Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot/Citroen single use brake bolts...OK to reuse?

• 24-02-2017 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am planning on changing the front disks and pads on my Peugeot 5008 tomorrow.

Looking at the service guide it says to tighten the bolts to the specified NM value and then 45 degrees. I am guessing that this means they are torque to yield bolts, and therefore single use.

Has anyone reused these caliper and carrier bolts? I don't have a set and was hoping to do the job in the morning without a trip to the main dealers!

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

If the bolts are one time use, then they probably have thread lock on them, it's usally blue or red on part of the threads.

You could use your own threadlock, But these are your brakes, one of the area's i wouldn't second guess if i were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

If there was thread lock is it not ok to just remove it with a wire brush and some brake cleaner?

I have never worked on brakes that needed the carrier bolts replaced too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Some PSA Pad Sets come with new Bolts, many don't.
    I put about 400k on an '03 Picasso HDi (sold on about 3 years ago). I only ever changed the Bolts once, simply because that was the only time they came with the Pads.
    All other times I just cleaned down the old Threadlock and dripped on a fresh drop.
    TBH I don't remember the Torque Setting I used, but I never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Kencollins wrote: »
    [...]

Looking at the service guide it says to tighten the bolts to the specified NM value and then 45 degrees. I am guessing that this means they are torque to yield bolts, and therefore single use.

[...]

I'm not very familiar with PSA range of cars, but I guess that if those bolts were intended to be single use, service manual would likely mention that.

Advertisement