Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The race for 3rd spot resumes tomorrow night when we face Dundalk at home and Rovers face a trip away too St Pats

The big one and possible 3rd/4th playoff takes place on the 19th Oct when we travel too Tallaght to take on Rovers

The great season ends the following week at home too Limerick and then after a month or 2 break we get ready for the 2019 season when European football returns too Waterford next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Gardner wrote: »
    the less scumbags you bring on tour the better. They cant even go to Cobh or Turner's Cross without getting arrested/ being refused entry or generally making complete and utter gob****es of themselves

I have been to away games this season in Sligo, Drogheda, Inchicore, Tallaght & Dalymount twice and seen ZERO trouble.

I have been impressed with the young lads who follow the Blues. I'd have no worries about them representing Waterford at home or abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I've been to the majority of the games in Dublin this season - no hassle anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Will Akinade be allowed travel to Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

Been to all away games in Dublin this year. Sae absolutely no hassle. Fans a credit. Your man Gardner is having a mare here.

• Advertisement

Ray Malone who is known as the Waterford liverpool Fanatic is a gent and organises all away trips brillently. AFAIK theres other guys who organsie too but dont knw there names

• Registered Users Posts: 6 markydo29

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Will Akinade be allowed travel to Europe?

Why wouldn't he be allowed travel??

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1011/1002556-europe-bound-waterford-lay-down-a-blueprint-to-follow/

Very good article

Suggests we still have to be rubber stamped by UFEA to take part in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Yeah your lad Gardner there has had a mare all right.. I’ve been to majority of away games this year and our fans have been brilliant in terms of atmosphere, general support and behaviour.. ah well good to see all the readers of the forum know what they are talking about.. bring on the Dundalk!

Actually while I think of it as someone mentioned Sligo away.. if you go all the way back to the 2-1 win at the start of the season in the first away game versus them I think it shows how well behaved our fans were.. Sligo fans acting up at the end of the game and threw a flare into the away end.. I remember the block e lads not over reacting the way other fans might have as if that flare hit someone it could’ve caused serious damage. Then the lads cooperated with the guards and stewards to organize a safe exit from the ground without running into Sligo fans on the way out. I think that is just one of the many good things the block e lads have done this season. Another one would be pats away a few weeks ago and then encouraging the kids at half time kick about. Same in limerick. I think we have some of the best fans in the league I really do and just cause one or two acted up in Cobh last year I think it’s rather narrow minded of someone above to suggest they are scumbags.. anyway rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1011/1002556-europe-bound-waterford-lay-down-a-blueprint-to-follow/

Very good article

Suggests we still have to be rubber stamped by UFEA to take part in Europe

Yeah, I saw that. I've heard that because Power paid off any debts, and didn't just fold the previous company then we should be ok. I haven't heard anything official, but hopefully it is just a formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

jaysus some of ye dont know the Block E boys personally so.;)

Several arrested in Cobh last year which resulted in the Chairman of the supporters club resigning.
    2 banned from RSC after an incident at the Rovers game.
    Racist abuse and chants on a supporters club bus to a FAI CUP game this season with families on board....underage drinking on board and substance abuse on buses......
    several fans refused entry in Turners Cross this season which resulted in several fights outside the ground.

this has all been posted on the Blues Supporters Club Facebook page!

i could go on but i'm having a mare it seems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

jaysus some of ye dont know the Block E boys personally so.;)

Several arrested in Cobh last year which resulted in the Chairman of the supporters club resigning.
    2 banned from RSC after an incident at the Rovers game.
    Racist abuse and chants on a supporters club bus to a FAI CUP game this season with families on board....underage drinking on board and substance abuse on buses......
    several fans refused entry in Turners Cross this season which resulted in several fights outside the ground.

this has all been posted on the Blues Supporters Club Facebook page!

i could go on but i'm having a mare it seems :rolleyes:

Have you witnessed these incidents?

Have you been to away games this season?

Majority on here have nothing but positive praise for the behaviour of those lads

And before you think I’m one of them, I’m way too old to be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Have you witnessed these incidents?

Have you been to away games this season?

Majority on here have nothing but positive praise for the behaviour of those lads

And before you think I’m one of them, I’m way too old to be one of them

Witnessed the incidents at Cobh, Turners Cross and Rovers incident in the new stand. Friends were present and witnessed the incidents on the bus and they would have no reason to lie whatsoever.

