Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Fantastic news tonight with Héry and Akinade signing new deals.

Someone just told me st.mirren put in bid for Hery.....any truth in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Max Powers wrote: »
    Someone just told me st.mirren put in bid for Hery.....any truth in that?

No idea but if he was to leave they'd have to give us a nice chunk of money now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Whats the story with Akinade? Did he not actually do what hes reported to have done or is he just taking an injunction out against the media to stop them from reporting it?

This was brought up before and I'd thought that we didn't know all the facts.
    But its been a while now and no new facts have come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Deiseen wrote: »
    Whats the story with Akinade? Did he not actually do what hes reported to have done or is he just taking an injunction out against the media to stop them from reporting it?

Most in here seemed to choose to forget about it and support him which is appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big game tonight and if we win could move us to 9pts ahead of St Pats and Derry (If they lose to Bohs)

We play Bray away next Fri and then we have the mid season break til the 30th June

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Big game tonight and if we win could move us to 9pts ahead of St Pats and Derry (If they lose to Bohs)

We play Bray away next Fri and then we have the mid season break til the 30th June

Hopefully good result tonight because I'd say galway will be winning everything from now on...ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Seems to be all hush hush not allowed to talk about it,bit of a discussion about it on facebook now

https://www.facebook.com/TheUKdatabase/photos/a.663572190465474.1073741828.663545007134859/1017939681695388/?type=3&theater

Seems to be all hush hush not allowed to talk about it,bit of a discussion about it on facebook now

https://www.facebook.com/TheUKdatabase/photos/a.663572190465474.1073741828.663545007134859/1017939681695388/?type=3&theater

I know its amazing what people are willing to forget cos he knocks in a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yeah, its on facebook so it must be true!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Did i say anything about it been true?

Fantastic win tonight, izzy man of the match and a goal. Lovely response to the pats fans spouting rubbish at him. 6 points ahead of Derry now.

Did you read the court transcript? Or see the list of injunctions he took out to silence the media?

https://theukdatabase.com/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

@ smell the glove pats fans spouting the truth about him you mean?

@ smell the glove pats fans spouting the truth about him you mean?

Nah, I know what I meant pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

i said it before and i will say it again..... there is a huge cloud around Izzy and it isn't going away anytime soon. Presently legal proceedings are happening against several media outlets. Upon completion of this, a statement in conjunction with both parties must be issued outlining the facts. this circus needs to end.

the BSC Facebook page has contributors stating " real fans know the real story" i bet you they don't. People from the Club or the hierarchy of the Supporters Club have told them in person a story they believe is gospel. the only people who know the full story at present is Izzy himself and the legal professionals working on both sides on the ongoing proceedings.

Gardner wrote: »
    i said it before and i will say it again..... there is a huge cloud around Izzy and it isn't going away anytime soon. Presently legal proceedings are happening against several media outlets. Upon completion of this, a statement in conjunction with both parties must be issued outlining the facts. this circus needs to end.

the BSC Facebook page has contributors stating " real fans know the real story" i bet you they don't. People from the Club or the hierarchy of the Supporters Club have told them in person a story they believe is gospel. the only people who know the full story at present is Izzy himself and the legal professionals working on both sides on the ongoing proceedings.

a cloud is right, however, I don't know if any statements MUST be made, why, a load of misinformation out there possibly,i don't know if it is up to club or player or both to make comments.There is a load of people saying different things,a wide variety of opinions on it...I looked for decent unbiased information...I can't find much, a lot of judge jury and executioner stuff.not from real judges I mean...still,a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Can’t believe people are talking about this again„ yeah as if A LOI club would get away with signing someone who committed R*pe. They believe it’s gospel because it’s from official court documents. The papers made a mistake and dragged Izzy’s name into something he didn’t do and he forever has to live with being abused and disowned by people for it. That’s why he sued them. There is no cloud over him. He’s one of our own now, a gent to talk to and a fanstastic player who’s best is yet to come. I suggest people stop giving this BS time of their day cause it really is not worth it. If that ain’t good enough for ye fair enough, go out and look at the documents yourselves

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Can’t believe people are talking about this again„ yeah as if A LOI club would get away with signing someone who committed R*pe. They believe it’s gospel because it’s from official court documents. The papers made a mistake and dragged Izzy’s name into something he didn’t do and he forever has to live with being abused and disowned by people for it. That’s why he sued them. There is no cloud over him. He’s one of our own now, a gent to talk to and a fanstastic player who’s best is yet to come. I suggest people stop giving this BS time of their day cause it really is not worth it. If that ain’t good enough for ye fair enough, go out and look at the documents yourselves

Where are these documents? Keep hearing about them but they never seem to materialise...

Where can we look at the documents?

• Advertisement

Ah of course, the mythical documents that only true fans can see.

lassykk wrote: »
    Ah of course, the mythical documents that only true fans can see.

Have you seen them or anything official and unbiased?

Everyone waiting here... come on so, give us the goods!

Not to come to other person's defence but if it's not publicly available, that might be illegal to put anything up on internet.point I'm trying to make is Id guess no one on here has seen anything official.there is an ongoing cases(s) against media...did media print something wrong,I don't know.

Not to come to other person's defence but if it's not publicly available, that might be illegal to put anything up on internet.point I'm trying to make is Id guess no one on here has seen anything official.there is an ongoing cases(s) against media...did media print something wrong,I don't know.
    If he was vindicated then this would be available! The ongoing case could be a man trying to cover his tracks or prove his innocence. We don't know.

where are they? they are not available under any sort of FOI. there not in the media. so where did you get them. guide me and educate me please.

Have you seen them or anything official and unbiased?

Link Removed

I'm not saying this is unbiased but it appears to be a transcript of the court report in the media at the time.

Given that he pleaded guilty there is surely nothing to debate here?

If there is something official out there that proves different then I would imagine it would be front and centre in all discussions around this topic

This post has been deleted.

id be very careful quoting or linking a right wing fascist website.

i want the sources that i have asked for above. simple as that! it cant be that hard?!

Gardner wrote: »
    https://theukdatabase.com/2014/11/01/3-kildare-residents-each-receive-suspended-sentences-for-sexual-abuse-of-schoolgirl/

I'm not saying this is unbiased but it appears to be a transcript of the court report in the media at the time.

Given that he pleaded guilty there is surely nothing to debate here?

If there is something official out there that proves different then I would imagine it would be front and centre in all discussions around this topic

id be very careful quoting or linking a right wing fascist website.

i want the sources that i have asked for above. simple as that! it cant be that hard?!
    Love how it's the UK database with Ireland lumped in there. NEXT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Akinade plead guilty to sexual abuse of a 14 year old in 2010. He was 16 at the time.
    The case, for some unexplained reason, was not completed until 4 years later.
    There are links earlier in this thread that refer, some of which are still live.

IF some media mis-reported, or mis-represented, the facts as established in court, then of course a person has the right to apply to have these 'taken down', and pursue any other legal action appropriate.

I have no knowledge of the basis of Akinade's cases against any media outlet.
    I expect that will become clear once these cases are settled.

Advertisement