Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknarea Queen Maeve Trail

Options
  • 24-02-2017 11:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking of walking it for a long time. I may head up tomorrow morning, weather depending. How does everyone find it? Those who have walked it of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    I've been thinking of walking it for a long time. I may head up tomorrow morning, weather depending. How does everyone find it? Those who have walked it of course.

Walked it, ran it, competed on it, fell down bits of it.

:D

Are you thinking the newly built board walk path from the Rugby Club, or the orriginal tourist path from the Glen Road.

The board walk can be quite narrow in places, and sometimes have to step off to let people by, could be slippy in places as well, a lot of it through the trees so not as scenic, but it is one gradient the whole way.

The orriginal tourist path is wider, and more open, but with varying gradients, although it has been stepped in places making it easier. Has uninterrupted views for most of it as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Yeah I was thinking of the walk from the Rugby club. Didn't walk it this morning, as I couldn't see the top of it until some time after 9am. The day I get some good weather, I'll make a good go of it. I didn't waste the opportunity for a walk today, even in the rain though.

Advertisement