Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

What exactly did Aborah do to deserve 6 games????

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

What exactly did Aborah do to deserve 6 games????

He was so wound up from the minute the game started that myself and another attendee both said we could see a red for him in this game. That said, he got through the game okay without looking like he'd be sent off.
    After the melee though he was acting the maggot going head to head with the Cork player, Buckley I think, before going down the tunnel. Nothing warranting 6 games there imo. But when he was given the red he got fairly up in the refs face so I could see something like normal ban for the red and extra for the contact/probable choice words on the referee after. That's assuming there wasn't any afters down the tunnel that we didn't see.
    I have to say though I cannot see anything worthy of a SIX game ban..... even taking my bias into account.

Hery four games, disappointing but fair enough on reflection, although JC has incited that by coming onto the field of play, he's out of order there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

word coming out is 3 games for Buckley 4 for Beattie and 1 for Caulfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Anyone going to St Pats game on Monday away? Interested to know whether there is away tickets, or is it ok to just buy the normal ticket on their site, or at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

iseegirls wrote: »
    Anyone going to St Pats game on Monday away? Interested to know whether there is away tickets, or is it ok to just buy the normal ticket on their site, or at the gate.

St Pats is always pay on the gate. They never sell out their ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Any you come to the Brandywell last night?
    (I know its a long trek)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

NIMAN wrote: »
    Any you come to the Brandywell last night?
    (I know its a long trek)

Yup, I was there.

Anyone who was there tell us, story with two more sent off last night.yellows, straight reds, separate incidents??

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    Anyone who was there tell us, story with two more sent off last night.yellows, straight reds, separate incidents??

I wasn’t there but heard that Puri was sent off for a second yellow card. Think he either gave away the penalty or argued with the ref for giving it and then got a second yellow for diving in the second half. Holohan was a straight red for a bad tackle.

Do the league suspensions carry over to the cup games??

cococoady wrote: »
    I wasn’t there but heard that Puri was sent off for a second yellow card. Think he either gave away the penalty or argued with the ref for giving it and then got a second yellow for diving in the second half. Holohan was a straight red for a bad tackle.

Thanks coco, more suspensions.holohan has been good. Sander in fairness hasn't played much.what was a bad situation, now worse. Hopefully back to winning ways at home on Friday,bray will be positive, after big win for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was there last night. An amazing Waterford support for a Monday night match, and luckily it wasn't as wet as what we expected. Started well, but once St Pats scored their goal we rarely threatened until the last few minutes of the first half. Lucky their penalty went wide as well.

The first red card, which looked like a silly dive, killed the game really. And then the 2nd one for a high two footed challenge essentially made it game over. But it was interesting to see that we seemed to have kept the possession more with 10 and even 9 men than we did when we had all players on the pitch. But rarely threatened the goal, with Pats happy to defend their lead.

Not many standout performances by us, but to keep it at 1nil for long periods of the second half with players sent off is commendable for the players left on the pitch. Our keeper looks very assured. Unsure who was at fault for the goal, as we were sitting at opposite end. Keegan played well in midfield but was obviously missing many suspended players around him. Duffus tried hard, but was let down by Izzy's passing and knockons at times.

Two hopefully winnable home games coming up next, with Bray and Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

iseegirls wrote: »
    Was there last night. An amazing Waterford support for a Monday night match, and luckily it wasn't as wet as what we expected. Started well, but once St Pats scored their goal we rarely threatened until the last few minutes of the first half. Lucky their penalty went wide as well.

The first red card, which looked like a silly dive, killed the game really. And then the 2nd one for a high two footed challenge essentially made it game over. But it was interesting to see that we seemed to have kept the possession more with 10 and even 9 men than we did when we had all players on the pitch. But rarely threatened the goal, with Pats happy to defend their lead.

