Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Blues won one nil, made ten changes in the second half. Never really got out of second gear and the conditions didn't help. Good run out for them. Fair play to tramore the pitch and facilities are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Blues won one nil, made ten changes in the second half. Never really got out of second gear and the conditions didn't help. Good run out for them. Fair play to tramore the pitch and facilities are excellent.

Did John Kavanagh get a run out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

And on to Wexford last Friday good win in rotton conditions 4_1

Negative: mean 10e Adm fee considering they sent a call out to fans during the week to come down and clean the birdsh#t off the old stand
    Skivvy for free pay to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hoffmans wrote: »
    And on to Wexford last Friday good win in rotton conditions 4_1

Negative: mean 10e Adm fee considering they sent a call out to fans during the week to come down and clean the birdsh#t off the old stand
    Skivvy for free pay to watch...

€10 for a friendly seems pretty excessive especially against Wexford, not like it was a big club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I don't mind paying €10 to watch The Blues. However, I do think them raising the price for u14s to €5 for a friendly from €3 during last year's successful league campaign is ridiculous.

It was noticeable that a lot of children were at the games last season, but are parents now being priced out, especially as the adult admission will probably rise to €15 for this season? I bring two kids to the games, so that's a €9 hike for each game. It may not sound like much, but it adds up.

I think they're missing a trick by pricing kids out. They're the future of the club and they're the ones who will want to wear the merchandise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

€15 will be the admission this season - seems to be the going rate - so considering that I suppose €10 for a friendly is fair enough.

I agree about the hike in price at the gate - especially with kids. Personally, if I bring my 4 kids, which I occasionally do then it's €35 at the gate. I'm not blaming the club - again these seem to be going rates - but will have an influence on me this season.

I know there's a family season ticket, but I wonder will there be a match day family ticket offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

noby wrote: »
    €15 will be the admission this season - seems to be the going rate - so considering that I suppose €10 for a friendly is fair enough.

I agree about the hike in price at the gate - especially with kids. Personally, if I bring my 4 kids, which I occasionally do then it's €35 at the gate. I'm not blaming the club - again these seem to be going rates - but will have an influence on me this season.

I know there's a family season ticket, but I wonder will there be a match day family ticket offer?

How much are student tickets out of interest?

the prices are the going rates for all the full time teams for friendlies and with regards to league games it's the price for all teams in the division. Last year it was €12 at UCD and shels charged €15 I think. Drogheda even charged €20 not so long ago.

the prices are the going rates for all the full time teams for friendlies and with regards to league games it's the price for all teams in the division. Last year it was €12 at UCD and shels charged €15 I think. Drogheda even charged €20 not so long ago.

I absolutely get that, and I'm not having a go at the club.
    Just something I need to factor in, and if there was a family admission price it would be handy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

away supporters who were never in the rsc may be in for a shock when they realize there are no pubs within the RSC area and are a bit of a walk away

closest pubs to the RSC are Garveys, place in Kilcohn and Candy/Brady's in John's park but then again John Street is only about 15 min walk away

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    away supporters who were never in the rsc may be in for a shock when they realize there are no pubs within the RSC area and are a bit of a walk away

closest pubs to the RSC are Garveys, place in Kilcohn and Candy/Brady's in John's park but then again John Street is only about 15 min walk away

Yellow house is a 5 minute walk.

it's shut down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I'm sure the supporters will cope. Playing at rsc now along time so i say must clubs have been there before!!!. If they want drink they can drink in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Closed a few years now no?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Closed a few years now no?

Yeah closed down a good while now, big For Sale up on it at the moment. Rumours doing the rounds for months that Lee Power bought it as some sort of clubhouse type building

never had a drink in the yellow house

heard it was rough, it looks like something out of the wild west

PTH2009 wrote: »

Not really, most stop just across the bridge and then get back on their bus to the RSC round ko time.

After 10 long years the wait is over tomorrow. First game of the season is 7.45 at the RSC against Derry. It could prove a tough opener for the blues as Derry have finished fourth the last two seasons. Big crowd expected so get down early to avoid the queue. Tickets are priced at €15 adult, €10 concession and €5 child. Tickets can be bought in centra, on the gate or online through this link...

http://www.waterfordfc.ie/tickets/

Get out and support YOUR LOCAL TEAM. Football is not just a tv show!
    This promises to be a cracking season of football. 'Mon the blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great crowd, great result, $hit weather.brilliant

Brilliant start to the season, 3 points on the board already. 2 lovely goals this evening, good crowd of 2,500. Weather was brutal but who cares, we got the win...

