Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WFC1930 wrote: »
    If Dundalk and Cork reach the final our game against Bohs could be the game we secure European football. A win would ensure fourth spot which in the event of a fourth successive Cork/Dundalk final obviously secures Europe. And a draw and a Pats loss (who go to Dundalk who’ll probably be looking to wrap up the league) would also get it.

If I’m honest though I think Bohs will get to the final unless Cork do something big which on current form looks unlikely. 9 in a row in all comps for Bohs.

If Bohs get to the final they will win it and will be a big force next season. They beat Pats 3-1 last week with a load of youngfellas. First of all Dundalk have to beat UCD first before we think about Bohs vs Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Very worrying rumors on twitter tonight that Rennie is taking the St.Pats job because Lee Power is cutting funding next season and will be signing a good few younger players on loan from the UK next season. Apparently some of our top players are likely to follow him out the door.

Make of it what you will

I also just seen the same rumor of Facebook for what it’s worth

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

I also just seen the same rumor of Facebook for what it’s worth

That couldn't be happening...because I saw on Snapbook that Derek McGrath is replacing Mourinho at United, who is in line for the Waterford gig. Rennie is taking over the Tramore under 7s.

You should really double check your source before posting rumours from Social media.

Teebor15 wrote: »
    That couldn't be happening...because I saw on Snapbook that Derek McGrath is replacing Mourinho at United, who is in line for the Waterford gig. Rennie is taking over the Tramore under 7s.

You should really double check your source before posting rumours from Social media.

I said make of it what you will didn’t I? I didn’t claim it was true or accurate.

• Advertisement

I said make of it what you will didn’t I? I didn’t claim it was true or accurate.

Also there are news outlets reporting Rennie to St.Pats

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Personally don’t think it would be the end of the world if Rennie was to move on to be honest. If the money was to dry up, then that would be a major issue alright.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Personally don’t think it would be the end of the world if Rennie was to move on to be honest. If the money was to dry up, then that would be a major issue alright.

I certainly wouldn’t be on calling for his head but yeah if we could get a good manager to come in it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
    But the link is weird. I mean my thinking is A club like pats who will obviously have no European football, and are lower down the table would never attempt to go for a manager of a mor successful club unless he was to become available. Is he being linked with the job due to the rumour of the money drying up. Hopefully there’s nothing in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JourneyMan8

so is it half true or what? is the owner reducing spending next year? bit early to do that? if it was my money id have cut spending as soon as i bought though so he's done well haha - calibre of playing signing on loan from england is high so it's not that bad, just the fact you have players that come and go and you can't get attached etc...

if waterford do get european football would like to see them go hard on the transfer front. players that would never look at the club will actually consider coming down? with hunty around and in their ears im sure plenty of the other waterford heads across the pond coming to the end of careers will be asking to come back im sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

The only Rennie to Pat's article I read was complete speculation, and basically saying Pat's were interested in him.

To be honest I'm getting tired with all these 'rumours' going round. Who is starting all these rumours, and have they any substance to them at all?
    We're coming into a crucial run in, and all these rumours can only be a distraction.
    Heck, linking Rennie to another job (and if it is coming from Pat's, then that's bad form) at this point of the season isn't helpful at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

If they qualify for Europe is it a done deal there allowed into it or is there a chance that UEFA won't let them in with them being a new entity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

debok wrote: »
    If they qualify for Europe is it a done deal there allowed into it or is there a chance that UEFA won't let them in with them being a new entity?

this has been answer umpteen times already. read back through the previous pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Gardner wrote: »
    this has been answer umpteen times already. read back through the previous pages

Time it took you to write that you could have just told me.

Dundalk and Cork please win the weekend

tbh unless we improve a lot and Rovers have a bit of slump we won't get third. Bohs away next in the league is a very hard game and then the following weeks we all knw about it (Dundalk at home, Rovers away and the last game Limerick at home our bogey team)

A point could secure 4th place and we should know what we have to do after this weekend

So Dundalk are through to the cup final

Over to you Cork City

Trying to add it up, one more win will guarantee 4th place but Bohs/St pats result have to go our way too

Next weekend, we play bohs in Dalymount, Dundalk are home to St Pats and Rovers are home to Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So Dundalk are through to the cup final

Over to you Cork City

Trying to add it up, one more win will guarantee 4th place but Bohs/St pats result have to go our way too

Next weekend, we play bohs in Dalymount, Dundalk are home to St Pats and Rovers are home to Cork City.

