Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Match will be rescheduled again if Rovers win there Europa League match with AIK and get through to the next round but they have a 1-0 deficit going into tomorrows away leg.

I can make the game and praying they don't win

Yer in luck, Rovers won 1-0 after 90 mins, but lost in extra time, so the match is on, and they'll be wrecked tired

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Yer in luck, Rovers won 1-0 after 90 mins, but lost in extra time, so the match is on, and they'll be wrecked tired

Well done rovers...Plus,I do hope you are right and they are wrecked tired.

Add....
    I reread this, I missed they lost in extra time, I wasn't being sarky, would have been happy to see them win on their European travels, just not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Blues vs cork live on eir sports Friday August 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Blues vs cork live on eir sports Friday August 3rd.

What time?
    I don't see it listed on the eir sports guide specifically
    https://www.eirsport.ie/tv-guides

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

8pm

• Advertisement

8pm

I don't see it listed for that time either on EirSport 1 or 2.

Am I mis-reading the guide here?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I don't see it listed for that time either on EirSport 1 or 2.

Am I mis-reading the guide here?

No it's been tweeted by the club and league
    https://twitter.com/SSEAirtricityLg/status/1020375285189890048?s=20

Ah!

Thanks for that. ;)

Good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good to get a game on TV

Lots happening in Waterford that particular bank holiday weekend. Sproai festival and the All Together now festival taking place out in Portlaw

Massive game today

Hopefully a big crowd out there

• Advertisement

Bitterly disappointed if we don't get at least 3 and a half thousand today. If we don't it will be a sad indictment of the Waterford community.

Bitterly disappointed if we don't get at least 3 and a half thousand today. If we don't it will be a sad indictment of the Waterford community.

Really disappointed to miss it today, something came up, gutted, please let us know your match report / thoughts after. Massive game.

Very good crowd out here

Sun is blazing and the singing section in full voice.

Unsual Wilson is still not in the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Whys that? Ridiculous statement. Not everyone follows them or football. People have other things to be spending their money on.

Att 2378

Sloppy affair here

Balls 1-0 loss

Had a few chances to level it but sadly didnt score. Only 4 gap now between us and Rovers

Next up is Limerick away and then Cork home on the 3rd Aug. Need to keep the heads now

We can still make Europe if we finish 4th and we win need cup or one of the top 3 wins it

Whys that? Ridiculous statement. Not everyone follows them or football. People have other things to be spending their money on.

I should have said the football community. My apologies.

Very cagey match, stonewall peno not given to the blues. Ref was muck the whole match. Hit the woodwork and their keeper pulled off some fine saves. Keegan Houlihan Aborah Duffus and Izzy were poor. Keegan and Houlihan should have been ripped off at half time.

Very cagey match, stonewall peno not given to the blues. Ref was muck the whole match. Hit the woodwork and their keeper pulled off some fine saves. Keegan Houlihan Aborah Duffus and Izzy were poor. Keegan and Houlihan should have been ripped off at half time.

Fair play, pity about result, ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Besides the penalty shout (I was at the other end, so can't really comment, but people seem adamant it was stonewall) we had our chances to at least draw the game in the second half.

Hunt did well when he came on, and coaxed a better game out of Izzy. I'd like to see Hunt and Duffus get a run together.

It feels like they've not been as fluid since the summer break, but a good display against Limerick will put us right back on track.

• Advertisement

Thought Hunt did well but went too far out the wing at times.

big game tomorrow up in Limerick

always a tricky game for us and we need 3pts to keep that gap over Rovers. Rovers themselves face Sligo at home.

remaining fixtures

27th July- Limerick (A)
    03rd Aug- Cork City (H) Live on Eir Sport 8pm
    10th Aug- Skerries (A) FAI Cup R1
    17th Aug- Derry City (A)
    Wkd of 24/25/26- FAI Cup R2
    31st Aug- St Pats (A)
    Wkd of 7/8/9 Sep- FAI Cup QFS
    14th Sep- Bray (H)
    21st Sep- Sligo Rovers (H)
    Wkd of 28/29/30 Sep- FAI Cup SFs
    05th Oct- Bohs (A)
    12th Oct- Dundalk (H)
    19th Oct- Shamrock Rovers (A)
    26th Oct- Limerick (H)
    4th Nov- FAI Cup final (Aviva Stadium)

hard to knw what way we will treat the cup. Be really nice to get a run in it. Another Dundalk vs Cork City final could be good for us if we finish 4th as we will get the 4th European spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

problem we have at the moment is nearly everyone has copped on to our diamond shaped formation. Rennie has offered no alternative except when his hand was forced when we were depleted with injuries and suspensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Double signing just announced.

Latvian international Renars Rode - a centre-back recently playing in Malaysia

Cory Galvin - former Blues midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Gardner wrote: »
    problem we have at the moment is nearly everyone has copped on to our diamond shaped formation. Rennie has offered no alternative except when his hand was forced when we were depleted with injuries and suspensions.

After signing another winger, so perhaps Rennie is thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Disaster of a result tonight, lost 2-1 in limerick. Missed a penalty and another red card too. Rovers won so are just a point behind now. Hery scored again, some player in fairness

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Disaster of a result tonight, lost 2-1 in limerick. Missed a penalty and another red card too. Rovers won so are just a point behind now. Hery scored again, some player in fairness

Yeah really bad result which could cost us huge

I can see Rovers taking points off Dundalk and Cork.

Derry beat St Pats 2-1 and are getting back in the race now for 4th

Doesn't get any easier for us, Cork at home next week and then our next league game is the long trip away too Derry on the 17th Aug.

We could be in 5th place after the Derry Trip if we lose the next 2 games

Our next 3 league games
    Cork (H), Derry (A) and St Pats (A)

Rovers next 3 games
    Due to play Dundalk next week but that will be rescheduled. Bohs (H), Bray (A)

Derry next 3 games
    Sligo (H), Waterford (H) and Bohs (H)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

WTF?? Me head's spinning; if we'd beaten Rovers we'd have been 10 points clear in 3rd, now we're up against it to keep a top 4 spot and any chance of European football next season.
    It's a funny old game Saint!

another huge game tomorrow night vs Cork City in the RSC. wont make it out myself but hopefully there will be a big crowd out there. Lots on this weekend in Waterford with the Sproai and ATN out in Portlaw and the fact the game is on live on Eir Sport 1 (kick off at 8pm)

hard to see anything but a Cork win going by our recent form but we have to up our game for this one and a draw would be an acceptable result. Rovers off this weeknd as they were due to play Dundalk, Derry are at home to Sligo and St Pats are at home to Bray

break for the cup next weekend with us travelling to Skerries on Sat 11th Aug at 5pm. Week after that is Derry City away in another very important game

Nothing easy for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sounds like a lively crowd.

Just found a stream, no commentary. Just a feed.

Advertisement