Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 11 | Hostiles and Calamities [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 24-02-2017 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 11 - "Hostiles and Calamities"

Airdate - February 26th on AMC at 9/8c | February 27th on FOX UK at 9PM

An Alexandrian discovers they must navigate the mysterious, confusing and terrifying world within the Saviors' compound.

Promo

Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 87 votes

0%
    3%
    BlazerAlso Starring LeVar Burtonrobertpatterson 3 votes
    10%
    EndaaaaghVéloJuwwiriceroCrackleAlfred BordenMike Tobacco[Deleted User]The Talking Bread 9 votes
    28%
    big sykePrefab Sprouterskipper_Gkilkennykittennok2008winston82GavRedKingrednogginsigmaxuscouveebbsyCPSWalchemist33DylanAFCMac BsabhailMrBobbyZHotzenplotztnegunbmorrissey 25 votes
    19%
    YakuzaWashoutleche solaraTerrorFirmerLone Stonegoose06dcliffordHank ScorpioElChe32Sudden Valley8mvdr.kenneth noisewaterbrijayRothkocoolisinAgent CoulsonLiordi 17 votes
    13%
    CinastorkeryabadabadofrashwillowthewispMonifecrustyblajohnrunsgabe1977shazzermanstronglikebullThibus 12 votes
    10%
    5starpoolNUTZZtomred1Hande hoche!terryduff12readyletsgoJohn_D80Foreign SportsD0NNELLY 9 votes
    10%
    La_GordygeeceeclaivaDarth MelkorZero-CoolLiamaloneduffysfarmdavo2001Keplar240B 9 votes
    1%
    obriendj 1 vote
    2%
    Decuc500J Mysterio 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Dwight is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters, would be amazing if he eventually switched sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dwight is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters, would be amazing if he eventually switched sides.

Dwight, Eugene and Negan are my three favourites at the moment, so I really enjoyed this episode a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dwight, Eugene and Negan are my three favourites at the moment, so I really enjoyed this episode a lot.

Yeah, they are fascinating characters, superbly cast also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I'm a little lost - why did Dwight set up the doctor??....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DoozerT6 wrote: »

Someone had to be set up and the doctor was an easy target. Didn't his wife work with the doctor as well?

• Advertisement

Very good episode. Can't believe someone gave it a 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Best episode in a while! Felt sorry for Dwight when he left the beer and crisps in the house, great scene. By the end of he episode however I was back to disliking him, a tortured soul! Nice to see the humane side of Negans wives too. Did Eugene looking at the ginger lad near the start have any significance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is Negan stupid? kills a doctor for research scientist?

is dwight really that important?

He has another "doctor Carson" if you picked up on that ! ; )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

that's exactly what i was thinking at the time, i was like i dont think some know's that the title "DR" does not always mean medical doctor.. :D I was also a bit baffled by the whole framing of the dr part didnt really make much sense but yeah odd choice.

It was a good episode i think the best one so far since it came back on air, clearly tho i doubt Eugene is going to be on side with negan for long or at least he's just waiting for a sign from rick and the group for an attack no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lone Stone wrote: »
    It was a good episode i think the best one so far since it came back on air, clearly tho i doubt Eugene is going to be on side with negan for long or at least he's just waiting for a sign from rick and the group for an attack no doubt.

Eugene is the Inside Man, and therefore the most valuable asset in the upcoming war.

If Daryl had had his wits about him, he would've gotten on Negan's side, gathered intelligence about how Negan's operation works, realised the majority of Negan's army only follow him out of fear - all of which is valuable information for Rick and everyone looking to take Negan down. Daryl was never forward thinking enough to realise this, but Eugene clearly is and is playing a blinder so far.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DoozerT6 wrote: »

Probably because it's clear that the doctor is fully on Negans side now and he was easy to set up. It's clear Dwight has switched sides effectively and is biding his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anyone else think Eugene is genuinely team Negan at the moment? I don't think it'll last, but I do think he's sold on the idea. He's getting more than he had in Alexandria and is also getting recognition while being kept safe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Best episode for quite some time.
    Lone Stone wrote:
    It was a good episode i think the best one so far since it came back on air, clearly tho i doubt Eugene is going to be on side with negan for long or at least he's just waiting for a sign from rick and the group for an attack no doubt
    I hope so, I wouldn't like to see Eugene becoming a turncoat.

Although I don't mind the OTT stuff, Negan was a tad less hammy tonight and it suited him better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Eugene is not a turncoat, he kept the tablets he made for use at a more opportune time.

The scene where Dwight was in the cottage by himself, and left the pretzels and beer was great.

Why didn't the doctor scream in agony when he was launched into the fire, not even a struggle?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Great episode. Wasn't there some scenes early on with sherry, Dr and Dwight ..maybe dwight came in at end of dr talking to sherry? I had impression Dwight and sherry didn't like Dr., so a good candidate to be framed from Dwight's pt of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Gave it an 8.  Thought it was a really good episode in terms of the character development of Eugene and Dwight.  Felt sorry for Dwight early on in the episode and was back to hating him later on (suppose he has to do anything to survive Negan's wrath).  Loved how "Easy Street" made Eugene nod along rather than pull his hair out from listening to it!
    Don't think Eugene will turn on Rick and Co, he will be their inside man when everyone goes to war.  Have a feeling that those tablets he made with be TWD's version of the ricin from Breaking Bad and will make an appearance later on in the series.
    Just hope no one is expecting Dr. Eugene to perform any surgeries on any medical emergencies! :-)

Eugene being a "play the long game" inside man is just too obvious. Or maybe the fact that it is too obvious makes you think it is obvious that the twist is that he has turned but the twist is then that he hasn't turned..............I genuinely, for the first time in a while, and being a comic reader also haven't a clue where they might go with this one. Surely though, he wants revenge for Abraham.........but surely that's too obvious.