Season ticket holder and have probably being at 70% of away games. why?

according to posters here they are contenders for freedom of the City. Actually they would be better contenders than that gob****e Matt Keane trying to get Gilbert O'Sullivan freedom of the City :o

Witnessed the incidents at Cobh, Turners Cross and Rovers incident in the new stand. Friends were present and witnessed the incidents on the bus and they would have no reason to lie whatsoever.

Season ticket holder and have probably being at 70% of away games. why?

according to posters here they are contenders for freedom of the City. Actually they would be better contenders than that gob****e Matt Keane trying to get Gilbert O'Sullivan freedom of the City :o

Well, I’ve been at about 90% of the away games. The incident at the rovers game had nothing to do with the Block E lads.

I’ve “friends” who’ve been on the buses and they’ve never mentioned any of the stuff above especially any racist chanting, and would find that hard to believe give the ethnic make up of the team

After the Rovers away game, the stewards and Gardaí were thanking all supporters on the way out for the way they behaved

I wasn’t at the Cobh game, but there seems to have been a lot more to that than just lads being arrested- there was provocation by the Cobh stewards

Was at the Cork game and saw nothing, did hear the Cork fans tried to start but that was about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

This thread has quickly gone from praising the team for qualifying for Europe to discussing trouble in our away support. Hmm...

Anyway, I'm not denying there has been a (very) few incidents over the last year or so, but the vast majority of our travelling fans are a credit to the club.

I don't get to too many away matches, but I was at Bohs last week. It was by far the most laid back away experience I've had in a while. No searches at the turnstiles, no segregation from home fans - we were just asked to make our way to block A - including at half time and full time. Not a hint of negative atmosphere from any side. I think being treated like that is based on previous reputation, and should be seen as a huge endorsement to those fans that travel week in week out.

noby wrote: »
    This thread has quickly gone from praising the team for qualifying for Europe to discussing trouble in our away support. Hmm...

Anyway, I'm not denying there has been a (very) few incidents over the last year or so, but the vast majority of our travelling fans are a credit to the club.

I don't get to too many away matches, but I was at Bohs last week. It was by far the most laid back away experience I've had in a while. No searches at the turnstiles, no segregation from home fans - we were just asked to make our way to block A - including at half time and full time. Not a hint of negative atmosphere from any side. I think being treated like that is based on previous reputation, and should be seen as a huge endorsement to those fans that travel week in week out.

only away game i got to was the UCD cup game and from what i saw our away support was in brillent form and caused no troube all ages too from children/teenagers too older people

Id expect a huge support to travel to Rovers next week as it could be a massive game (thankfully Europe is not on the line)

2-1 loss for is tonight and Rovers win with a late goal away too St Pats meaning they now move 3pts in front of us again in 3rd with a sizable goal difference too

Long shot but 3rd is still there for us but we have too beat Rovers and Limerick and then hope on the last night Sligo beat or draw with Rovers.

Win or draw for rovers next week will guarantee them 3rd place

Suppose it's about pride now too finish off this excellent season and what ever position we end up in were in Europe anyway (bar UEFA acting dickheads and not giving us the go ahead)

Well, I’ve been at about 90% of the away games. The incident at the rovers game had nothing to do with the Block E lads.

I’ve “friends” who’ve been on the buses and they’ve never mentioned any of the stuff above especially any racist chanting, and would find that hard to believe give the ethnic make up of the team

After the Rovers away game, the stewards and Gardaí were thanking all supporters on the way out for the way they behaved

I wasn’t at the Cobh game, but there seems to have been a lot more to that than just lads being arrested- there was provocation by the Cobh stewards

Was at the Cork game and saw nothing, did hear the Cork fans tried to start but that was about it

Yeah it’s amazing how something happens and is blamed on block e straight away, that Rovers incident takes the cake, literally nothing to do with block e, ye all have to remember block e has a nucleus of people who went to games and ran the group the last few years, now numbers have tripled and more this season. I can tell you that block e run their own private members bus each away game and those members have not been anything to do with any trouble this year.

Everyone should be careful before they go stereotyping people **cough Gardner**

First of all great crowd tonight 2487 people at the game. Sadly could not make it myself but great to see such a big crowd. Hopefully we get 3/4000 in the RSC in the near future. Not sure how true it is but the offical capacity of the RSC is 8000 ???

Where can we strengthen the squad for 2019 ???

