Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Deiseen wrote: »
    Why don't people just address Izzy's situation? People seem to have the wrong story but nobody is correcting it with the right one.

No one can currently as it’s the subject of a court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

J 2311 DN AKINADE -V- INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS [IRELAND] LTD T/A THE
    J 2312 DN AKINADE -V- LANDMARK DIGITAL LIMITED T/A BREAKINGNEWS.IE
    J 2313 DN AKINADE -V- IRISH EXAMINER LTD T/A THE IRISH EXAMINER
    J 2314 DN AKINADE -V- NATIONALIST AND LEINSTER TIMES LIMITED T/A THE
    J 2315 DN AKINADE -V- SUNDAY NEWSPAPERS LIMITED T/A THE SUNDAY WORLD

HIGH COURT CIVIL JURY CASES WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY 22nd MARCH 2018 BEFORE MR JUSTICE BARTON AT 10.30 O'CLOCK

HIGH COURT CIVIL JURY CASES WILL BE HEARD FOR TWO WEEKS COMMENCING ON TUESDAY 24th APRIL 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Seriously, is there a mod on this forum that can do something about this, or are we going to keep having the same conversation every month or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Why don't people just address Izzy's situation? People seem to have the wrong story but nobody is correcting it with the right one.

What’s the right one? Pop me a pm if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I'll take a PM with the correct version too. Because I've obviously been reading all the wrong newspapers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Gardner wrote: »
    J 2311 DN AKINADE -V- INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS [IRELAND] LTD T/A THE
    J 2312 DN AKINADE -V- LANDMARK DIGITAL LIMITED T/A BREAKINGNEWS.IE
    J 2313 DN AKINADE -V- IRISH EXAMINER LTD T/A THE IRISH EXAMINER
    J 2314 DN AKINADE -V- NATIONALIST AND LEINSTER TIMES LIMITED T/A THE
    J 2315 DN AKINADE -V- SUNDAY NEWSPAPERS LIMITED T/A THE SUNDAY WORLD

HIGH COURT CIVIL JURY CASES WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY 22nd MARCH 2018 BEFORE MR JUSTICE BARTON AT 10.30 O'CLOCK

HIGH COURT CIVIL JURY CASES WILL BE HEARD FOR TWO WEEKS COMMENCING ON TUESDAY 24th APRIL 2018

Where did you pull that from. Which site?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

noby wrote: »
    Seriously, is there a mod on this forum that can do something about this, or are we going to keep having the same conversation every month or so?

First off, if you have a problem with a post, then use the report button. What is you issue now?
    The previous poster posted up a link to a civil case, a person is taking a case against a number of newspapers for allegedly breaching court injunctions, I personally don't see anything wrong with the post. Maybe I am missing something here?

The fact that he was ****e when he came on against Rovers last friday night is it ;)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The fact that he was ****e when he came on against Rovers last friday night is it ;)

Much better against UCC on Monday night, cracking header!

Much better against UCC on Monday night, cracking header!

So I believe, bit bit of a difference in opposition on Monday night, he has been disappointing so far for the blues this season, but still early days for him so I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet.

• Advertisement

So I believe, bit bit of a difference in opposition on Monday night, he has been disappointing so far for the blues this season, but still early days for him so I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet.

Ah yeah. The opposition was like night and day but he looked a bit sharper and much quicker. Perhaps he’ll start the cup game against cork.

First off, if you have a problem with a post, then use the report button. What is you issue now?
    The previous poster posted up a link to a civil case, a person is taking a case against a number of newspapers for allegedly breaching court injunctions, I personally don't see anything wrong with the post. Maybe I am missing something here?

Not a particular post, just the topic has been extensively covered already in this thread, so it'll get quite boring if every time he plays someone pops in to the thread and brings it all back up again.

