Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

He won't be there either way . He has to go back working for the FAI as far as I know, he was only released to end of season . Noel hunt will be managing next season

Is the Noel Hunt thing confirmed or is it still a rumour? I heard he will have it short term while they look for a higher calibre manager. Not too sure who they could get tho if that is the case.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

alta stare wrote:
    Is the Noel Hunt thing confirmed or is it still a rumour? I heard he will have it short term while they look for a higher calibre manager. Not too sure who they could get tho if that is the case.

Could be a rumour I guess . Second half of season has been disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Could be a rumour I guess . Second half of season has been disappointing

Another rumour doing the rounds is that Hunt will also be gone, as his wife doesn’t want to move here.

As for last night, shocking performance. To me the players look unfit, there was no communication between them on the pitch, some looked like they didn’t care, there didn’t seem to be a game plan, taking on one too many instead of getting the ball in the box, passing backwards, really disappointing to watch.

We also had a lot of fans making the journey up to watch that shambles

I’d love to know what Jack Power is reporting back to his dad, he didn’t look too happy, there’s also rumours of discontent behind the scenes, so it appears it’s not all rosy out there

It looks like Reynolds has lost the dressing room. Personally, the sooner he’s gone the better.

Also, why make all these new signings and then leave them sit on the bench.

I also feel since Hunt joined things have changed, there seems to be a bit of niggle with him and Hery, at halftime when they came back on, it looked like they were exchanging words, also noticed that in a few other games.

I also feel since the Reynolds incident that things have changed

I’d say there’ll be less than a thousand at the game next Friday.

What a turnaround since the euphoria and buzz early on in the season

I dont see what Hunt offers anyway so if there is an issue between him and Hery id prefer if Hunt left. Loosing Hery would be a step backwards for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

One shot on target, and that from a penalty, is really poor. For the investment made and the players at the club, you would expect better. Rennie under a bit of pressure now it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Onlooker with an outside interest in Waterford (two good friends with season tickets, and they gave me some stick after that Waterford win earlier in the year.)
    I think Reynolds did a good job, particularly 1st half of season, and certainly before the assault. 3rd place was the best Waterford could reasonably expect first season up. And what are you away from that now? One place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

joeysoap wrote: »
    Onlooker with an outside interest in Waterford (two good friends with season tickets, and they gave me some stick after that Waterford win earlier in the year.)
    I think Reynolds did a good job, particularly 1st half of season, and certainly before the assault. 3rd place was the best Waterford could reasonably expect first season up. And what are you away from that now? One place.

A lot of people who take an interest now weren't there a few years ago in the dark days. They have zero perspective, not all of them mind you but a lot. Some of the comments on the supporters page are embarrassing and a good chunk from fellas who would have needed a map 2 yrs ago to find the RSC.

A lot of people who take an interest now weren't there a few years ago in the dark days. They have zero perspective, not all of them mind you but a lot. Some of the comments on the supporters page are embarrassing and a good chunk from fellas who would have needed a map 2 yrs ago to find the RSC.

That’s a good point but a lot of people who have come back would have followed them years ago but got fed up with the set up and how the club was run.

I started supporting them in the early 70’s when I was 6 or 7 - great days then.

Always had an interest through my teens, probably didn’t go all the time but remember being there quite a bit.

Mid 80’s started going regularly again - Home and away. But got really fed up with the organisation out there and the chopping and changing, so gave up.

Didn’t go much after that between raising a family and having to emigrate.

Came back last season, as I now have more time and also with the new regime it seems things are going in the right direction.

So, although it may appear that people are just jumping on the bandwagon, a lot of them would have been there back in the day

Anyone can tell all is not right with the squad. They were in such a commanding position which they have let slip. This would not happen under good management or a squad in harmony. I still believe they will finish 3rd which would be fantastic for the club but at the same time i dont believe Reynolds is the man to turn them into title challengers irrespective of how good they have been this season.

I do agree regarding the supporters tho...plenty of them being sunshine supporters but it would be worse if they werent there. I spent many a time over the years down in the RSC freezing my ass off with a couple of hundred other souls, cheering on a pub league team which was crafted by poor guidance via the previous regime. Right now im happy to see the RSC full of kids and adults who may of never graced the ground before.....why??? Well it means our club will continue to survive for another while as there are bums on seats, roars in the stands encouraging our club to the position they are in now. As a supporter i feel it is vital the club get the right manager in who will keep us competitive who will keep the buzz going all season and not just half of it. The finanacial backing is there at the moment, weak or inexperienced managers could have us down the table, bad decisions could be made and before long we are back in the dark days. We have a chance to make this club relevant again and im sorry i dont think Reynolds is the guy to lead that cause.

alta stare wrote: »
    Anyone can tell all is not right with the squad. They were in such a commanding position which they have let slip. This would not happen under good management or a squad in harmony. I still believe they will finish 3rd which would be fantastic for the club but at the same time i dont believe Reynolds is the man to turn them into title challengers irrespective of how good they have been this season.

I do agree regarding the supporters tho...plenty of them being sunshine supporters but it would be worse if they werent there. I spent many a time over the years down in the RSC freezing my ass off with a couple of hundred other souls, cheering on a pub league team which was crafted by poor guidance via the previous regime. Right now im happy to see the RSC full of kids and adults who may of never graced the ground before.....why??? Well it means our club will continue to survive for another while as there are bums on seats, roars in the stands encouraging our club to the position they are in now. As a supporter i feel it is vital the club get the right manager in who will keep us competitive who will keep the buzz going all season and not just half of it. The finanacial backing is there at the moment, weak or inexperienced managers could have us down the table, bad decisions could be made and before long we are back in the dark days. We have a chance to make this club relevant again and im sorry i dont think Reynolds is the guy to lead that cause.