UCD were good last night which softens the blow of them beating us. If they keep that squad together they will be a top 6 team next season.

I think Cork will beat Bohs, they are hurting so a cup final and a chance of silverware by beating the new champions will spur them on. Bodes well for Waterford.

IMO Pats are not a threat to fourth, Bohs yes. Id be focusing on Rovers moreso than those below us. Gotta keep looking up.

alta stare wrote: »

I think Cork will beat Bohs, they are hurting so a cup final and a chance of silverware by beating the new champions will spur them on. Bodes well for Waterford.

IMO Pats are not a threat to fourth, Bohs yes. Id be focusing on Rovers moreso than those below us. Gotta keep looking up.

Agree on both points.
    But, while we need to be chasing Rovers, a cork win tomorrow will mean any result against Bohs pretty much guarantees fourth place. That'll take a lot of pressure off, to go chase third place.

noby wrote: »
    Agree on both points.
    But, while we need to be chasing Rovers, a cork win tomorrow will mean any result against Bohs pretty much guarantees fourth place. That'll take a lot of pressure off, to go chase third place.

Hopefully Cork do win. I cant see them going out in a wimper so i reckon a tetchy 2-0 win for them.

Our games
    Bohs (A)
    Dundalk (H)
    Rovers (A)
    Limerick (H)

Bohs
    Waterford (H)
    Sligo (A)
    Bray (A)
    Dundalk (H)

Shamrock Rovers
    Cork City (H)
    St Pats (A)
    Waterford (H)
    Sligo (A)

St Pats
    Dundalk (A)
    Rovers (H)
    Limerick (A)
    Derry (H)

Please Cork win tonight but even if they do we still have a bit of work to do

Still none the wiser with Bohs and Cork drawing and going to a replay (Monday week in Turners cross)

likely if our league game goes ahead next Fri Bohs may have a weak team out and save some players for cup replay ???.

• Advertisement

likely if our league game goes ahead next Fri Bohs may have a weak team out and save some players for cup replay ???.

Hopefully. Replay Monday week, afaik.

Still none the wiser with Bohs and Cork drawing and going to a replay (Monday week in Turners cross)

Yep they played their u19s and made 11 changes vs Pats the other week.. and won 3-1

Yep they played their u19s and made 11 changes vs Pats the other week.. and won 3-1

Yeah pretty scary

We have too man up and really go for these final 4 games and give it there all. Win our games **** what the others are doing. Us fans can worry about permutations and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

That's impressive...I notice rovers are top of under 17&19 leagues, they must be doing excellent work up there, fair play..they will reap benefits there in few years probably

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Max Powers wrote: »
    That's impressive...I notice rovers are top of under 17&19 leagues, they must be doing excellent work up there, fair play..they will reap benefits there in few years probably

Rovers have ploughed money into their academy and have excellent facilities.

Rovers have ploughed money into their academy and have excellent facilities.

Yeah they have a lot of very good players coming through, Aaron Bolger Brandon Kavanagh, list goes on, they obviously sold Bazunu too

Massive game this Friday night away to bohs

Win and were guaranteed 4th place and if Cork win the cup semi replay than were in the Europa league next season too. Lose this weekend and we will put a lot of of pressure on ourselfs.

Hard to knw what Bohs team will be out as they might hold players back for the cup and the u19 team are away for a tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great result, surprised they won so convincingly since bohs were in form, be great to hear from anyone there on how match went.
    We welcome the champions next week, looking forward to it, hopefully they're still hungover

Great result tonight. A good confidence boost going into the last remaining games. The Rovers game is massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

alta stare wrote: »
    Great result tonight. A good confidence boost going into the last remaining games. The Rovers game is massive.

Rovers game irrelevant hopefully if cork win Monday

Advertisement