Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

folding bike in Cork city?

Options
  • 24-02-2017 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Half thinking of getting a folding bike but wondering if a good idea given the bloody potholes and hills in Cork. Very poor selection in bike shops and am wondering if that's because theyre not really stable enough for our roads? Anyone any experience cycling on one around city and thoughts? Last thing I want is to waste money if find I can't use on daily commute to work. Nowhere to store regular bike so they last a year before end up riddled with rust.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

seefin wrote: »
    Half thinking of getting a folding bike but wondering if a good idea given the bloody potholes and hills in Cork. Very poor selection in bike shops and am wondering if that's because theyre not really stable enough for our roads? Anyone any experience cycling on one around city and thoughts? Last thing I want is to waste money if find I can't use on daily commute to work. Nowhere to store regular bike so they last a year before end up riddled with rust.

I've used our one a few times. It has three gears so the hills aren't a major issue. The small wheels do tends to let you feel the bumps a bit more though.
    The bike we got was a few years ago now and is fairly hefty in weight. Not ideal for carrying around a lot by hand. I generally just use it if I'm parking a bit outside the city centre. It's a Brompton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Depending on where you live the coke bikes are an excellent resource, have you tried using something like this?

Advertisement