Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

very important win for bohs from our perspective. good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dundalk vs Sligo tonight another important game for us

We need a Sligo win as a draw or Dundalk win puts Dundalk back in the lead with another game in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Dundalk have a tough run of fixtures coming up and an injury crisis. They've been a great side in recent years, but this could go either way for them.

Club got an allocation of 300 tickers for Friday's Cup match. On sale from the link below

UCD prob have one of the smallest supporters numbers in the whole league

Sligo beat Dundalk 2-1

A result in our favour, Dundalk now only 1 game in hand

Hopefully the start of a good week for the club. As we learnt before UCD won't be any pushovers esp up there in Belfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Hopefully we get the win tonight.. Never an easy place to get a result.. Be nice to get into a semifinal,, great chance of silverware this year in the cup

Yeah it would be great for the club to get the win tonight and get into a cup semi final for first time since 2009 which tbf was a freak cup run for us

As you said UCD are no pushovers and it's hard place to get a win

Balls 1-0 down

No sound for the watchloi stream, paying €5 for it not good enough

1-1 at HT

We're growing more and more into the game

Yessssss

• Advertisement

Yess what a win, commentators very biased to UCD

Semi finals now and we hope for the home draw

Dundalk or Finn Harps

Bohs

St Pats

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Great cup tie and we look forward to the semi final draw. We have had 2 close calls against first division teams so far that we got through but I won't be saying our name is on the FAI Cup yet. Home draw v Finn Harps or Dundalk is the best option.

Anyone know when the cup draw is ?

Looking at the league fixtures the semis will be played the weekend of 22nd/23rd/24th October. Atm 5 league games scheduled for October along with the cup semi final, going to be a busy month and squad depth will be needed

Dundalk v Finn Harps on Tuesday night, wouldn't be surprised if it's after that fixture.

Only four outfield players on the bench last night. Squad certainly stretched, but Dundalk have an injury crisis and a lot of fixtures in a small timeframe. Cup replay is a disaster for them.

Stupid decision by the FAI to not have extra time and penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Think the draw for the cup is on Tuesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

anyone else get a weird vibe of Richard Forrest's social media cry for people to attend, probably looking too much into it but just feels desperate and screams "this is harder than i thought and i may bounce out of here if it doesn't change" - love what he's doing and hope he's here for the long haul.

All good so far and the fans seem to like him

No doubt if we win the cup or even get to the final himself, the squad and Bircham will be local hero's

Imaging winning the cup but then get relegated through the playoffs. Didn't that happen to a club in the recent past ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I think he's dead right to put it up to the local football community - I'm doing my bit, time for ye to do your bit.

I guess anyone has the right to bounce out of here if they inject a load of cash into the club, and people still don't turn out to support the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

dundalk relegated in 2002. And won the cup ( last one of winter season) ironically Kenny in charge of bohs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

One of the big issues I can see is that there's a very poor relationship between WFC and the Junior League at executive management/board level. They should be working hand-in-hand but it's more of a competition between the two about whose you know what is bigger.

Post edited by Crusty Blaa on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I despair if people don't turn up and back the club at this moment. There's a bit of excitement being built and the chairman looks like he's really enjoying it. The football and the games have been really good and to top it off we're in a cup semi. Would be an absolute tragedy for the club if they went down.

Really hope this takes off, how good would it be to have a really good side regularly pushing for honours again.

Fair play to the chairman trying to create a buzz, it's his first go at owning a club and if he does get that backing he could hang around a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Is the Callum Harriott deal off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I could be wrong but get the impression that he doesn't have too many people around him advising him or managing his social media presence. I think he's just taken a notion that he'd like to encourage more people to attend and 2,000 fans seemed like a nice round figure that was achievable.

Waterford are a poorly supported club, and have one of the lowest average attendances in the Premier Division over recent years - hovering in around the 1,500 mark.

However we have seen games where over 4,000 people have attended so I think there's some value in Richard banging his drum. At least he seems to be getting a bit more positive energy across than his predecessor.

I think there's generally a good bit more attention being paid to the LOI over the past couple of years.

I think more people are going to games generally. There's some technically gifted players in the league at the moment and in recent years, teams have been holding their own in European fixtures, and it's no longer a shock to see the odd player getting called into the Ireland squad (albeit that's partly because Ireland are rubbish at the moment).

Waterford have good facilities and a good playing surface at the RSC. I hope that they can get a couple of Bastian Hery type players in the squad next season as I think a lot of casual football fans would pay in to see lads like that tog out. Perhaps the likes of Phoenix Patterson or Junior Quitirna could get up to that level if they can retain them, but I fear that they'll slip back to the UK after Christmas if they can get a contract somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Was that the one which they showed the clip on social media ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Yes that's the guy scoring the goal in the clip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Just had a Google of this lad. Maybe we are better off we steered clear..

Advertisement