Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldshield Boston English Pointer

Options
  • 24-02-2017 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello to all,

Looking to find out if anyone knows anyone breeding a goldshield Boston or knowing anyone considering to have a bitch stand for a dog or have a dog sire for a bitch?

I'm asking for my father in law who had one many moons ago and has never been able to come across someone breeding them since his last one passed away.

All information regarding this breed(whether it leads to him finding one or not)will be well received and, he wouldn't know How To use google so any info at all would be better than nothing.

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi op,
    Would you like me to move your enquiry over to the Hunting forum? I'd say you're more likely to come across lads familiar with this well-known line there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Maybe try the Irish Pointer club http://www.irishpointerclub.com/contact.htm

Am I right in saying the name Goldshield Boston English Pointer is a bloodline among pointers and not a particular breed itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

DBB wrote: »
    Hi op,
    Would you like me to move your enquiry over to the Hunting forum? I'd say you're more likely to come across lads familiar with this well-known line there :)

That would be great thanks, I wasn't aware there was a hunting thread, fair play for the suggestion:)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Rommie wrote: »
    Maybe try the Irish Pointer club http://www.irishpointerclub.com/contact.htm

Am I right in saying the name Goldshield Boston English Pointer is a bloodline among pointers and not a particular breed itself?

I personally wouldn't know the difference but he definitely would, I'll ask him and thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated bud

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gonehawking

Goldshield Boston was an English Pointer Dog/Bitch, there are a good few English Pointers that I'm sure carry that bloodline, some of ours go back to them via Sugarloaf and Daranish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

had a dog shired by the famous dog ,top class he was owened by paddy collins in laois will make a few calls should have something inside the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Take a look at westcoast falcons web site it should help you.

Advertisement