Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Kenny Browne started and went off injured after a few minutes. Strange to start him in a match like this considering his recent injuries. He can’t catch a break this season.

baffled by the decision also. pointless starting him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Gardner wrote: »
    baffled by the decision also. pointless starting him last night.

Are they stuck centre half wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Max Powers wrote: »
    Are they stuck centre half wise?

Webster was suspended.

I'm with iseegirls on this one - he needed some game time. Unfortunate that he picked up another injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Very early in the season, still this game against rovers is a huge one as you'd feel that if rovers got their s**t together they'd be one of the challengers for the euro spots. My hope is that waterford can sustain the challenge in the title race but my expectation is that they do enough to grab third or fourth. This would still be A huge accomplishment in the first year back in the Premier. A win in tallaght would be a psychological blow to the opposition and a huge momentum builder for the blues. Mon the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Very early in the season, still this game against rovers is a huge one as you'd feel that if rovers got their s**t together they'd be one of the challengers for the euro spots. My hope is that waterford can sustain the challenge in the title race but my expectation is that they do enough to grab third or fourth. This would still be A huge accomplishment in the first year back in the Premier. A win in tallaght would be a psychological blow to the opposition and a huge momentum builder for the blues. Mon the blues.

What happens regards europe if someone who finishes 2nd/3rd In the league wins the FAI cup ??

Does 4th place in the league get the euro spot or the cup runner up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What happens regards europe if someone who finishes 2nd/3rd In the league wins the FAI cup ??

Does 4th place in the league get the euro spot or the cup runner up ?

4th in the league.

Drogheda were beaten finalists in 2013 but as Sligo already qualified , Derry in 4th qualified.

2012 was the last year when the 4th team didnt qualify , Derry won the cup but were 5th in the league. So 4th didn’t qualify that year (Shams :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Heading with a few mates to the game on Friday, any recommendations on the best place to park? Was thinking SuperValu, but don't know how viable it is on a match day

And can you enter by the side entrance just beside SuperValu, or is it front entrance only (Not for parking, obviously)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Virtanen wrote: »
    Heading with a few mates to the game on Friday, any recommendations on the best place to park? Was thinking SuperValu, but don't know how viable it is on a match day

And can you enter by the side entrance just beside SuperValu, or is it front entrance only (Not for parking, obviously)?

Supervalu over flow car park if you arrive early and you enter through the Cork road entrance only.

2-2 tonight away to Bray. Bray getting the heartbreaking equalizer in the 91st min

Only good thing was Derry city were beaten 4-1 at home by Dundalk and even with a game in hand they are 6 points behind us in 4th place

Limerick at home on Friday after that it's an awya trip to Dundalk on the 21st and then a big match at home to Derry on the 25th May

disaster again last night. poor goal to give away at the end. poor error from Webster but i thought when vigs closed the angle off from the striker there was no need to go to ground and pull him down. both very poor errors.
    dropping stupid points away from home will cost us later in the season. i really don't buy this **** talk about 'oh we we didn't think we would be here at the start of the season' crap, well do you know what we ****ing are so lets push on! the game against Limerick on Friday night is huge in terms of getting over the line and stopping the rot of the last 2 games.

very surprised Rennie hasn't looked at the free transfer market over the past few weeks with the injury crisis at the back. i dunno whether Power hasn't offered the funds or Rennie is been stubborn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Will be worrying when Duffus goes back to his club when the loan ends in June. Wonder is there any hope that it could be extended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

iseegirls wrote: »
    Will be worrying when Duffus goes back to his club when the loan ends in June. Wonder is there any hope that it could be extended?

Oldham were relegated, so who knows what effect that will have. I doubt Waterford will cover his full wages anyway.

I have heard that there are two strikers and a defender incoming. No idea who though. Murphy, Hunt and O'Shea probably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Gardner wrote: »
    disaster again last night. poor goal to give away at the end. poor error from Webster but i thought when vigs closed the angle off from the striker there was no need to go to ground and pull him down. both very poor errors.
    dropping stupid points away from home will cost us later in the season. i really don't buy this **** talk about 'oh we we didn't think we would be here at the start of the season' crap, well do you know what we ****ing are so lets push on! the game against Limerick on Friday night is huge in terms of getting over the line and stopping the rot of the last 2 games.

very surprised Rennie hasn't looked at the free transfer market over the past few weeks with the injury crisis at the back. i dunno whether Power hasn't offered the funds or Rennie is been stubborn.

Yeah have to agree that Vig’s mistake was just as bad as Websters. He had the shooting angle covered off and the only option for the Bray lad was to try win a peno. Inexperience maybe - he’s still only 23 after all. Two points dropped but hopefully we can put it right in Friday.

