Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

anything upto 5-600 expected to be there from Waterford on Friday night. biggest game for the sporting public of Waterford so far in 2018! Up the Blues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Gardner wrote: »
    anything upto 5-600 expected to be there from Waterford on Friday night. biggest game for the sporting public of Waterford so far in 2018! Up the Blues

There will be 350 Waterford fans there because thats all the tickets you've been provided by Cork City. Waterford were offered to physically sell the tickets themselves but were not willing to pay Cork City upfront so Cork City decided to sell them on Ticketmaster instead. No other club has ever had a problem with paying up front. There are also loads of tickets for the Waterford end available from that batch of 350.

For those who want a drink beforehand, there are plenty of bars around the ground where you will be more than welcome, but just a word of warning that Munster are also playing in Musgrave Park at 7pm Friday night so you might want to allow for extra time for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

CHealy wrote: »
    There will be 350 Waterford fans there because thats all the tickets you've been provided by Cork City.

Some fans bought home tickets by mistake.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Leave early to get there folks, Munster playing in cork tonight too

St pats in the RSC tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Disappointing result in Cork the other night but I suppose it's no disgrace to lose away from home to the defending champions. The Blues matched Cork in the first half but Cork came out stronger after half time.

Both of the goals seem to come from attacks down the left channel(our right side of defence) and the second goal came from a very soft challenge by the Blues defender on that side. We looked a bit vulnerable at times on the right side of defence in the first half too at the times when Cork kept the ball on the ground. Not sure if this was just a case of Cork being especially strong in that position but I wonder if anyone else noticed this too?

I was surprised at the level of security there too. We got searched on the way in - I assume that happened to everyone or did my group just look a bit dodgy;)? I've gone to plenty matches in England at different levels and I don't ever remember being searched.

I thought the Blues fans showed great support.

I was surprised at the level of security there too. We got searched on the way in - I assume that happened to everyone or did my group just look a bit dodgy;)? I've gone to plenty matches in England at different levels and I don't ever remember being searched.

I thought the Blues fans showed great support.

This is the norm in the premier division. Personally I think it's a good thing. I didn't appreciate being left behind in the stadium for ten minutes after the game though in the bitter cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

This is the norm in the premier division. Personally I think it's a good thing. I didn't appreciate being left behind in the stadium for ten minutes after the game though in the bitter cold!

To be honest, that was my first away game in the premier division ever, so I didn't realise that that was the norm. Yep, it was a chilly evening to be standing around alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Very comfortable win tonight, Izzy was excellent, Hery scored an absolute beauty.

2 disallowed goals also, they sat back and shut up shop with about 10/15 minutes to go and it was the only time in the game Pats had some pressure.

Great start to the campaign

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

great start is right. Hery goal was class. we are very solid all over. i know its early enough but i'm looking forward to see how we get on against Rovers, Dundalk and Bohs. that will tell us if we are within a chance of Europe.

btw if we do qualify for Europe will the RSC be compatible with UEFA criteria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Gardner wrote: »

btw if we do qualify for Europe will the RSC be compatible with UEFA criteria?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Is there anywhere to see the highlights or goals from last night? Would they be available on RTE News later today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

iseegirls wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to see the highlights or goals from last night? Would they be available on RTE News later today?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0226/943777-in-form-waterford-claim-second-win-against-pats/

Hery, take a bow son, take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

All games scheduled for Friday are now called off and rearranged for Monday meaning the blues will now play bray Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

All games scheduled for Friday are now called off and rearranged for Monday meaning the blues will now play bray Monday.

That game is on Monday 19th of March, not this Monday. The blues are playing UCC in the cup this Monday in the RSC

Misread the statement sorry for the confusion!

Blues with a fantastic 2-1 win away to Sligo last night with new signing Duffus getting his first goal (a last minute winner). Blues were very good in the first half but sat back a bit deep second half inviting them on but showed great character to push on and Nick the win. Blues now sit joint top of the table ahead of Monday's game where we entertain Bohs in the RSC with a 7.45 ko. Hopefully we will have a big turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,272 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

keep this up and we could qualify for the Europa league for 2019/20 season or even the champions league if we go on to win it but still very early days yet

is euro qualification 1st- Champions league and 2nd/3rd plus FAI cup champs- Europa League ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    keep this up and we could qualify for the Europa league for 2019/20 season or even the champions league if we go on to win it but still very early days yet

is euro qualification 1st- Champions league and 2nd/3rd plus FAI cup champs- Europa League ??

Yes unless the cup winners come from the top 3 then it becomes the top 4 qualify. Well that's what it was before this year......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Still feel the squad depth, lack there of, will cost us cone the end of the season but what a way to start the campaign!

Big tests now with bohs and rovers next couple of games.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Still feel the squad depth, lack there of, will cost us cone the end of the season but what a way to start the campaign!

Big tests now with bohs and rovers next couple of games.

And away games in Dundalk and bray in between.

1-0 win at home vs Bohs tonight

didn't go myself but heard it was a very good crowd at it

next games are Dundalk Away (16th Mar), Bray away (19th Mar) and then Rovers at home on the 23rd Mar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

A really great start to the season ....... long may it last!
    :D

We were extremely lucky to get 3 points.dundalk next on Friday will be a fair bit stronger than bohs, do very well to get anything in oriel park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

A very fast turnaround from away to Sligo Friday night. Carrying a few injuries, and, apparently a few more were ill over the weekend.
    We played better in the second half, fought hard for the win.
    Great crowd for a Monday night.
    I think anything this Friday will be a bonus, and we should be really aiming for a win at Bray next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Heartbreaking defeat last night. Rennie sounded very upbeat after the match though. Proud of the players and rightly so. Bray is a very winnable game on Monday even with a few lads injured, onwards and upwards!

Rovers match on Friday night is live on RTE 2 from 19.40pm after the Turkey vs Ireland friendly

good too see us back on the TV and the RSC getting a live game

Game is just about sold out I hear.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

great to have it on RTE2 in HD

Advertisement