Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

2-1 victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great crowd, Didn't actually hear attendance, anyone hear? great numbers from rovers too, just the one moron had to be thrown out...predictably he was making all sorts of hand signs at crowd on his way out,let's just say he won't be joining mensa anytime soon.
    I thought we werent great, didn't capitalise/dominate with extra man, great to get 3 points though.really need to start playing more like we have showed we can previously.they are a good team.still though,a win is a win ....in horrible weather too

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Max Powers wrote:
    Great crowd, Didn't actually hear attendance, anyone hear? great numbers from rovers too, just the one moron had to be thrown out...predictably he was making all sorts of hand signs at crowd on his way out,let's just say he won't be joining mensa anytime soon. I thought we werent great, didn't capitalise/dominate with extra man, great to get 3 points though.really need to start playing more like we have showed we can previously.they are a good team.still though,a win is a win ....in horrible weather too

3010 attendance . There was more than one thrown out and at least one was one of our own morons

• Registered Users Posts: 38,272 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very happy with the win

was at Christy Moore in the TR so didny see it but will be watching it as soon as I can

it's still early but imagine European football returning to Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Max Powers wrote: »
    Great crowd, Didn't actually hear attendance, anyone hear? great numbers from rovers too, just the one moron had to be thrown out...predictably he was making all sorts of hand signs at crowd on his way out,let's just say he won't be joining mensa anytime soon.
    I thought we werent great, didn't capitalise/dominate with extra man, great to get 3 points though.really need to start playing more like we have showed we can previously.they are a good team.still though,a win is a win ....in horrible weather too

I thought a couple of players did not do well ...... actually seemed to be rather lazy .... Akinade being one who stood out.

The win is great to have, but Waterford were rather lucky in that Rovers were down a man and a couple of their important players went off injured.

Hopefully they will learn from this 'escape'. :)

• Advertisement

I thought a couple of players did not do well ...... actually seemed to be rather lazy .... Akinade being one who stood out.

The win is great to have, but Waterford were rather lucky in that Rovers were down a man and a couple of their important players went off injured.

Hopefully they will learn from this 'escape'. :)

Agree bit lucky but I think in akinade's defence,I think he was still injured, by the looks of him anyway, looked like a fella that couldn't run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Agree bit lucky but I think in akinade's defence,I think he was still injured, by the looks of him anyway, looked like a fella that couldn't run.

Maybe. That might explain it.

But if he was on the bench I would at least expect him to be able to contribute, which honestly he didn't.

He was not alone in his apparent disinterest in expending much energy off the ball. ;)

I just saw that Larry Vigouroux is the Blues keeper of the nets. He used to play for Liverpool at Academy level, went on loan to Swindon Town where they had three Liverpool loanees at one point. He got into some discipline bother and was fined 50 quid. He paid it in 1 pence pieces! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

That was my first league of Ireland game since Kilkenny were in the league. Very impressed by Hery and aborah. The atmosphere was top class down there aswel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

https://www.balls.ie/football/waterford-shamrock-rovers-385756

A link for those who didn't make it to the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I just saw that Larry Vigouroux is the Blues keeper of the nets. He used to play for Liverpool at Academy level, went on loan to Swindon Town where they had three Liverpool loanees at one point. He got into some discipline bother and was fined 50 quid. He paid it in 1 pence pieces! :D

Very good keeper. Unfortunately I can see him being back at Swindon in June/July when their pre-season starts. He had a falling out with the Swindon manager and was dropped but that manager has since been sacked. Vigouroux is a big fan favourite there claiming numerous MOTM awards and POTY last year.

Indeed as a Red I kept my eye on him there, Liverpool have a habit of letting potentially good keepers good too soon. Maybe Waterford can get Danny Ward for the second half of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Indeed as a Red I kept my eye on him there, Liverpool have a habit of letting potentially good keepers good too soon. Maybe Waterford can get Danny Ward for the second half of the season!

We have 3 great keepers at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

That was my first league of Ireland game since Kilkenny were in the league. Very impressed by Hery and aborah. The atmosphere was top class down there aswel.

great to have you back in the RSC. come along again and bring a few mates with you. more bums on seats the better.

atmosphere was great on Friday night! Friday night football has put a real atmosphere back in town. Great to see kids wearing the jersey and the age profile of fans been so young.

probably going to loose vigs and duffes at the end of June but rumours are rife that John O'Shea is going to see out this season with Sunderland and return home end of June. i wouldn't be surprised as a guy of his calibre and age would have no appetite for League 1 football when Sunderland are relegated and instead return home and battle it out to secure a European spot!

Up the blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Good game last night. 480 at it on a miserable night. A joy to watch heri again. Tickets on sale online tomorrow for cork at home in the league. What was on the rovers banner on Friday night? couldn’t see it myself from where I was sitting.

What was on the rovers banner on Friday night? couldn’t see it myself from where I was sitting.