Not many standout performances by us, but to keep it at 1nil for long periods of the second half with players sent off is commendable for the players left on the pitch. Our keeper looks very assured. Unsure who was at fault for the goal, as we were sitting at opposite end. Keegan played well in midfield but was obviously missing many suspended players around him. Duffus tried hard, but was let down by Izzy's passing and knockons at times.

Two hopefully winnable home games coming up next, with Bray and Sligo

Izzy just not doing the business is he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

There appears to be a problem with discilpine, I know Reynolds was fond of a yellow when he played but it's not good management when they can't keep their heads together on the pitch. It has to stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

John Caulfield spotted giving the ref an envelope before kickoff.

Boooourns wrote: »
    There appears to be a problem with discilpine, I know Reynolds was fond of a yellow when he played but it's not good management when they can't keep their heads together on the pitch. It has to stop now.

Don't think we had a red last season.

Don't think we had a red last season.

Very disciplined last year alright iirc. The squad is not deep enough to sustain these suspensions, especially when they rack up in one particular area I.e midfield as were séeing now. They'll probably learn the lesson the hard way alright but some of the players are playing their best stuff on the edge.... Eg aborah.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Very disciplined last year alright iirc. The squad is not deep enough to sustain these suspensions, especially when they rack up in one particular area I.e midfield as were séeing now. They'll probably learn the lesson the hard way alright but some of the players are playing their best stuff on the edge.... Eg aborah.

Yeah that’s 4 midfielders out now for Friday. Even against the worst team in the league, that’s not good and it could be a long night. We will struggle to create chances. Bray are playing well now too since they sacked Dave Mackey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Yeah that’s 4 midfielders out now for Friday. Even against the worst team in the league, that’s not good and it could be a long night. We will struggle to create chances. Bray are playing well now too since they sacked Dave Mackey.

Spot on. Hopefully if Browne is back, then Comerford could push up to midfield alongside Keegan. That would give us a solid foundation. Bring Daly in on the wing, and play two up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Aborah’s ban reduced to 4 games and Hery’s to 3 games which means they’ll both be back for the Sligo game next week (EA Cup game on 23rd). Although still missing for tomorrow hopefully the news will give the squad a bit of a lift. Since the Cork win, there’s been nothing but negativity with the dismissals, bans and defeats.

Aborah’s ban reduced to 4 games and Hery’s to 3 games which means they’ll both be back for the Sligo game next week (EA Cup game on 23rd). Although still missing for tomorrow hopefully the news will give the squad a bit of a lift. Since the Cork win, there’s been nothing but negativity with the dismissals, bans and defeats.

Do they not have to beat Cork before they can play Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Do they not have to beat Cork before they can play Sligo?

Sligo is the league.

noby wrote: »
    Sligo is the league.

I know they’re playing them in the league next Friday but the post made out they’re playing them in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I know they’re playing them in the league next Friday but the post made out they’re playing them in the cup.

He’s saying they’ll both be back for the Sligo game even though Aborah’s ban is longer because of the League Cup game on the 23rd.

You misread it.

He’s saying they’ll both be back for the Sligo game even though Aborah’s ban is longer because of the League Cup game on the 23rd.

You misread it.

Get ya now. It was the fact the winner of Monday’s game plays Sligo in the next round made me think he forgot we had to get past Cork first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Get ya now. It was the fact the winner of Monday’s game plays Sligo in the next round made me think he forgot we had to get past Cork first

Easy mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

3-0 win tonight

Good to get back to winning ways

Legaue cup vs Cork Monday night and then Sligo at home (27th Apr) and Bohs away (30th Apr) in and league

• Advertisement

Beat cork in the league cup last game. 1-1 after extra time with the blues winning out on penalties. Nice to knock cork and Caulfield out. Nice touch from Reynolds making Héry the captain on his return against cork ha. Next up for the blues is a home game to Sligo on Friday night in the RSC with a 7.45 KO. Funnily enough we also play Sligo in the 1/4 finals of the league cup but we will be away for that tie. Aborah will also be back on Friday.

Advertisement