Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jimbojazz wrote: »
    Press conference scheduled for tomorrow cancelled, queue the conspiracy theories

there selling the club

We got/didnt get our UEFA licene for take part in the Europa League 19/20 qulafiers

new signings /new sponsors

could be anything

Yip, we’ll have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dates for Europa League 19/20 qualufers. First and Second Round draws take place on 18th/19th June 2019. All Irish teams enter from the 1st Round

Prem Round First Leg- Tues 25/Weds 26th and Thurs 27th June
    Prem Round Second Leg- Tues 2nd/ Weds 3rd and Thurs 4th July

1st Round Qualfying First leg- Tues 9th/Weds 10th and Thurs 11th July
    1st Round Qualfying second leg- Tues 16th/Weds 17th and Thurs 18th July

2nd Round Qualfying First leg- Tues 23rd/Weds 24th and Thurs 25th July
    2nd Round Qualfying Second Leg- Tues 30th/Weds 31st July and Thurs 1st Aug

3rd Round Qualfying First Leg- Tues 6th/Weds 7th and Thurs 8th Aug
    3rd Round Qualfying Second Leg- Tues 13th/ Weds 14th and Thurs 15th Aug

Playoff Round First Leg- Tues 20th/ Weds 21st and Thurs 22nd Aug
    Playoff Round Second Leg- Tues 27th/ Weds 28th and Thurs 29th Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

there selling the club

We got/didnt get our UEFA licene for take part in the Europa League 19/20 qulafiers

new signings /new sponsors

could be anything

nothing to sell, we don't have any assets

license won't be a problem for Europa League

sponsors already sorted, players maybe (hopefully a striker)

id say it could be got to do with a development in conjunction with the council or link to a club in England. its defo a positive announcement if you read between the lines

The lad on Facebook who admins the page seems to think it’s positive

League starting next Friday but only 15 players signed up, or at least announced, so would need to get a move on soon

Looking at other clubs announcements in the last few days and the players they’re bringing in is fairly impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Weird how quite things are, we had a few good trialists the other day and rumours were going around one or two of them were signed. But still nothing. I hope it’s more mind games rather than anything else. See if we delayed signing players as long as possible to surprise Rovers. That’s what I hope and it’s probably an optimistic outlook. Hopefully there’s news soon because fans are getting fed up.

• Advertisement

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Weird how quite things are, we had a few good trialists the other day and rumours were going around one or two of them were signed. But still nothing. I hope it’s more mind games rather than anything else. See if we delayed signing players as long as possible to surprise Rovers. That’s what I hope and it’s probably an optimistic outlook. Hopefully there’s news soon because fans are getting fed up.

I'm hearing a few Swindon loanees about to be announced, plus that striker who played on Saturday is being mentioned (not definite yet tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think most LOI clubs, bar Dundalk, were all pretty much still searching for a striker or two before the season starts.

It seems as though a few clubs might be tempted to take a gamble on lads as they haven't much to lose/alternative options.

The likes of Amond playing for Newport in League 2 rather than a LOI club is a good yardstick of where things are at currently. And you can see why as he's put himself in the shop window now with their cup run.

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think most LOI clubs, bar Dundalk, were all pretty much still searching for a striker or two before the season starts.

It seems as though a few clubs might be tempted to take a gamble on lads as they haven't much to lose/alternative options.

The likes of Amond playing for Newport in League 2 rather than a LOI club is a good yardstick of where things are at currently. And you can see why as he's put himself in the shop window now with their cup run.

Yeah it’s easy for people to say we need a striker badly who can score 20 goals. Only one player got over 20 last year with next best being 14. Strikers are a dying breed in this league

I'm hearing a few Swindon loanees about to be announced, plus that striker who played on Saturday is being mentioned (not definite yet tho)

the swindon squad is desperate. i hope your wrong

Gardner wrote: »
    the swindon squad is desperate. i hope your wrong

Agree, but I've heard it form a reliable source.