It's intriguing, this one.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did I see a hint of a smile from Eugene when he was walking away from Neegan at one stage? I think it was when he was carrying the pickles. As in, the plan is going nicely, or, this is pretty sweet...

I was a little confused about the memory comment from Dwight's wife. He's not acting like the automaton that she is describing. Wonder will we see a zombie in a black party dress next week?

The red haired shop lifter, and the two wives, may be showing us that there is scope for resistance against Neegan, if the opportunity arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

They've done more character development with Dwight in this season than they have with most of the others in the last three or four seasons! He's definitely going to take a shot at old bendy legs some day soon, you can sense it.

Speaking of Negan, I want to see him in action...firing guns, organising his men, leading them into battle. Enough of the 'well look at youuuu' sh1te, it's beyond tiresome now. Decent episode though.

• Advertisement

Eugene is not a turncoat, he kept the tablets he made for use at a more opportune time.

The scene where Dwight was in the cottage by himself, and left the pretzels and beer was great.

Why didn't the doctor scream in agony when he was launched into the fire, not even a struggle?

the doctor did scream.

So Eugene made poison pills and Dwight got the doctor killed...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

decent episode.

i missed the very end , what was the exchange with dwight and eugene about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

This all shows you how effective Neagan can be as a leader.....he obviously knows how to read people and is becoming a brilliant character in my opinion, 
    He knew that Darrell needed to be broken and having him tossed in a cell and slowly chipping away at him would be the only way....deprive him of food and make him fear for his safety...on the outside Darnell relies doent have to depend on people, if it came down to it, he can Hunt, Fight and survive on his own,...Neagan needed him to feel like he wasn't in control and completely weak...and then on the flip side how he treats Eugene, is equally brilliant 
    On the outside Eugene never feels safe and always needs protection...and is most often or not treated as a bit of a joke with ricks group,.....where as Neagan Knew, that if he gave Eugene some attention and make him feel protected,,, whilst at the same time giving him a taste of power he would easily win him over... and it worked...or so eugene is letting him think it has worked,,,,,great episode really enjoyed it...the easy street scene was also amazing!! and really evoked the different strategy taken by neagan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Fox Hound wrote: »
    This all shows you how effective Neagan can be as a leader.....he obviously knows how to read people and is becoming a brilliant character in my opinion,

I actually think the episode had loads of contradictions in it, deliberately so. It was highlighted by the Easy Street song. Something that indicated Daryls hopeless situation previously, but highlights Eugenes positive situation now. Negan has read Eugene really well and Eugene is on board. He hasn't read Dwight well at all though and Dwight is very much not on board. It shows Negan is flawed and potentially vulnerable despite the position he is in and how good he is at controlling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

They've done more character development with Dwight in this season than they have with most of the others in the last three or four seasons! He's definitely going to take a shot at old bendy legs some day soon, you can sense it.

Speaking of Negan, I want to see him in action...firing guns, organising his men, leading them into battle. Enough of the 'well look at youuuu' sh1te, it's beyond tiresome now. Decent episode though.

That cracked me up!

I thought the exchange between Dwight and Eugene at the end of the episode was hinting at the pair playing the long game and waiting for their opportunity... or have I read too much into it?

Scraggs wrote: »
    That cracked me up!

I thought the exchange between Dwight and Eugene at the end of the episode was hinting at the pair playing the long game and waiting for their opportunity... or have I read too much into it?

No, you could see a mental unison there possibly.,...............but on the other hand, you could see Dwight and Eugene "exchanging places" in a way as Neagan's right hand man. Eugene, the enthusiastic (or seemingly so) "We are Neagan" as compared to Dwight's stumbling statement of "We are Neagan" with Eugene, seemingly content and on board with his new environment compared to Dwight's ever growing distancing from same.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Scraggs wrote:

That was the angle of that scene. It showed the two people capable of sabotaging Negan from the inside.

The scene also showed Eugene eating a pickle next to a man who's penis he bit in self defense in a previous episode. Terrific writing.

old bendy legs 

HAHAHAHAAH love it!!!!

molloyjh wrote: »

I actually think the episode had loads of contradictions in it, deliberately so. It was highlighted by the Easy Street song. Something that indicated Daryls hopeless situation previously, but highlights Eugenes positive situation now. Negan has read Eugene really well and Eugene is on board. He hasn't read Dwight well at all though and Dwight is very much not on board. It shows Negan is flawed and potentially vulnerable despite the position he is in and how good he is at controlling it.
    Neagan Does know that Dwight is up to something....Thats why he said that if his wife turns up...then Dwight will have the other side of his face burned off.....he just needed to make an example of someone for Eugene's sake as Eugene is the new "toy" to play with.....and the doctor was less effort than Dwight...Plus killing Dwight could have more backlash within the group....Neagan also looks like a guy that probably gets board easily and playing these mind games seem to humor him alot....

• Advertisement

Neagan Does know that Dwight is up to something....Thats why he said that if his wife turns up...then Dwight will have the other side of his face burned off.....he just needed to make an example of someone for Eugene's sake as Eugene is the new "toy" to play with.....and the doctor was less effort than Dwight...Plus killing Dwight could have more backlash within the group....Neagan also looks like a guy that probably gets board easily and playing these mind games seem to humor him alot....
    but but is 100% sure Eugene is a doctor?

Advertisement