Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

noby wrote: »
    Cork have that European money burning a hole in their pocket. I hoped they blew it all on Delaney.

Ya we blew a million quid that we dont receive until next November on the wages of one player :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Yeah lads I’ll pull out my screen shots of official court documents there nice one! You can go request to see them I’m pretty sure. They state Akinade was not present the night his two friends of the time raped the girl. He did plead guilty to attempted defilement however, all be it with the girls consent despite not legally being able to give it. The reason the papers are sued is because they reported he was present at the time of the rape which is incorrect. I’m not sure if there is still ongoing cases against people who reported the wrong information. His cases against the newspapers were so strong that it defeated the lawyer Denis O’Brien I think is his name who is meant to be a big name lawyer

send me the screenshots by PM please and also where do i request these documents from for the umpteen time ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

CHealy wrote: »
    Ya we blew a million quid that we dont receive until next November on the wages of one player :D:D

We can only hope!

Our of curiosity, was there a fee for Delaney, or was he a free agent?

Okay I guess.. This is part of the original newspaper report that was meant to be sent

you go one about seen court documents and you post a media snippet! you have as much clue about this as anyone else.... nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

noby wrote: »
    We can only hope!

Our of curiosity, was there a fee for Delaney, or was he a free agent?

Free agent. He's known for a while he was coming home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Looks like Duffus is not staying on despite what we were led to believe, going to be a big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Looks like Duffus is not staying on despite what we were led to believe, going to be a big loss

Is this being judged from his latest tweet?
    https://twitter.com/courtneyduffus/status/1006837072030846976

He may be talking about the mid season break (hopefully)

iseegirls wrote: »
    Is this being judged from his latest tweet?
    https://twitter.com/courtneyduffus/status/1006837072030846976

He may be talking about the mid season break (hopefully)

I thought that too, but the lad that looks after the ball boys posted on FB that he was going also - suppose we wont know for definite until we hear something official.

Ambiguous post, though, the wording

Kasmi gone now also, it seems (no major loss), but it does deplete the squad a bit, hopefully a few decent replacements coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Gardner wrote: »
    you go one about seen court documents and you post a media snippet! you have as much clue about this as anyone else.... nothing!

You have as much clue as anyone else haha! You’re supporting the club since April I’d say. I’ve no issues with new supporters coming on board by my god the vast majority of them are absolutely clueless when it comes to anything LOI!! Give that Facebook forum a read and there’s 100s of you swarming around. If you want to see the documents go request to see them like people and WLRs solicitors have done. Do people think I was there taking pics of them or something

• Advertisement

You have as much clue as anyone else haha! You’re supporting the club since April I’d say. I’ve no issues with new supporters coming on board by my god the vast majority of them are absolutely clueless when it comes to anything LOI!! Give that Facebook forum a read and there’s 100s of you swarming around. If you want to see the documents go request to see them like people and WLRs solicitors have done. Do people think I was there taking pics of them or something

deflect deflect deflect!

who said anything about the start date of fans supporting the club or there views on the LOI. Why would a read a right wing facist group page?

Back to the point, you have stated you have seen the documents, i have asked you to forward them on or where i can request them. you have failed to do both. Furthermore, you state "go request to see them like people and WLRs solicitors have done. Do people think I was there taking pics of them or something" so you where with the WLR solicitors or one of these "people" who viewed the documents? if so, again for the umpteen time where do we request or view them!

Gardner wrote: »
    deflect deflect deflect!

who said anything about the start date of fans supporting the club or there views on the LOI. Why would a read a right wing facist group page?

Back to the point, you have stated you have seen the documents, i have asked you to forward them on or where i can request them. you have failed to do both. Furthermore, you state "go request to see them like people and WLRs solicitors have done. Do people think I was there taking pics of them or something" so you where with the WLR solicitors or one of these "people" who viewed the documents? if so, again for the umpteen time where do we request or view them!

You can make a request at the court office

Pretty sure Noe Baba is signing. Mickey Drennan was also mentioned. Don’t think Hutchinson will be. Duffus also likely to stay. Centre half also rumoured, and Hunt already on board.

Drennan just signed for Sligo, I’d say we had no interest in him if that’s the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

That's a shame about duffus, disappointing, hopefully someone as good or better lined up

Drennan just signed for Sligo, I’d say we had no interest in him if that’s the case

Yeah saw that, hopefully we’ll get some clarity on the Duffus situation, considering he was talking after Fridays game about staying

Yeah saw that, hopefully we’ll get some clarity on the Duffus situation, considering he was talking after Fridays game about staying

Rennie was on LOI weekly on sound cloud and he said he’s waiting to find out about Duffus, I don’t know if that was recorded before or after tweet. He also confirmed a handy fee was received for Kasmi and will hopefully help him in the market. We were always going to be busy in the market as we always are but it’s going to be even more crazy than I would’ve expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

You can make a request at the court office

Which court office?

