Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windsor SMART insurance

• 24-02-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Picking up a new car tomorrow and sales guy in Nissan mentioned a scratch protection product they offer called Smart Insurance.
    €399 for 3 years cover and they come out and repair any scratches, dents & scuffs up to 15cm and chips up to 1.5cm
    They have mobile repair guys who come out to you and set up a tent around the car and do the repair at your location and if they can't fix it they cover up to €250 towards a body shop.

Anyone any experience with this as it sounds good but I'm always wary of sales people selling add-one so I'm naturally suspicious!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Standard additional product up selling by dealers these days similar to offering paintwork protection sealant or gap insurance products which they make a healthy additional margin on. Really up to you whether you think you will get value from it or not, just read the small print on what they will and won't cover.

I tend to just decline these dealer offers myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's sticky enough. €400 would buy you a healthy amount of SMART repairs at retail prices and how many marks do you actually plan on picking up? You'd have to make 4 or 5 claims to get any form of value from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Sounds a bit of a rip-off alright. €399 would pay for a good few door-dings/scratches.

My last three or four cars escaped with barely a mark while I owned them but then I go to a lot of rounds when parking in Dunnes, Tesco, Woodie's and the likes.

For a careful owner that Smart Insurance is way too pricy imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For door dings I'd use paint less dent removal over a smart repair. Smart is grand for bumpers but you don't get the same finish as a proper spray booth. They won't respray a door in all likelihood, but may fill in stone chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

colm_mcm wrote: »
    For door dings I'd use paint less dent removal over a smart repair. Smart is grand for bumpers but you don't get the same finish as a proper spray booth. They won't respray a door in all likelihood, but may fill in stone chips.

The Windsor scheme does both. They have a guy here who does the smart repairs, and someone who comes over from the UK once a month to do the PDR stuff.

I have it and got a pretty good job done on a bumper scrape. I have a few door dings too, but haven't got around to getting those done yet.

It's all the same company in the UK that does their GAP insurance and extended warranty too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm picking up a car from them on Monday and was considering their GAP insurance but this crowd do it for €100 cheaper and their underwriter and policy t & c

s seem ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Windsor price matched on the GAP insurance :)

Advertisement