Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Didn't Dispense Cash

• 24-02-2017 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I used an ATM in a shop today and for some reason the ATM didn't dispense the cash (said transaction cancelled) I checked my online banking right away and it showed that the money came from my account.

Had a word with the shopkeeper and he said it should be returned to my account within a few days. 

Can you confirm if this will be the case?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Indestructable,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

The shopkeeper is correct. Once the ATM updates your balance should automatically correct itself within the next 3 working days or possibly overnight.

If for any reason this does not happen you can send a secure mail via the Service Desk on 365Online. Just choose the option for 'Ask a Question'. A representative can then help with an ATM retrieval request on your behalf.

I hope this information helps and if you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Much appreciated.
    Thanks Elaine. 

You're more than welcome :-)

Have a lovely weekend.

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Have a lovely weekend.

Elaine

I had the same yesterday in enniscorthy, was wondering what would happen i will wait and see after reading this post

stretchaq wrote: »

Have a lovely weekend.

Elaine

I had the same yesterday in enniscorthy, was wondering what would happen i will wait and see after reading this post
    Good Morning stretchaq,

The debit should automatically correct itself within 3 working days once the ATM updates. If for any reason this does not happen, you can send a secure message via the Service Desk on 365Online where a representative can assist with a retrieval of the funds.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

• Advertisement

Hello,

It has been 4 working days now and no sign of the money returning. What should my next course of action be?
    Thanks.

stretchaq, did yours come back yet?

Hello,

It has been 4 working days now and no sign of the money returning. What should my next course of action be?
    Thanks.

stretchaq, did yours come back yet?
    Hi Indestructable,

Thanks for coming back to us here and I'm sorry to hear that the funds have not automatically reversed onto your account.

To have this investigated, you can send a secure message via the Service Desk on 365Online. Just click the option for 'Ask a Question' and type your query. Once received, our team will raise an ATM retrieval request on your behalf to have the funds refunded to your account.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please just let me know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Just a quick update. The money arrived back in my account this morning. Just took a little longer than thought.

All's well that ends well :) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Just a quick update. The money arrived back in my account this morning. Just took a little longer than thought.

All's well that ends well :) 
    Happy to hear that the funds have credited back into your account.

Thanks again for contacting us here on Boards.ie, if we can assist with anything else please let us know.

Tara C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This happened to me as well last night.  Bit of a balls to be honest. Is there no way to speed up the process of getting it back? Could I call into the bank where it happened. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    This happened to me as well last night.  Bit of a balls to be honest. Is there no way to speed up the process of getting it back? Could I call into the bank where it happened. 
    I think they balance the machines once a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Hi OwaynOTT, 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm afraid it's not possible to speed up this process. If the amount does not automatically adjust back to your account, please send your query through the Ask a Question option on the 365 Online Service Desk. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement