Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf mark 5 mpg

• 24-02-2017 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey how much fuel consumption is yer golfs doing? I get 30 around town and wondering is it a little low? It's 1.6 FSI petrol. Curious to see what ye are getting or even in similar litre cars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say that's around all you will get around town, especially in the cold weather with heater, lights and rear window demister on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

What do you get? Curious to know what others are getting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You're never going to get great mpg driving around town. Constant stop/start driving will not make an engine efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had a 1.4 Mk4 and was getting about 35mpg at best in the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's about right. I'd be expecting late 20's or early thirties around town, late 30's motorway.

• Advertisement

That's about right. I'd be expecting late 20's or early thirties around town, late 30's motorway.

What car have you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

A Honda Civic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I have a 1.4 FSI 2006 Golf. I've had it almost 18 months, done almost 25k KM and I've got 39mpg during that time. I don't do much city driving but that figure does drop a lot with constant stop start.

Filled up today after doing 365km in the past week, nearly all N road driving. 40.1 mpg according to fuelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/golf
    remember to set it to UK.

pajor wrote: »
    I have a 1.4 FSI 2006 Golf. I've had it almost 18 months, done almost 25k KM and I've got 39mpg during that time. I don't do much city driving but that figure does drop a lot with constant stop start.

Filled up today after doing 365km in the past week, nearly all N road driving. 40.1 mpg according to fuelly.

Can you set the trip computer to MPG or must it stay in L/100km?

• Advertisement

Can you set the trip computer to MPG or must it stay in L/100km?

What trip computer? :pac:

What trip computer? :pac:

Maybe it's not called that lol , the screen that shows your L/100km average and your amount of petrol left etc

Maybe it's not called that lol , the screen that shows your L/100km average and your amount of petrol left etc

You're not following. I have nothing in my car that calculates my fuel economy. I only use the website fuelly.

You're not following. I have nothing in my car that calculates my fuel economy. I only use the website fuelly.

Ohhhh ok sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Do you not have a multi function display in the dash between the rev counter & speedo? I would've thought all mkv golfs have that.

Do you not have a multi function display in the dash between the rev counter & speedo? I would've thought all mkv golfs have that.

Nope. Only displays the odometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

I'm getting 34mpg or so in my 1.4 mk5. I have a very short suburban commute so that number is about right, it goes up slightly when I take a decent spin.

Advertisement