• Advertisement

Micheal Crowe the former Ipswich and current Preston goalkeeper played on trial vs Bray last week was meant to be as good as signed but an injury to Preston’s first choice has ended his hopes of signing and the Preston manager confirmed this today. I presume this leaves us in a very bad position goalkeeper wise as we probably have to get back into the market and find another one and arrange the deal so we are back to square one on trying to find a keeper, and deals are something we are really dragging out in this window as Scott Allardice found out. Is it time to start officially worrying? Or am I worrying for nothing?

Some good news at last, we’ve signed Karolis Chevudkas from Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Some good news at last, we’ve signed Karolis Chevudkas from Dundalk

Got an email about that, is he any good and where does he play?
    I'm imagine he's good if coming from dundalk and an international.speak of international, hopefully Puri can kick on this year too, great potential, pity about injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Max Powers wrote: »
    I'm imagine he's good if coming from dundalk and an international.speak of international, hopefully Puri can kick on this year too, great potential, pity about injury.

Puri has signed for a club back home in Estonia. It was officially announced today but most didn't expect him back anyway as he hadn't been signed up . Hope there are a few more signings before next Friday. We definitely need a good striker but they seem to be hard to find.

Max Powers wrote: »

Holding midfield, will sit behind Lunney/Duggan and Hery. He’s rated very well in Dundalk but didn’t feature much in the second half of the season due to injuries. I think this really is a great signing if he stays fit

announcement today on signings I believe

announcement today on signings I believe

Nothing yet anyway

The new away jersey was launched and there's a supporters night tonight in the greenway manor hotel

Nothing yet anyway

The new away jersey was launched and there's a supporters night tonight in the greenway manor hotel

Yip, all they said about the launch night was that there may be new faces there, but that could also refer to the new lads they've announced already.

Be hoping for some announcements this week though, given there's only 16 players in the squad so far.

Yip, all they said about the launch night was that there may be new faces there, but that could also refer to the new lads they've announced already.

Be hoping for some announcements this week though, given there's only 16 players in the squad so far.

Probably was something to do with the new jersey that was announced today. all i was told was that there would be an announcement today.

Probably was something to do with the new jersey that was announced today. all i was told was that there would be an announcement today.

Hopefully

• Advertisement

Not sure what attracts overseas players too much league of Ireland ???

Surely there's more money/opportunities going in larger parts of Europe and the English leagues

The Soccer world is broad is probably a understatement

Not sure what attracts overseas players too much league of Ireland ???

Surely there's more money/opportunities going in larger parts of Europe and the English leagues

The Soccer world is broad is probably a understatement

huh? :confused:

Hopefully

we got a keeper anyway so what i was told was correct. from last nights launch rumours were flying about about Rennie refusing players from Swindon and he has instead put forward 2 players to the club who are dragging their heels. 1 is a striker and the other is a defender.

we got a keeper anyway so what i was told was correct. from last nights launch rumours were flying about about Rennie refusing players from Swindon and he has instead put forward 2 players to the club who are dragging their heels. 1 is a striker and the other is a defender.

He's been knocked back on a number of players that he put forward. I've heard that four from Swindon are on the way, just have to wait and see what pans out.

He's been knocked back on a number of players that he put forward. I've heard that four from Swindon are on the way, just have to wait and see what pans out.

if they cant get a game for Swindon what chances do they have here. League 2 in my opinion is below LOI

if they cant get a game for Swindon what chances do they have here. League 2 in my opinion is below LOI

Also, remember who the assistant manager is there, so we don’t know what pressure Rennie is under to take these

Poster on FB says Cian Collins signed form Rovers, and a Russian U21 Mikhail Ageev also signed (also states on transfer market that he's signed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

L2 is a full time league. LOI isn't.
    There also just aren't any Harps and UCD type teams in it either.
    You also have to consider the alarming rate former LOI stars have dropped out of the English league system over the last few years.

• Advertisement

Poster on FB says Cian Collins signed form Rovers, and a Russian U21 Mikhail Ageev also signed (also states on transfer market that he's signed)

don't have faceache but a quick google shows a rovers player who never made a senior appearance and a Russian guy in and out of the underage setup. :eek:

Advertisement