Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

dzilla wrote: »
    what that he is a winner?

Yes. Also the fact he is also a GAA man. I would of thought people would see my suggestion was tongue in cheek but clearly not all did. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

alta stare wrote: »
    Yes. Also the fact he is also a GAA man. I would of thought people would see my suggestion was tongue in cheek but clearly not all did. Ah well.

Na I don't buy it pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Yes. Also the fact he is also a GAA man. I would of thought people would see my suggestion was tongue in cheek but clearly not all did. Ah well.[/quote

Your forgot to use the tongue in cheek font.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Na I don't buy it pal.

You genuinely think he was suggesting a hurling manager would take control over a soccer club? Pull your head out of your arse ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

He is a winner.

Is that you Derek.

McGrath would have Waterford playing the 1-8-1-1 formation.

And winning nowt like the hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Na I don't buy it pal.

You are right too. Wouldn't know what to believe these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

hardybuck wrote: »

Jason Ryan led us de la salle kids to back to back Munster and all Ireland soccer titles he's a super manager haha I'd highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The first of 6 big cup finals for us tomorrow vs bray. Héry a big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah huge loss as it's proven he struggle without him. Duffus also out and Hunt is 50/50

Hopefully a decent crowd out there tomorrow and a badly needed win

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

What's wrong with hery? Easily the best player we have. Will miss him hugely

• Advertisement

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    What's wrong with hery? Easily the best player we have. Will miss him hugely

Suspended

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Suspended

Some load of suspensions this season! Will.miss Bastien, probably the best player I've ever seen play for the blues, but we should have enough quality to best bray

Some load of suspensions this season! Will.miss Bastien, probably the best player I've ever seen play for the blues, but we should have enough quality to best bray

We didn't on 2 out of 3 occasions this season, take nothing for granted.

We didn't on 2 out of 3 occasions this season, take nothing for granted.

Absolutely, take nothing for granted, we have to win tonight and home to Sligo next week. All massive games now left

Absolutely, take nothing for granted, we have to win tonight and home to Sligo next week. All massive games now left

True and bare in mind Sligo have an excellent away record this season

PTH2009 wrote: »
    True and bare in mind Sligo have an excellent away record this season

We have to win these 2 home games v bray and Sligo. Tough games after that away to bohs, home to dundalk and away to rovers.

Hopefully cork and dundalk both make it to the cup final which allows 4th place into Europe, but we need to start winning games again. Great chance this evening, hope we do the business

We have to win these 2 home games v bray and Sligo. Tough games after that away to bohs, home to dundalk and away to rovers.

Hopefully cork and dundalk both make it to the cup final which allows 4th place into Europe, but we need to start winning games again. Great chance this evening, hope we do the business

A small saving grace for us is a few teams below us who are close are facing each other in the coming weeks

Round 32 (22 Sep)- St Pats vs Bohs
    Round 33 (5 Oct)- Rovers vs Cork, Dundalk vs St Pats, Limerick vs Derry
    Round 34 (12 Oct)- St Pats vs Rovers
    Round 35 (19 Oct)- us vs Rovers, Derry vs Cork
    Round 36 (26 Oct)- St Pats vs Derry, Sligo vs Rovers, Bohs vs Dundalk

Once again no start for Carlos Wilson (on the subs) and The new Latvian guy Renars Rode (not even in the squad tonight)

Noel Hunt and Cory Calvin back

• Registered Users Posts: 6 markydo29

Any idea why Courtney Duffus is not in the squad?

markydo29 wrote: »
    Any idea why Courtney Duffus is not in the squad?

Injured

• Advertisement

Back to winning ways 2-0 over Bray. Puri and Hunt with the goals. Decent performance but we played a poor Bray side

Rovers 5-0 win over Limerick with Bohs beating Cork City and now move Into 5th with St Pats taking on Sligo tomorrow

We need 3pts again next week. With the way Cork are playing atm it may not be a Cork vs Dundalk cup final meaning 4th place may not get us into Europe if Derry,Bohs or ucd win the cup

Darn 2-1 win for St Pats vs Sligo Rovers

Gap between us and them still at 7pts

Some interesting ties this weekend

Friday we face Sligo at home, Derry face Shamrock Rovers and on Sat St Pats are at home to Bohs

An ideal result 3pts for us and draws in the other games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Ideally, yes, but Sligo are strong away from home this year, so it'll be a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

You genuinely think he was suggesting a hurling manager would take control over a soccer club? Pull your head out of your arse ffs

Ah fu3k off ya ba5tard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

anyone know whats going on with Carlos Wilson? signed him about 3 months ago and has been in several matchday squads but he has only got about 30 min to date.

was he signed to be sent on loan to swindon when fit? was he signed by the club and rennie isnt happy about it so he is leaving him out? Same can nearly be said for Rode. its quite baffling paying wages for these guys and not getting a return in terms of been on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 markydo29

Is the rumours true that Rennie was told he won't be managing the team after this season. Apparently he was told after the UCD game

markydo29 wrote: »
    Is the rumours true that Rennie was told he won't be managing the team after this season. Apparently he was told after the UCD game

Doubt it. Wouldn't make sense to do that with a couple of games left. Idiotic at best to do that with the club's most important end to a season in living memory.

Gardner wrote: »
    anyone know whats going on with Carlos Wilson? signed him about 3 months ago and has been in several matchday squads but he has only got about 30 min to date.

was he signed to be sent on loan to swindon when fit? was he signed by the club and rennie isnt happy about it so he is leaving him out? Same can nearly be said for Rode. its quite baffling paying wages for these guys and not getting a return in terms of been on the pitch.

I had heard he was going to Swindon and was just over here to get fit and play when needed. Maybe he's not fit or just reni is reluctant to use him. Who knows. The centre back isn't being used as Webster and Fletch and have been a good partnership this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I had heard he was going to Swindon and was just over here to get fit and play when needed. Maybe he's not fit or just reni is reluctant to use him. Who knows. The centre back isn't being used as Webster and Fletch and have been a good partnership this season.

Webster is a bombscare, cost us more goals than anyone else all season, woeful against UCD

Advertisement