Which court office?

WFC1930 is a complete walter mitty. One thing for certain is you cant view this at any court in Waterford!

he is sprouting complete muck!

http://www.the42.ie/rory-feely-interview-waterford-fc-league-of-ireland-kildare-gaa-4064928-Jun2018/

There must be some blues fan working for journal.ie as they're is often blues related articles on....there was particular good one some time ago about blues/longford player alan kirby...worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Although we got a point last night, we should of been winning that type of game

We go into the mid season break in a great position. In 3rd place 7pts clear from Rovers/Derry City and 10 from st pats. We need to pick up a win the next day away to Sligo and keep that gap bridged between us and Shamrock Rovers. Rovers have experience been in this position and are getting back to themselves

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Although we got a point last night, we should of been winning that type of game

We go into the mid season break in a great position. In 3rd place 7pts clear from Rovers/Derry City and 10 from st pats. We need to pick up a win the next day away to Sligo and keep that gap bridged between us and Shamrock Rovers. Rovers have experience been in this position and are getting back to themselves

In fairness we’re fairly depleted at the moment. Last night we were without Keegan, Comerford, Aborah, Kavanagh and Webster, all quality players. Just look at the bench for the game.

Hopefully after the break we’ll have most of these back and a few more signings on top of Hunt and Baba, and maybe Duffus will be back. I have a feeling Aborah will be gone, not sure why but I’d say his discipline is the issue.

Third place at this stage is excellent given the issues we’ve had.

Given how good Cork and Dundalk are and the spending power they have, we are in a good place.

In fairness we’re fairly depleted at the moment. Last night we were without Keegan, Comerford, Aborah, Kavanagh and Webster, all quality players. Just look at the bench for the game.

Hopefully after the break we’ll have most of these back and a few more signings on top of Hunt and Baba, and maybe Duffus will be back. I have a feeling Aborah will be gone, not sure why but I’d say his discipline is the issue.

Third place at this stage is excellent given the issues we’ve had.

Given how good Cork and Dundalk are and the spending power they have, we are in a good place.
    Have to agree...aborah is not worth it, good player but a nut case

Max Powers wrote: »
    Have to agree...aborah is not worth it, good player but a nut case

Aborah is going no where I don’t think but I honestly couldn’t agree with you here. He’s had a mental moment or two fair enough but in my years supporting us he’s one of the best players I’ve ever seen play for us. You don’t get rid of fellas like that because they have a weakness. Besides I really think he will learn his lesson after the limerick red card, he put in a great performance against Derry then. We badly miss him. In fact we badly missed him the other night! We do need some depth in that area though even if it is very unlucky our midfield all got ripped to pieces with suspension and injury all at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Blues have confirmed the signing of Noe Baba and Dessie Hutchinson. Both Ireland underage internationals, looks like a good bit of business so far with more additions to come

Hopefully we hit the ground running for this phase and keep hold of that third spot and euro qualification. 3 points on Sat away to Sligo is a must going into the next 2 home games vs Bohs (6th July) and Rovers (20th July)

Is the 1st round of the FAI cup on the weekend of 13/14/15th July ??? Or is there another break

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully we hit the ground running for this phase and keep hold of that third spot and euro qualification. 3 points on Sat away to Sligo is a must going into the next 2 home games vs Bohs (6th July) and Rovers (20th July)

Is the 1st round of the FAI cup on the weekend of 13/14/15th July ??? Or is there another break
    FAI Cup in August. Bohs/Sligo is the only fixture on the 13th. I presume that weekend was meant to be some of the games vs European teams. Our away game in Dundalk looks to be the one scheduled for that weekend but moved to suit there European schedule

Playing Linfield in a friendly in Windsor Park on the 18h July

Playing Linfield in a friendly in Windsor Park on the 18h July

Shamrock Rovers are now only 4 points behind us so a win tomorrow night is a must for us to keep the gap

Won't be easy for us up in Sligo tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Big news that Duffus is coming back from Oldham on loan for rest of the season, quality player, be good to have him back. Good attacking options now to push on for Europe with Duffus, Akinade, Hunt and O'Halloran.

Advertisement