Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Boooourns wrote: »
    Ah it's a real end of the season stuff, they have Europe so probably switched off.
    What worried me a bit was we never really changed or really done anything tactically to get at them until the goal, Dundalk took over posession from about the 20min after a bright start from us.

Yeah, from the off it felt like this is gonna be poor match, end of season stuff maybe, players MAYBE didn't look too bothered, dundalk a better team too and looked in control, add in injuries meant game didn't flow at all. Hopefully a better showing last game of season. Good to see guard of honour for champions and well clapped by fans, maybe two dopes booed but quickly shut up. Euro game next year is just fantastic result at end of day, season, all that matters really.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

dk1982 wrote: »
    Akinade is the worst "footballer" I've ever seen. A striker who doesnt know how to score a goal , cant hold up the ball, can't pass the ball and doesn't win much in the air either considering his size. Baffling signing considering all the negative baggage and attention that came aswell. Am i right in saying he extended his contract earlier in the season with Hery too?

Agreed, he's really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2-0 down too Rovers

Looks like 4th place it is

Rovers 3- Waterford 1 FT

So Rovers now move 6pts clear and secure 3rd place while we are guaranteed 4th place

Limerick at home next week to end the season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

4th is a great achievement this season.
    Congratulation to all concerned!

Hopefully they will be able to relax and get a win next game to finish off the season on a high note.

:D

• Advertisement

4th is a great achievement this season.
    Congratulation to all concerned!

Hopefully they will be able to relax and get a win next game to finish off the season on a high note.

:D

Limerick are our bogey team so we need to give them a good hammering

Possibly they will have there 2nd team out as they have to play Finn Harps in the relagation/promotion playoff a few days after our game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Well, I’ve been at about 90% of the away games. The incident at the rovers game had nothing to do with the Block E lads.

I’ve “friends” who’ve been on the buses and they’ve never mentioned any of the stuff above especially any racist chanting, and would find that hard to believe give the ethnic make up of the team

After the Rovers away game, the stewards and Gardaí were thanking all supporters on the way out for the way they behaved

I wasn’t at the Cobh game, but there seems to have been a lot more to that than just lads being arrested- there was provocation by the Cobh stewards

Was at the Cork game and saw nothing, did hear the Cork fans tried to start but that was about it

back to this.

few of us had a great discussion about this thread on Friday night at the game and got a great laugh from it.
    firstly, the 2 lads involved were members of the BSC and also Block E. PM me if you want their names.
    Secondly, the song that was sang over and over again by these so called supporters was "Down in Alabama" which is a racist chant that has been sung for years by bigot groups.

now to get back to Friday nights game. We were a complete joke. Ever since our mid season crash we have been bang average. the diamond formation was found out halfway through the season. Lee Power's target was always european football this season and not as many people say, to avoid relegation. anyone who thinks that is a sheep to the WFC pat on the back brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

How many of the panel will be kept for next season ? For me

Corbett and Connor as back up.
    Feely.
    Hery
    Holohan
    Martin
    Puri
    Aborah
    Hunt
    Hutchinson
    Akinade
    The rest for me are too old or just not good enough. Akinade has already signed but for me has been terrible bar a few games.

molby wrote: »

Feely.
    Hery
    Holohan
    Martin
    Puri
    Aborah
    Hunt
    Hutchinson
    Akinade
    The rest for me are too old or just not good enough. Akinade has already signed but for me has been terrible bar a few games.

Why did we sign Wilson and the Latvian guy ??

They barely played

We do need a few new players next season and hopefully European football will attract

Feely.
    Hery
    Holohan
    Martin
    Puri
    Aborah
    Hunt
    Hutchinson
    Akinade

Akinade wouldn't be on my list, 1st out the door actually.
    I'd add fletch, galvin and comerford to that list,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

cococoady wrote: »

Feely.
    Hery
    Holohan
    Martin
    Puri
    Aborah
    Hunt
    Hutchinson
    Akinade

Akinade wouldn't be on my list, 1st out the door actually.
    I'd add fletch, galvin and comerford to that list,

The amazing reveal of Akinades innocence still hasn't arised so hope he goes.

Deiseen wrote: »
    The amazing reveal of Akinades innocence still hasn't arised so hope he goes.

The only reason I'd want him gone is he's useless. Nothing to do with the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

He’s signed up for next year anyway, he’s been muck this year though.