If we can stay in touch with Cork & Dundalk up until their European schedule kicks in, we’ll have a right chance of being there or there abouts in the run in.

An amazing 6-3 loss at home too Limerick tonight and once again down to 10 men

Things not getting an easier away trip to Dundalk on the 21st and then home to Derry City next Friday night. St pats have brought the game between 3rd/4th too 3 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Well...

What a game to pick for our first LOI match

Was certainly anything but boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Jesus, we might actually win a game if we don't get a man sent off! Surely something needs to be done about discipline?? Although I did hear the ref was awful....

Hard to know where to start, looked bad from kick off, defence looked like brazil when Germany beat them 7-1 in last world cup...i.e.they looked clueless.They are not bad overnight.fairness limerick took all they're chances well. Aborah on some sort of self destruct mission, could see wasn't going well for him,I said to myself 'keep the head Stanley'.nobody expected a tackle which could have had the gards called, He's been decent player this season but I was asking myself is he worth having around with discipline liked that, no is my answer.I hope this mid season drop in form recovers quickly.
    Akinade and duffus and right back put in a really good shift, too much faffing about I'd say from some and maybe some complacency like all we had to do is turn up to beat them since we won up there earlier, hard to know if that is really case from outside..all in all I was gutted they lost, our home record gone and our challenge near the top fading.better display against dundalk is a must.come on blues...you're better than that.

Right from the start the back 4 and keeper looked shaky. They need Keegan in front of them for that extra bit of protection. I don’t know if he was being rested or if Rennie was trying something different in leaving him out.

It’s very noticeable that Vigouroux doesn’t like leaving his line. From where I was sitting I felt he could have come and punched the corner for Limerick’s first.

Poor Webster’s confidence must be on the ground after the mistake at Bray and a few errors last night. He’s better than that as he’s shown all season.

As talented and all as he is, Aborah is a headcase. He doesn’t seem the type of fella that would react well to a talking too either.

Ref was poor and I thought there was a definite foul on Barnett before Limericks 5th goal just as it looked like we might be able to sneak a point. In saying that - you can’t defend that poorly, concede 6 and blame the ref.

This is when the season starts getting tough and I worry about our lack of depth especially when we’ve nobody really to bring on to offer anything different in a game like last night. Kind of ironic that Mark O’Sullivan came off the bench for Limerick and grabbed a goal.

All very negative I know but it’s hard not to be after last night. Holohan, Feely, Duffus all put in decent shifts to be fair to them.

Draw tonight would be good but a win would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

1 down at half time. Benson with a lovely finish.

• Advertisement

Much better performance and maybe unlucky not to snatch a point based on the 2nd half. Puri hit the post and Holohan (I think) was only inches away from reaching a ball across the 6 yard box with an open goal in front of him.

Dundalk second was a breakaway in last minute with Waterford having thrown nearly everyone forward.

Keegan went off injured in first half which is a worry.

Hopefully Pats drop points to Rovers tomorrow and we beat Derry on Friday to open up a bit of a gap again.

and Holohan (I think) was only inches away from reaching a ball across the 6 yard box with an open goal in front of him.

Rory Feely.

Good unlucky performance last night according to reports on radio 1 this morning....shame about result but big turnout Friday, give them a lift for game against Derry is what's called for...get back in the race

Do they ask for ID if u buy a concession ticket ??

Have an old student card

Do they ask for ID if u buy a concession ticket ??

Have an old student card

Don't bother if you're that hard up that you have to scam it, if your genuinely unemployed bring some receipt

Just went for the normal €15 ticket

First game this season and in fact first LOI game I've been to in years. Looking forward to it

I imagine Norrises and Doyle's are the main watering holes before the game for Waterord supporters

First game this season and in fact first LOI game I've been to in years. Looking forward to it

I imagine Norrises and Doyle's are the main watering holes before the game for Waterord supporters

Fair play and hope you'll be back for more! Noris's is where the fans go.

leave your negative **** talk on here to the GAA section and just enjoy the game and experience

Hopefully the game in Ennis on Sunday doesn’t have a negative impact on the attendance tomorrow. Hopefully the “dual supporters” can find a way to get to both. Massive game tomorrow night and one which you’d feel will shape the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Hopefully the game in Ennis on Sunday doesn’t have a negative impact on the attendance tomorrow. Hopefully the “dual supporters” can find a way to get to both. Massive game tomorrow night and one which you’d feel will shape the season.

Enough time to walk from one to the other.

Advertisement