100% agree

Also, all the ups and downs are part and parcel of being a fan.

When things are going well, there’s no better feeling. You’re on a high, like nothing else matters

But when things are not going well, there’s no worse feeling. It can ruin a whole week, never mind a weekend

So, while things were great early on and everyone was buzzing, it’s a different story now.

It’s the joys of being a fan

Agree also about Reynolds, I think for us to progress to the next level, we need to bring in experience. Problem is they’re like hen’s teeth.

Just another point, they haven’t played at home since the start of August, I think this might also be affecting things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Back to league action next Friday at home to Bray

We should be winning his game but a lot of us expected a win against UCD a few days ago and we saw how that turned out. The week after we are at home again to Sligo Rovers who have an excellent away record

We are praying for Cork and Dundalk will be on the opposite side of the cup semi draw so that pairing could be the final yet again and 4th place will qualify for Europe.

It's bacisally a fight between us, Rovers and St Pats for 3rd/4th place. Bohs and Derry can still catch up too

Rovers remaining games- Limerick (H), Derry (A), Cork (H), St Pats (A), Waterford (H) and Sligo (H)

St Pats remaining games- Sligo (A), Bohs (H), Dundalk (A), Rovers (H), Limerick (A), Derry (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Some people on here make some good points on Reynolds and it’s hard to disagree with, however careful what you wish for. Who would people bring in as manager if he does leave. Just personal opinions. I personally can’t think of anyone. I’d say if he did leave it’d be someone from the UK

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Some people on here make some good points on Reynolds and it’s hard to disagree with, however careful what you wish for. Who would people bring in as manager if he does leave. Just personal opinions. I personally can’t think of anyone. I’d say if he did leave it’d be someone from the UK

imo the league of ireland is full of journeymen players and managers esp in the Dublin area with players and managers jumping from club to club every few years to name just a few

Stephen Kenny- managed St Pats, Bohs and Rovers. Also managed Derry City and now Dundalk manager
    Pat Fenlon- managed Shelbourne, Bohs and Rovers, was director of football for us for 2017
    Liam Buckely- managed St Pats, Rovers, Sporting Fingal and now st pats

have heard a few rumours of unrest in the Waterford camp the last few weeks with the players out drinking instead of training

We are on course for our highest finish since the 70s and our first European campaign since the 80s. Just remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Cup semi final draw tonight. Disappointing we are not on it but it's still important and relevant to the blues. If cork and dundalk are kept apart and make it to the final then 4th place in the league gets Europe. Still lots to play for!

We are on course for our highest finish since the 70s and our first European campaign since the 80s. Just remember that.

And that is great we all welcome it. The thing is tho do the current management have it in them to sustain it? Personally i dont think so. For Waterford to stay in the top 4 for the foreseeable future then we need a good mananger in place.

The problem is of course who is out there??? There isnt a great selection to be fair so if Reynolds does go i hope the board have a good replacement lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

PTH2009 wrote: »
    imo the league of ireland is full of journeymen players and managers esp in the Dublin area with players and managers jumping from club to club every few years to name just a few

Stephen Kenny- managed St Pats, Bohs and Rovers. Also managed Derry City and now Dundalk manager
    Pat Fenlon- managed Shelbourne, Bohs and Rovers, was director of football for us for 2017
    Liam Buckely- managed St Pats, Rovers, Sporting Fingal and now st pats

have heard a few rumours of unrest in the Waterford camp the last few weeks with the players out drinking instead of training

There’s not one LOI manager (who is currently employed) id want here. Other than Stephen Kenny who obviously won’t leave Dundalk for years to come. Any other manager in the LOI would be a step backwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

WFC1930 wrote: »
    There’s not one LOI manager (who is currently employed) id want here. Other than Stephen Kenny who obviously won’t leave Dundalk for years to come. Any other manager in the LOI would be a step backwards

Jimmy McGuinness being lined up!!!!!!

debok wrote: »
    Jimmy McGuinness being lined up!!!!!!

Eh don't think so unless power is giving him a good bit of €€€€

Cup draw is Dundalk vs UCD and winners of Bohs/Derry city vs Cork city. A lot saying it's another Cork vs Dundalk final but can see Bohs/derry having a say in that.

If there is issues within the setup than it needs to get sorted and we really go for it in the final few games. We need a win on Friday night over Bray and a loss or even a draw could be very damaging

Derek Mcgrath would be a good shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I thought people wanted a winner?

He is a winner.

He is a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

He is a winner.

I give up

dzilla wrote: »
    I give up

What exactly are you giving up??

What exactly are you giving up??

The man won a national league title in 5 seasons.

He left us in division 1b. With a few moral victories and a nothing league title he has been hailed as the best thing since sliced bread.

He is a bad manager and the Waterford FC thread doesn't deserve any talk of him or his negative tactics being mentioned on it.

anyway huge game on Friday night and a must must win no excuses.

We have dropped points to Bray this season already. we beat them 3-0 at home earlier in the season but drew with them twice away. Bray are in a bad way atm and look like there getting relagated and have lost there last 5 league games by 3 goals or more

dzilla wrote: »
    The man won a national league title in 5 seasons.

He left us in division 1b. With a few moral victories and a nothing league title he has been hailed as the best thing since sliced bread.

He is a bad manager and the Waterford FC thread doesn't deserve any talk of him or his negative tactics being mentioned on it.

Well if you thought i was being serious with that suggestion my friend then you need help. It was tongue in cheek.

• Advertisement

Well if you thought i was being serious with that suggestion my friend then you need help. It was tongue in cheek.

what that he is a winner?

Advertisement