• Advertisement

very good win

Away to Cork City next Friday and then home to St pats on the 26th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really good performance, and good entertainment.

As I don't know anyone's name yet, the guy that looks like David Luiz played brilliantly in midfield - some Derry fans calling him Mo Salah. A nice big tall pacey striker as well - a few more decent crosses into him and he'll bury them.

The pitch was awful, mainly because of the downpour that occurred all afternoon. Some passes never found their target after they just got stuck in some waterlogged areas of the pitch.

Also, what was going on with the tannoy/music. Zombie Nation being played while a one minutes silence was ongoing was quite odd. I know it was a mistake, but it only stopped playing after half a minute

iseegirls wrote: »
    Really good performance, and good entertainment.

As I don't know anyone's name yet, the guy that looks like David Luiz played brilliantly in midfield - some Derry fans calling him Mo Salah. A nice big tall pacey striker as well - a few more decent crosses into him and he'll bury them.

The pitch was awful, mainly because of the downpour that occurred all afternoon. Some passes never found their target after they just got stuck in some waterlogged areas of the pitch.

Also, what was going on with the tannoy/music. Zombie Nation being played while a one minutes silence was ongoing was quite odd. I know it was a mistake, but it only stopped playing after half a minute

Yeah that was Bastien Hery in midfield with the big hair! Brilliant performance by him, especially in the first half. Blues have a very strong midfield with Hery, Keegan, Holohan. Aborah, and Daly to come back in, not sure why he wasnt involved last night but Daly was arguably player of the year last year, classy left sided midfielder.

Akinade up front is a handful, big and strong with pace, should get goals with the right supply. I thought he got nothing from the ref last night, was constantly fouled with few frees given. Still short another striker I feel, if Deano or Akinade got injured we would be short on options.

Really enjoyable game and important win for the club on return to Premier division. Tough one away to Cork next Friday but confidence will be high after last nights win. Did well to get the game played last night, loads of surface water and Id say it was close enough to being called off, supporters brushing water off the pitch before kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

I will probably be in Cork next weekend and was thinking of heading to the game in Turner's Cross. Does anybody know what to do about tickets? Can they be bought here or do you just turn up at the ground in Cork? Presumably, there's an away end? Haven't been to an away match for 25 years or so - so I'm not sure about the procedure!

I will probably be in Cork next weekend and was thinking of heading to the game in Turner's Cross. Does anybody know what to do about tickets? Can they be bought here or do you just turn up at the ground in Cork? Presumably, there's an away end? Haven't been to an away match for 25 years or so - so I'm not sure about the procedure!

I believe Waterford were allocated 350 tickets for a particular section of turners cross, these were then put up for sale on ticket master by cork city fc, which has caused hassle as the blues believed they would gets the tickets and distribute them. I don't know which section of the ground or if tickets are still available. Maybe contact the club or find Blues Supporters Club in Facebook where there would certainly be lots of info

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    I believe Waterford were allocated 350 tickets for a particular section of turners cross, these were then put up for sale on ticket master by cork city fc, which has caused hassle as the blues believed they would gets the tickets and distribute them. I don't know which section of the ground or if tickets are still available. Maybe contact the club or find Blues Supporters Club in Facebook where there would certainly be lots of info
    I had tried to ring but couldn't get an answer and their mailbox is full so couldn't leave a message. I hadn't thought of Facebook as I never use it myself! I had a look at Ticketmaster and that seems to be the place to go - thanks very much.

Tickets are on Ticketmaster. There is a specific link to away end tickets, which mightn't be obvious.

If you go to the Cork City web page, and on the ticket page there's a link just got Waterford tickets, below the general link.

There might be tickets on the gate, but it might be safer to buy in advance.

Actually, here's the direct link:

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/event/18005431B17C4260?did=away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

Thanks very much for the replies - very helpful. 3 tickets bought for the away end(at least when I printed the tickets, they said "away section" so I should be ok!).

An away win would be a very big ask. I reckon that a point would be a very good result.

• Advertisement

The away end will be rocking either way, can't wait.

Advertisement