Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Will it be at a reasonable price?

€55 if you have a season ticket, €65 if you don't. Very reasonable considering they are umbro jerseys in today's market. Jerseys are very dear as it is don't get me wrong but compared to others that's not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

€55 if you have a season ticket, €65 if you don't. Very reasonable considering they are umbro jerseys in today's market. Jerseys are very dear as it is don't get me wrong but compared to others that's not bad.

I actually think it is expensive if the home jersey is anything to go by. A better quality jersey from lets say an EPL team would not be much more.

alta stare wrote: »
    I actually think it is expensive if the home jersey is anything to go by. A better quality jersey from lets say an EPL team would not be much more.

65? Nah they can keep it.

Better quality? In what way? It's umbro. Nicer jerseys maybe but nothing will be better quality.

Just out of curiosity how much is the big hockey jersey? Does it compare well?

• Advertisement

Better quality? In what way? It's umbro. Nicer jerseys maybe but nothing will be better quality.

I have the home Jersey so i know the level of quality i also have a Chelsea jersey which is by far a better made jersey. Im not saying Umbro are poor im saying the quality of the Waterford jersey is not worth 65euro and for an extra 10 or so you could have a better made jersey. Dont get me wrong its great to support the club but i think they are putting the price too high. Given the quality of the jersey id say 50euro would be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

It seems people are suggesting WFC linked with Aaron Greene on Facebook.

Good player 12 goals in a season of turmoil at Bray and I’d take him in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Gardner

Big rumours going about the weekend that Noel Hunt is signing in January. Been released from Wigan Athletic. Same rumours going about with John O’Shea. Interesting times ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Personally I'd rather we didn't turn into a last pay day before retirement club, JOSH would be ok, could still do a job at this level I'm sure for a season but you can keep Hunt. I doubt he has scored 10 league goals in his last 4 seasons combined, and that is including a season in league 2.

Money can surely be better spent.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Personally I'd rather we didn't turn into a last pay day before retirement club, JOSH would be ok, could still do a job at this level I'm sure for a season but you can keep Hunt. I doubt he has scored 10 league goals in his last 4 seasons combined, and that is including a season in league 2.

Wouldn't worry too much string, seen a lot of these rumours about Murphy, hunts, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That served Waterford well in the past :)

I’d agree. Especially about Hunt. Keith Fahey and Duff came to league in recent years and Fahey ran out of steam quite quickly where as Duff didn’t offer anything at all. And he’s played at very high levels too. Rather we go for seasoned LOI players or younger players from abroad

O Shea would be a PR coup but i doubt he would come back here to play ball. Hunt could be a decent signing if was motivated enough to play LOI. Even if it isnt true the club are still after signing some good players. A high finish ie top 4 is very possible.

O Shea would be a PR coup but i doubt he would come back here to play ball. Hunt could be a decent signing if was motivated enough to play LOI. Even if it isnt true the club are still after signing some good players. A high finish ie top 4 is very possible.

I agree. You never know what you’ll get with “returning hero’s” but I’m very wary of them after many years following LOI. The top 3 won’t be broken. I think it’s us Derry and Pats looking at 4th. We still need to improve a lot if we do want to challenger for 4th though. We made a great start with Akinade and Hery. Webster again is a very good signing and Corbet then is as good if not better than Matt. No.1 Jersey is up for grabs. I hope Greene joins as he’s been heavily linked past few days. I believe we are one of the options Jordi Balk can choose, too Defender. Just looking at full back area on both sides, you’d want a number 10 type player to play in behind the striker and maybe another few squad players. But if the transfer windows Weber had since 2017 are anything to judge by we will pull out a few diamonds out of nowhere. Time will tell!

WFC1930 wrote: »
    I agree. You never know what you’ll get with “returning hero’s” but I’m very wary of them after many years following LOI. The top 3 won’t be broken. I think it’s us Derry and Pats looking at 4th. We still need to improve a lot if we do want to challenger for 4th though. We made a great start with Akinade and Hery. Webster again is a very good signing and Corbet then is as good if not better than Matt. No.1 Jersey is up for grabs. I hope Greene joins as he’s been heavily linked past few days. I believe we are one of the options Jordi Balk can choose, too Defender. Just looking at full back area on both sides, you’d want a number 10 type player to play in behind the striker and maybe another few squad players. But if the transfer windows Weber had since 2017 are anything to judge by we will pull out a few diamonds out of nowhere. Time will tell!

For me the key signing is Hery. Quality player who can boss midfield if he is feeling up to it. Heres hoping he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Fixtures announced today, Blues first game back in Premier Division is at home against Derry City on Friday 16th February 2018. Looking forward to that game already!

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Fixtures announced today, Blues first game back in Premier Division is at home against Derry City on Friday 16th February 2018. Looking forward to that game already!

A good way to start off and the second game is a big one in Turners Cross. Two tough games to start off with. 6 points would be amazing 4 would be great 2 would be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

How do ye guys feel about ye're chances next season. Had put together a strong squad already?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Interesting to see new development proposals submitted by city council for development in RSC of new 2 storey building, dressing rooms and viewing area on ground floor and new meeting rooms and social facilities on upper level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Interesting to see new development proposals submitted by city council for development in RSC of new 2 storey building, dressing rooms and viewing area on ground floor and new meeting rooms and social facilities on upper level

Seen that, is there a design of the plans?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Deiseen wrote:
    Seen that, is there a design of the plans?

You have to go council offices to see them or pay for a copy of them there

It's for the back pitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    How do ye guys feel about ye're chances next season. Had put together a strong squad already?

Hard to know, you'd have to be cautious,big step up, be great if we are competitive,I think mid table be good result, try build on that after first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Out of curiosity , who owns the RSC? Really fine facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

joeysoap wrote: »
    Out of curiosity , who owns the RSC? Really fine facility.

Waterford city and county council

Waterford's first pre season match is tomorrow night 7pm out in Tramore. I'd imagine there will be an entry charge of between €3 and €5 to go to tramore.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Hard to know, you'd have to be cautious,big step up, be great if we are competitive,I think mid table be good result, try build on that after first season.

Ye seem to have recruited well, certainly a much better squad than Limerick & Sligo at the minute.

Anyone have an opinion on Akinade's signing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

It's been done already in the thread

It's been done already in the thread

Oh sorry, i have a look further back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ye seem to have recruited well, certainly a much better squad than Limerick & Sligo at the minute.

He should do well for the club.

Advertisement