For anyone that is interested

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=270882523556285&id=190900034887868

Hope all players take it easy if u knw what I mean ha

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Gardner wrote: »
    back to this.

few of us had a great discussion about this thread on Friday night at the game and got a great laugh from it.
    firstly, the 2 lads involved were members of the BSC and also Block E. PM me if you want their names.
    Secondly, the song that was sang over and over again by these so called supporters was "Down in Alabama" which is a racist chant that has been sung for years by bigot groups.

now to get back to Friday nights game. We were a complete joke. Ever since our mid season crash we have been bang average. the diamond formation was found out halfway through the season. Lee Power's target was always european football this season and not as many people say, to avoid relegation. anyone who thinks that is a sheep to the WFC pat on the back brigade

Do you ever stop? I literally said that block e run their own private members bus and you blame supposed racist chanting on the BSC bus on Block E!😂😂 some lad you!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    For anyone that is interested

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=270882523556285&id=190900034887868

Hope all players take it easy if u knw what I mean ha

no i don't, go on tell us! :confused:

Ignore my message than Gardner good lad. Halloween must be coming at the right time now cause the amount of nightmares you are having recently is on another level. :)

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Ignore my message than Gardner good lad. Halloween must be coming at the right time now cause the amount of nightmares you are having recently is on another level. :)

oooohhh so block e run their own buses that are not associated with the BSC?? even though they use the same travel no. :D
    next you tell me the block e lads are not members of the BSC :D

oooohhh so block e run their own buses that are not associated with the BSC?? even though they use the same travel no. :D
    next you tell me the block e lads are not members of the BSC :D

Ohhhhh that’s exactly what I’m saying. Block E run their own buses separate from the BSC. Is that hard to understand or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

He has an obsession with the block e lads. Best leave him alone to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I dont get why anyone would want to be up in block e given you cant even see the goal from there. Silly for the stand to stop where it does.

alta stare wrote: »
    I dont get why anyone would want to be up in block e given you cant even see the goal from there. Silly for the stand to stop where it does.

Never been up there for a full match. went up there about 4 years ago on a wet night about a hour before kick off as i was down early from Dublin where i was working at the time. always thought it was strange or where they always put there for obvious reasons? much prefered the old bank years ago and then sat in block B before the new stand was built. New stand is head and shoulders above the old stand and you can barely hear the gob****es repeatedly sing the same songs

Never been up there for a full match. went up there about 4 years ago on a wet night about a hour before kick off as i was down early from Dublin where i was working at the time. always thought it was strange or where they always put there for obvious reasons? much prefered the old bank years ago and then sat in block B before the new stand was built. New stand is head and shoulders above the old stand and you can barely hear the gob****es repeatedly sing the same songs

I go to the new stand myself. I agree with the songs that they come out with sometimes are fair stupid and not very family friendly but to be fair they do create an atmosphere when they are not being knobs.

I go to the new stand myself. I agree with the songs that they come out with sometimes are fair stupid and not very family friendly but to be fair they do create an atmosphere when they are not being knobs.

that be tough :D
    think we have upset a few lads here. few PM's asking who the lads are who were causing trouble. they will have some craic finding out who Mockey Dower and Johnny Tierney are :D
    this thread is nearly as good as the waterford gaa thread for trolling fellas

that be tough :D
    think we have upset a few lads here. few PM's asking who the lads are who were causing trouble. they will have some craic finding out who Mockey Dower and Johnny Tierney are :D
    this thread is nearly as good as the waterford gaa thread for trolling fellas

Well i stopped going over to the old stand because of the idiotic chants. I dont want my kids listening to it when watching a match. I do like the noise they make if only they could cut out some of the ****e they chant then there would be no complaints from me.

I see there is a debate about them causing trouble and to be fair iv never seen that side of them.

Well i stopped going over to the old stand because of the idiotic chants. I dont want my kids listening to it when watching a match. I do like the noise they make if only they could cut out some of the ****e they chant then there would be no complaints from me.

I see there is a debate about them causing trouble and to be fair iv never seen that side of them.

same as, have 2 young lads and only bring them up every second or third game and would be selective about what game i was bringing them to.

as in terms of the block e boys,oh they caused trouble all right. few beauties and i seen a few over the past 30 years

same as, have 2 young lads and only bring them up every second or third game and would be selective about what game i was bringing them to.

as in terms of the block e boys,oh they caused trouble all right. few beauties and i seen a few over the past 30 years

I dont doubt you but to be fair alot of clubs have fans like that. It is pathetic to see grown men act like that but hey some humans are assholes in many various ways and football supporters seem to be good at such goings on.

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh that’s exactly what I’m saying. Block E run their own buses separate from the BSC. Is that hard to understand or something?

shock horror

John-OShea-poster.png

• Advertisement

JOSH for manager :)

Advertisement