the brighter the better. Shall most likely be wearing a leprechaun outfit with it (I'm 6 foot 6).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

I think it's fairly unlikely that you'll be able to get any bright colour on unbleached brown hair. Think of it like drawing with a white crayon on black paper; it won't come out properly and will still be dark. Without bleaching I'd say the best you could get is a very dark muddy green or orange. Dye won't make your hair lighter, only change the colour. Maybe a fake green beard over your real one?

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

Advertisement