Rapist Supporters Club

Lovely..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Edz87 wrote: »
    Rapist Supporters Club

Lovely..

Well it's technically true...If my club had signed him I'd no longer be going to games or giving the club any of my hard earned money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Well it's technically true...If my club had signed him I'd no longer be going to games or giving the club any of my hard earned money.

Not getting into this again as its been done to death. But no technically it's not. You don't know the facts. Don't even bother linking to a false article as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Not getting into this again as its been done to death. But no technically it's not. You don't know the facts. Don't even bother linking to a false article as well.
    Izzy is that you. It's most certainly true..Some his conviction was fake news... Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I think the best thing is to ignore and move on, before this thread gets dragged down a path no-one wants to go...

So, Limerick away Friday night - think this is a game the Blues have a real good opportunity in, I reckon. Hoping to travel over if I can get away early enough on Friday evening. I haven't been to a game in Limerick in years.

Three points here would really set things up for another Munster derby next Friday night.

• Advertisement

Gardner wrote: »
    great to have you back in the RSC. come along again and bring a few mates with you. more bums on seats the better.

atmosphere was great on Friday night! Friday night football has put a real atmosphere back in town. Great to see kids wearing the jersey and the age profile of fans been so young.

probably going to loose vigs and duffes at the end of June but rumours are rife that John O'Shea is going to see out this season with Sunderland and return home end of June. i wouldn't be surprised as a guy of his calibre and age would have no appetite for League 1 football when Sunderland are relegated and instead return home and battle it out to secure a European spot!

Up the blues!

I think that john o shea / daryl Murphy playing for blues April fool's will be rolled out again.

I think that john o shea / daryl Murphy playing for blues April fool's will be rolled out again.

no i don't think so been honest. there has been several discussions about it on the blues supporters page on Facebook (not a member but lurker) and there seems to be a bit of substance to the JOS talks. his family have moved back to Waterford on a permanent basis and i believe its similar circumstances very soon for DM as there is a hell of a lot of work going on at present at his house. if i was DM id spend another season at Palace and rake it in while he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Seems plausible to me. It is not unusual for players to spend the final year or two of their playing years at their home club, regardless of the size of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Edz87 wrote: »
    Rapist Supporters Club

Lovely..

Supporting that scumbag is worse than a banner, when there were no bandwagon there 2 or 3 years ago, around 30-40% of the crowd were kids 13-16 years old, what is that guy signed for? I haven't been this season and probably won't be for a long time, certainly not while rapist is in the squad. Don't need him, shouldn't have signed him

Supporting that scumbag is worse than a banner, when there were no bandwagon there 2 or 3 years ago, around 30-40% of the crowd were kids 13-16 years old, what is that guy signed for? I haven't been this season and probably won't be for a long time, certainly not while rapist is in the squad. Don't need him, shouldn't have signed him

and obviously we don't need an uneducated ****wit like you either. enjoy your time away

and obviously we don't need an uneducated ****wit like you either. enjoy your time away

Waste of time trying to put a point across, I didn't miss a game for years, just not going this year because of that, stick ur personal abuse up her hole, enjoy supporting that dirt

Waste of time trying to put a point across, I didn't miss a game for years, just not going this year because of that, stick ur personal abuse up her hole, enjoy supporting that dirt

you don't have a point because you didn't educate yourself on the matter of Izzy.

calling him a scumbag in relation to the rape claim is ill-thought and misinformed.

again educate yourself on the matter, get informed and apologize for your ridiculous statement and buy yourself a ticket for the RSC vs Cork City

you don't have a point because you didn't educate yourself on the matter of Izzy.

calling him a scumbag in relation to the rape claim is ill-thought and misinformed.

again educate yourself on the matter, get informed and apologize for your ridiculous statement and buy yourself a ticket for the RSC vs Cork City

Quick turnaround with only a 10 team league, playing Cork twice at home this week. Why would I want to buy a ticket? I'm not used to success, Roddy Collins had the club moving down the way, blamed the players for every loss, sacked after an 8-1 home Defeat by UCD, and funny enough the 8th goal in that game was the last one they conceded that season, closed out with a couple of clean sheets. Have not been to a game since late last season, sure I won't be missed too much. Following the results OK just not going, probably start losing if I head down, bit of a bat

Quick turnaround with only a 10 team league, playing Cork twice at home this week. Why would I want to buy a ticket? I'm not used to success, Roddy Collins had the club moving down the way, blamed the players for every loss, sacked after an 8-1 home Defeat by UCD, and funny enough the 8th goal in that game was the last one they conceded that season, closed out with a couple of clean sheets. Have not been to a game since late last season, sure I won't be missed too much. Following the results OK just not going, probably start losing if I head down, bit of a bat

Good, stay away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Why don't people just address Izzy's situation? People seem to have the wrong story but nobody is correcting it with the right one.

Advertisement