Edit to say obviously if there is new news, as per that link fair enough, but the page before that was back to the same old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If anyone wants to pm me a different version of the Izzy events then feel free. From reading the court reports it seemed pretty cut and dried?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Another great result last night for the blues, this time away to Limerick. 2-0 with goals from Duffus and a Keegan penalty. I’d say about 200 fans travelled which is great to see.

Blues were lucky to get to half time 1 up as Limerick were the much better team and it took two brilliant saves from Vigs to keep them out. Second half was completely different with Waterford way on top and on the end thoroughly deserved the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Match called off against cork today. Next game is Friday against cork in the league. Should be a sell out so get your tickets early.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,272 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2-1 win tonight over Cork City at home

Massive result and things are looking quite good at this stage but still early in the season

Euro qualification for summer 2019 (19/20 Euro cup seasons) is very achievable at this current time but again still early in the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No mention of six red cards?! Presumably both teams will be up before the beak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

6 red cards thought it was 3. Great result anywho. Some start to season

debok wrote: »
    6 red cards thought it was 3. Great result anywho. Some start to season

3 for each team. Both managers, a player from both on pitch and a player from both off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great result, shame about the red cards and inevitable suspensions for two of our best performing players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Suspensions announced resulting from end of game incident on Friday night... not good news... Hery got a 6 game ban, Aborah 3 games and Rennie got a warning.

Cork players Buckley banned for 3 games and Beattie for 5, with Caulfield given a warning.

How Caulfield got away without a touchline ban is a joke, Aborah probably lucky only to get 3 games as he seemed to really lose the head. Both players will be big losses for the next while, losing Hery for 6 games is a massive blow. Hopefully other lads step up in their absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Suspensions announced resulting from end of game incident on Friday night... not good news... Hery got a 6 game ban, Aborah 3 games and Rennie got a warning.

Cork players Buckley banned for 3 games and Beattie for 5, with Caulfield given a warning.

How Caulfield got away without a touchline ban is a joke, Aborah probably lucky only to get 3 games as he seemed to really lose the head. Both players will be big losses for the next while, losing Hery for 6 games is a massive blow. Hopefully other lads step up in their absence.

Meeting's not until tomorrow, where did you hear that?

jimbojazz wrote: »

Popped up on Facebook a while ago, but no official source, so I reckon it's bull.

I heard it was tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The hearing isn't until tomorrow but FAI guidelines state that any person in a brawl can expect up to six games, while its 3 for violent conduct etc. This would mean Héry can expect anything up to six while Aborah will probably get 3 as he wasn't sent off for his part in the brawl but for what he did after it. Rennie will probably get a warning as he was more a peacemaker. But we can only wait and see.

The hearing isn't until tomorrow but FAI guidelines state that any person in a brawl can expect up to six games, while its 3 for violent conduct etc. This would mean Héry can expect anything up to six while Aborah will probably get 3 as he wasn't sent off for his part in the brawl but for what he did after it. Rennie will probably get a warning as he was more a peacemaker. But we can only wait and see.

Yeah, but this is the FAI, so all bets are off!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

jimbojazz wrote: »

Apologies, saw it on facebook, must have been a few lads gowlin, i see the now the hearing is tomorrow.

Anyway, fingers crossed Hery doesnt get the 6 game ban, Blues best player so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Apologies, saw it on facebook, must have been a few lads gowlin, i see the now the hearing is tomorrow.

Anyway, fingers crossed Hery doesnt get the 6 game ban, Blues best player so far this season

He's been great, I'd have aborah as our best this season possibly...pity he's up for suspension too

....best midfielder maybe, they've been quality all over...hard to credit a player the quality of Derek Daly not on the pitch all the time...looks like he'll be getting good few minutes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Hery and Aborah have left their manager down badly. Fantastic players but they both lost the plot last Friday night. There's clever ways of running the clock down and time wasting; what Hery did doesn't fall into that category and we're going to pay a price over the coming weeks.
    Caulfield totally out of line and deserves heavy sanction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement