Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Look a like 2 good loan signings for the blues last night, Aaron drinan is back from Ipswich and a lad called Scott Twine from Swindon, both on loan until the summer, both forwards. Badly needed but Looks like a good bit of business before the big kick off tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Look a like 2 good loan signings for the blues last night, Aaron drinan is back from Ipswich and a lad called Scott Twine from Swindon, both on loan until the summer, both forwards. Badly needed but Looks like a good bit of business before the big kick off tomorrow night

Wonder will some of the loan signings get extensions and stay on for Europe ??

Won't make the game tomorrow but hoping too see a lot of sofascore updates of Waterford goals. Id take a draw. Have a feeling Rovers will be serious challengers for the title this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does WLR ever do live coverage of home games?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Does WLR ever do live coverage of home games?

No they will not do any home games, probably affect attendances. They have confirmed they will do every away game this season which is great. Matt Keane will do updates for home games

1st phase fixtures

15th Feb- Shamrock Rovers (H)
    Fri 22nd Feb- Cork City (A)
    Mon 25th Feb- Derry City (A)
    Fri 1st Mar- Bohs (H)
    Fri 8th Mar- Dundalk (A)
    Fri 15th Mar- St Pats (H)
    Sat 23rd Mar- Sligo Rovers (A)
    Fri 29th Mar- Finn Harps (H0
    Fri 5th Apr- UCD (A)

Phase 2 starts on Fri 12th Apr with Shamrock Rovers (A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Bloody hell...sloppy to give away that point.enjoyable game besides that, great turnout. Keep the faith lads and ladies

Heart breaking result and with our fixture list not getting any easier for us

Didn't make the game but great crowd and it may be hard for non season ticket holders too get tickets to the home European game in July

Stats tonight aren't pretty for us and I think Rovers have a serious chance of winning the league this season

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Pretty poor tonight in front a massive crowd. Seemed to play for a draw from the start. Great free kick but that was it. Passing was dreadful, team at present is way weaker than last season.

Need to drastically improve on that performance or we could be in trouble

But only the 1st game so not panic stations yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Rovers got off to a flier, and we were hanging on for 20 minutes, then went up and scored a great free kick.
    We came into it a bit more after that, but seemed a little more nervy than Rovers.

Reading the FB comments, I'm obviously on my own thinking bringing on Kouogun was a good move. It meant Feely pushed up the wing, where he was more dangerous. It also meant we went one up top, and five in midfield, where Hery and Duggan were being overrun all night. To end the game with two unused subs seemed strange, as some fresh legs surely would have helped.
    Still, while it was disappointing, we were one kick away from a draw.
    I liked what I saw from Duggan and Lynch. Delaney and Fletch could be a great partnership; ignoring his wobbles at Cork, he is a very good player.I thought Izzy had a good game, and was so unlucky not to score.

http://www.iconsports.ie/waterford-fc-booking-form/4594543597

Handy for anyone planning too travel next summer

Prob won't make the away leg but hoping I'll pick up a ticket for the home tie

I wonder will they add temporary seating behind the goals for the games. Surely huge interest from all fans too go to the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Don't get the whole travel agent thing in the modern day of the Internet! secure your own flights and accom always works out cheaper. securing a charter flight wont work as it will be more expensive than a serviced route as the plane is charged for sitting on the runway. if we get an eastern european team, be lucky if 100-150 make the trip. different story if we draw a team from the North or Wales etc. are we seeded or unseeded?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Will match tickets only go through the club? Would be interested in going to the away leg - dependent on where it is I guess. But was wondering the likelihood of getting a match ticket if not a season ticket holder.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Will match tickets only go through the club? Would be interested in going to the away leg - dependent on where it is I guess. But was wondering the likelihood of getting a match ticket if not a season ticket holder.

We're an unseeded team so may get a harder draw and won't play Welsh or Northern Irish teams. May still get a Scottish team though

Prob depends on the stadium size of our opponents. Bigger clubs like the Swedish/Polish/Scottish etc leagues would have bigger stadiums

You knw we will draw someone in the back arse of nowhere

The home match could be hard to get tickets for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

tickets will be no bother for home game i think if you fall into the categories below:

they should offer the following breakdown

1. corporate/players/families
    2. season ticket holders
    3. Blues supporters club
    4. others

Gardner wrote: »
    tickets will be no bother for home game i think if you fall into the categories below:

2. season ticket holders
    3. Blues supporters club
    4. others

Hope my bsc membership will be enough. I presume they'll stick in a temporary stand or something if the demand is there?

noby wrote: »
    Hope my bsc membership will be enough. I presume they'll stick in a temporary stand or something if the demand is there?

Not sure does the BSC have anything too do with ticket allocations or if there affiliated with the club in that aspect

Would they fit temp stands behind the 2 goals with all the athletics equipment and stuff there ???

The BSC mentioned something on FB.

As for stand behind goals, they had them there before, but crossing the new running track would be an issue I guess.

The BSC mentioned something on FB.

As for stand behind goals, they had them there before, but crossing the new running track would be an issue I guess.

Attached an overhead image I found

It looks possible but they would have to do a bit of work with barriers and entrances etc

2. season ticket holders
    3. Blues supporters club
    4. others

I think it said on website before Christmas that the premium season ticket holder would have priority, didn't say anything for the normal season ticket holder. Did you see/hear something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

2. season ticket holders
    3. Blues supporters club
    4. others

Supporters club and season ticket holders have first shout for the tickets, which is the way it should be.

• Advertisement

Supporters club and season ticket holders have first shout for the tickets, which is the way it should be.

Too right

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Hope my BSC membership will be enough. I presume they'll stick in a temporary stand or something if the demand is there?

Season Ticket holders will be offered first option as is the same with every club worldwide. BCS members will then have an allocation so definitely worth joining up for €10 if you have not already. After this there will be general sale with whatever it is left.

The club are looking at temporary seating for the European game but it will have to be satisfactory for UEFA. We will hopefully need the additional seats if attendances continue. Last week saw almost 4200 at the Rovers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Bluezar wrote: »
    Season Ticket holders will be offered first option as is the same with every club worldwide. BCS members will then have an allocation so definitely worth joining up for €10 if you have not already. After this there will be general sale with whatever it is left.

The club are looking at temporary seating for the European game but it will have to be satisfactory for UEFA. We will hopefully need the additional seats if attendances continue. Last week saw almost 4200 at the Rovers game.

Not sure how easy it is to satisfy UEFA. Something similar to Pats "temporary" stand would be needed.

We must of done something wrong to the fixture planner in the space of 4 days we play away too Cork City (tomorrow) and then on Monday night we face Derry City away

Opposite ends of the country

great result tonight 2-0 win against Cork City in Turners Cross

not much time too celebrate with the long trip too Derry City on Monday night

Wow....Great result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

PTH2009 wrote: »
    great result tonight 2-0 win against Cork City in Turners Cross

not much time too celebrate with the long trip too Derry City on Monday night

Good result alright and it was needed. I know it was only the second game but a defeat would of had us on the back foot. A win in Derry on Monday will do the team a world of good for confidence.

Cork are in a bit of bother. Another couple of results like that and id say Caulfield will be gone. They have gone stale under him.

Another draw for Dundalk. Same start as last season so they wont be worried.

Rovers have had the perfect start. Its seems to be a feeling of now or never with them and Bradley. They might just put in a good challenge this season.

I expect us to have a top 5 finish. I predict a finish like this:

Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers
    Cork (if Caulfield goes)
    Bohs
    Waterford

alta stare wrote: »
    Good result alright and it was needed. I know it was only the second game but a defeat would of had us on the back foot. A win in Derry on Monday will do the team a world of good for confidence.

Cork are in a bit of bother. Another couple of results like that and id say Caulfield will be gone. They have gone stale under him.

Another draw for Dundalk. Same start as last season so they wont be worried.

Rovers have had the perfect start. Its seems to be a feeling of now or never with them and Bradley. They might just put in a good challenge this season.

I expect us to have a top 5 finish. I predict a finish like this:

Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers
    Cork (if Caulfield goes)
    Bohs
    Waterford

Way too early to be calling time on caulfield or saying they have gone stale, its two games, fully expect CC to be in top 3, not too much different to yourself in terms of predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Max Powers wrote: »
    Way too early to be calling time on caulfield or saying they have gone stale, its two games, fully expect CC to be in top 3, not too much different to yourself in terms of predictions.

Ask any Cork fan what they think of their manager. Since they won the league they have gone backwards. The fans arent happy Max and i can see Caulfield gone. Alot of their fans have been very critical of their manager and it isnt just happening because of two games this season. Watch the heat come on Caulfield if they loose their next game.

• Advertisement

alta stare wrote: »
    Ask any Cork fan what they think of their manager. Since they won the league they have gone backwards. The fans arent happy Max and i can see Caulfield gone. Alot of their fans have been very critical of their manager and it isnt just happening because of two games this season. Watch the heat come on Caulfield if they loose their next game.
    I haven't spoken to any cork fans, just seems a bit premature, they came second against a very good dundalk, I think they could shoot themselves in the foot if like you say/hear comes true. I suppose worth reminding ourselves that a lot of football fans can be over critical, unbalanced, impatient, fantasists.

Advertisement