Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Simple solution. Everyone sits in the seat they're allocated. If people aren't capable of that then they're absolute morons to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

I didn't agree with the change to assigned seating so didn't get a season ticket as preferred to have the freedom to sit in any free seat depending on who was with me, weather and so on. That's the way it is in most grounds in Ireland. I suppose fans will just have to get used to it but might be some teething problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

the seating arrangement is no big deal. pick your seat with a season ticket and bobs your uncle. buy a ticket for a single match and go to your assigned seat. it isn't **** rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Exactly. You're assigned a seat either way and let's face it. The season ticket holders got the best seats so makes no sense what he said .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So, were there any issues re, the seating allocation, last night?

• Advertisement

I didn't see any big issues on the night. No mention on social media of anything either.

the players still on this list still need to be replaced and some of the replacements brought in this season aren't much better going by Friday nights performance. was awful to watch. Searle is in way over his head here. not upto it whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Fairly poor show Friday without doubt. The Longford lads wanted it more and were good value for their point. Don't get the Wassim thing...he's below average most nights from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Our seats were taken in the new stand, said it to the lads but they said just sit anywhere. Loads came in and just had to find seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Fellas behind me were in the wrong seats and refused to move when asked by lads with the season tickets so they got a steward who moved the other fellas on. I didn't hear of any other issues though.

Poor performance Friday night and feels like an important game Friday v Galway, we really don't want to be 5 points behind them, crucial we get back on track, huge improvement required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

That was pathetic last night. No gameplan, players disinterested, manager clueless.

The powers that be need to act quickly and relieve Searle of his duties, he's just not up to it.

The attendances will begin to plummet if something is not done asap.

Poor last night but I think it's too early in season calling for manager to be sacked. How many managers have we been through in recent years? New players might need some time to settle in. Some fans are already writing off the Fleetwood players that came on loan after 2 games.

That's true on one hand but on the other the warning signs were there last year. Searle doesn't know what to do when we are losing. No change in tactics or formation, no urgency etc. Galway were so comfortable last night, much the same as Shels and UCD were in the big games last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Piss Poor performance last night.. Big improvement needed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This is fair, it's been my biggest issue with Danny. He isn't very effective from the sideline in game, I still remember one of the games at Ferrycarrig last year when we were crying out for fresh legs in midfield, 2 up and Wexford coming on strong and he waited until it went 2-2 to make a sub, far too late.

I'm giving him time, as I am some of the new lads, Philips looks a good buy addition, conn Clarke not so much.

It's been 3 games though, not panic stations yet but a massive change in performance level is required, we are getting outfought which is unforgivable

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

bump again. calling it for months that Searle is way in over his head and the players that we have kept from last year are not upto it. simple as that.

3 games in 😂...PANIC!!!!!

Searles is still trying to find a settled side with all the new signings. I hope he's given more time as he done a really good job last season, turned the club around. The shouts for his head are embarrassing at the moment.

I'm hoping and expecting a turnaround in performances given what happened in the dressing room after the game, if not he will be in trouble. Some of the new signings have been underwhelming so far. Still it's only 3 games in, after about 10 you really know what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Was there Friday night, sat just across form the Pilley's and their entourage Jon Walters etc., for some reason they appeared to be in a bit of mood, faces like thunder for most of the game.

I could be wrong but there appears to be a bit of a disengage between them and the fans, remember the video updates from Andy Pilley and the regular posts from his young lad to the Waterford Group on Facebook. Hasn't been one in a while from either. I liked those updates, but maybe they feel they can let the Waterford lads do them now.

It's not just the opening 3 games I'm judging Danny on, it was evident last season too in some of the big games that he is lacking tactically.

Don't forget he came in when Gary Hunt and David Breen had taken the team on a 7 game win streak so he can't be given full credit for turning the season around really. The two lads done an amazing job in a very unstable environment.

That's a fair shout about Breen and Hunt, had forgotten about their run tbf.

Searles came in and done a good job following that, a cup semi final and a playoff defeat is pretty good going in a few months, the side was left down badly from a lack of depth in the end. He certainly deserves a bit more time though, everyone just needs to take a deep breath and see how the next few games play out.

• Advertisement

2 points dropped yesterday so further behind Galway now. A mad game that we could have snatched at the end when Griffin hit the post. Need to win the next few games to get back on track.

2 points dropped yesterday so further behind Galway now. A mad game that we could have snatched at the end when Griffin hit the post. Need to win the next few games to get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Piss poor again.. No system of play, one up front against Bray at home.. No plan B when we went a man down.. Lot of the players only there for the wages.. Big turnaround needed soon

Surely the chairman is looking at this and actively seeking a new manager. This guy is Mike Kerley on steroids

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

You'd think so, but the squad is not strong enough and that's not Searle's fault

Also, remember Pilley junior posting straight after the play off that their priority this season was promotion and that they would build a squad to reflect that, that hasn't happened, there was a few panic signings brought in late on to fill gaps, who have yet to shine.

Two weeks before the season kicked off, we had 16 players in the squad, and then that trip to Dubai, that to me, has served no purpose.

The Galway team team looked head and shoulders above us in terms of fitness and playing to a plan.

We looked clueless.

Sadly we're a shadow of last season's team and even they were't good enough to get promoted, take Patterson and Junior out also this season, and it shows how weak we are now.

Early days but I don't see this squad going anywhere.

The attendance on Saturday was also way down, but given the weekend that was, you can't judge on that, next home game will tell a lot.

Another thing I have a question about is where all the money has gone that was generated in the cup run, play-offs and the big increase in attendances since the Pilley's took over, plus the record season ticket sales etc,?

They're doing a lot of rebuilding off filed, but if the on field is not good enough, they're wasting their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ozier Park kick off 19.45

Some 'neutral' ground for us tonight in the Munster Cup semi final against Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Junior

Right call but why wait until now especially seems as there was no game this weekend?

Vinny Perth should be top of their list to approach. Tons of experience at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Lot of the players should be looking in the mirror today. They've been brutal bar a few exceptions.

Advertisement