Duffus is only on loan and might not be back ??so we need a new forward or too anyway. Goalkeepers need to be strengthened too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

First of all great crowd tonight 2487 people at the game. Sadly could not make it myself but great to see such a big crowd. Hopefully we get 3/4000 in the RSC in the near future. Not sure how true it is but the offical capacity of the RSC is 8000 ???

Duffus is only on loan and might not be back ??so we need a new forward or too anyway. Goalkeepers need to be strengthened too

Connor is a great keeper, Christ knows why he was dropped because he didn't do anything wrong.

Connor is a great keeper, Christ knows why he was dropped because he didn't do anything wrong.

Agree, also I think the team selection last night was strange to put it midly.

I also see why Wilson wasn’t picked up to now

Two lads up front were very poor as well.
    Don’t know why Akinade was so upset about being taken off cos he did nothing all night, as for Duffus, less said the better

Once again we were caught with a set piece for the first

Why was Keegan and Galvin dropped

I thought Dessie was excellent when he came on and so was Galvin

Dessie’s goes was one of the best we’ve scored all season

Overall though very poor performance in front of a large crowd, it looked like they’ve settled for fourth

I’d say we need at least six decent signings for next season.

But we’ve done well, Europe is secured, but it’s going to be harder next year, two good teams coming up so we can’t rest on our laurels

Will Reynolds be there? Personally I’d like to see a change but maybe he’ll be given time before a decision is made

Agree, also I think the team selection last night was strange to put it midly.

I also see why Wilson wasn’t picked up to now

Two lads up front were very poor as well.
    Don’t know why Akinade was so upset about being taken off cos he did nothing all night, as for Duffus, less said the better

Once again we were caught with a set piece for the first

Why was Keegan and Galvin dropped

I thought Dessie was excellent when he came on and so was Galvin

Dessie’s goes was one of the best we’ve scored all season

Overall though very poor performance in front of a large crowd, it looked like they’ve settled for fourth

I’d say we need at least six decent signings for next season.

But we’ve done well, Europe is secured, but it’s going to be harder next year, two good teams coming up so we can’t rest on our laurels

Will Reynolds be there? Personally I’d like to see a change but maybe he’ll be given time before a decision is made

Akinade is the worst "footballer" I've ever seen. A striker who doesnt know how to score a goal , cant hold up the ball, can't pass the ball and doesn't win much in the air either considering his size. Baffling signing considering all the negative baggage and attention that came aswell. Am i right in saying he extended his contract earlier in the season with Hery too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I was told it was just over 5000 capacity and that came from someone working down there.

We need a quality striker and good wingers. If we have a poor bench next season our foray into Europe will struggle to get beyond the first game.

Duffus is like a guy who couldn't be arsed anymore.

dk1982 wrote: »
    Akinade is the worst "footballer" I've ever seen. A striker who doesnt know how to score a goal , cant hold up the ball, can't pass the ball and doesn't win much in the air either considering his size. Baffling signing considering all the negative baggage and attention that came aswell. Am i right in saying he extended his contract earlier in the season with Hery too?

Yip, hopefully they get a few bob for him, but he’ll be hard to get rid of

Really missed Aborah last night as well

alta stare wrote: »
    I was told it was just over 5000 capacity and that came from someone working down there.

We need a quality striker and good wingers. If we have a poor bench next season our foray into Europe will struggle to get beyond the first game.

Duffus is like a guy who couldn't be arsed anymore.

They all looked like that to be honest, can’t understand the changes either.

Negative back passing and didn’t look like they had a gameplan, two awful goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Dundalk were very good in fairness, i thought Mceleney ran the show last night in midfield.

Boooourns wrote: »
    Dundalk were very good in fairness, i thought Mceleney ran the show last night in midfield.

They were and even more worrying was that they didn’t have to over exert themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

They were and even more worrying was that they didn’t have to over exert themselves

Ah it's a real end of the season stuff, they have Europe so probably switched off.
    What worried me a bit was we never really changed or really done anything tactically to get at them until the goal, Dundalk took over posession from about the 20min after a bright start from us.

• Advertisement

Yip, hopefully they get a few bob for him, but he’ll be hard to get rid of

Really missed Aborah last night as well

They won't get a cent for him and Bohs only team that would br arsed taking him back given they've already dealt with the baggage. He wouldnt get near their team now though

Advertisement