Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Gardner wrote: »
    I agree entirely with you. Not only is it the Club but it's also the Supporters Clubs. it was the same craic going on in the 80's and 90's. No matter what the club do wrong the Supporters Clubs are behind them. I didn't realise we had 4 listed on Wiki. not one of them have come out and stated they don't agree or partially don't agree with the statement. i wish one of them would and give us 'the ordinary fans' a voice. Lee Power has really let our Club down with this fiasco. :(

Everything is a fiasco with you, the statement about JD, the supporters are disgrace, its pathetic over reaction and Irish bad mouthing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Max Powers wrote: »
    Everything is a fiasco with you, the statement about JD, the supporters are disgrace, its pathetic over reaction and Irish bad mouthing

I think he's looking for an excuse not to go to games now that we're on a bad run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

If anyone thinks it's over just because someone comes on here and says it is then that's just simply gullible.

Indo journalist confirmed to Pat's committee member that up until 5pm today that the matter hasn't been resolved. Pat's have a meeting next week with the FAI and Uefa delegate will be present. The license will be issued at the end of April / early May. Same journo confirmed that Waterford have been in touch and will be notified of the decision in due course.
    the debts been talked about are Collins pending court case and 2 other smaller debts which were believed to be paid off previously during the take over.

John Fallon who broke this story hasn't updated his Twitter account so this so called rumour that it had been sorted quite simply isn't true as he had the inside information at the start. We will wait for this meeting next week before I believe what is posted above

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

If anyone thinks it's over just because someone comes on here and says it is then that's just simply gullible.

Indo journalist confirmed to Pat's committee member that up until 5pm today that the matter hasn't been resolved. Pat's have a meeting next week with the FAI and Uefa delegate will be present. The license will be issued at the end of April / early May. Same journo confirmed that Waterford have been in touch and will be notified of the decision in due course.
    the debts been talked about are Collins pending court case and 2 other smaller debts which were believed to be paid off previously during the take over.

John Fallon who broke this story hasn't updated his Twitter account so this so called rumour that it had been sorted quite simply isn't true as he had the inside information at the start. We will wait for this meeting next week before I believe what is posted above

No one say it was over. I just pointed out the actual rules rather than the inaccurate ones people have put out. The way you acted it was as if it was over and as if we done something terrible. Your behavior on this forum has been poor and childish and I can’t believe you haven’t been banned yet. I hope you stick to your promise and don’t come to Cork tomorrow or Derry in monday... or any game for that matter. The club is far better off without the likes of you coming in and trying to be the centre of doom and gloom anytime something bad happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

shanec1928 wrote: »

Gutted at the news was really looking forward too the draw, the games and the banter and what makes it worse is we might never qualify now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Absolute disaster for the club. I really don't understand how this has happened.

Rennie on record as saying the budget this season was based on European income, plus power could walk away if we are denied our place in Europe. Could be huge implications for the club now.

I thought there was to be a meeting next week, how has it been fast tracked?

That makes wufc1930 post seem absolutely ridiculous. What an absolute idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Is this linked to the FAI governance mess that's blown up?

Would they have found a way to fudge this before but couldn't now with all the scrutiny on their affairs currently?

It would seem amazing that a club could finish a season, go through pre season and start a new season without knowing what competitions they were eligible for, and what budget they would need.

What an absolute farce. Looking forward to the post mortem on this that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Wow I’ve seen some dumb things said in this page but this is just.... yeah wow.. people talking about boycotting are you serious? Why exactly haha.

Lots of people are wrongly stating rules that don’t exist. There is no “you can’t play in Europe if you’re only 3 years old” rule.

The rule states that if we want to apply for a European license and we recently changed the company (NOT THE CLUB) than the new company that now owns the club (Power Grade Ltd) must show that all previous creditors are satisfied with the monies they are owed.

If we didn’t change our name to Waterford FC I genuinely think nobody would look at this the way it is being looked at. We are still the same club being ran by a new company. We never folded. The general fans are comparing us to other clubs who folded completely and never paid the debts of their old clubs. (Cork/Derry etc.) We never folded.

Dundalk had to go through this same process in 2012 when they got new owners who had the club under a different company name and they were fine. That is the situation we are in right now. Our old company owes money and the new company possessing the club right now needs to pay it.

And Stop comparing to the Derry situation cause they aren’t similar at all. Derry broke many financial fair play rules including offering double contracts and they also folded and started a brand new club.

In short if we pay off all our debts we will go to Europe. Most of the old debt of Waterford United left by John O’Sullivan and others was paid off however there are still a few debts hanging around I think l, most notably the 10k owed to Roddy Collins. Unless there’s something we aren’t being told that may prevent us going to Europe like other substantial debts (just for an example ONLY) but only time will tell on that one.

If you’d like to learn more about the rules go over to the twitter page of Reg Coppinger. She explains to lots of Dublin journalists and fans the rules in more detail throughout her tweets and replies.

Anyway my advice is after you do that stop worrying and focus on what’s a huge game tomorrow and stop talking nonsense about non existing rules and “Lee Power letting us down” and “the regime”.

It’s utterly embarrassing stuff especially after Power brought us from nothing to here in just two years. Regardless of what the outcome of all this is I can nearly say for certain Lee Power is at fault for none of it.. trust me on that.

Cool story bro

• Advertisement

That makes wufc1930 post seem absolutely ridiculous. What an absolute idiot

I explained the rules accurately and we UEFA still have found a reason to not allow us a license. Under the rules I provided.

But try and get some attention out of it anyhow like you always do. I’d say you’re delighted with tonight’s news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

I explained the rules accurately and we UEFA still have found a reason to not allow us a license. Under the rules I provided.

But try and get some attention out of it anyhow like you always do. I’d say you’re delighted with tonight’s news

Is there any appeal process or is that it?

Deiseen wrote: »
    Is there any appeal process or is that it?

I actually don’t know but if there was I’d presume our chance of winning it would be quite slim..

I fear for the future of the club now

I'm actually devastated like any genuine fan.

Gutted actually

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

A horrible situation for all involved with the club, really hope this isn't the end for Lee Power who saved WFC from the brink.

Now is the time we need him most. BTID.

A horrible situation for all involved with the club, really hope this isn't the end for Lee Power who saved WFC from the brink.

Now is the time we need him most. BTID.

Can’t blame him if he walks. He has been horribly misled by the FAI.

Which is why my friend Lee Power should withdraw his statement of support to JD/FAI and a United statement of the 4 supporters club stating the absolute same. We have been made look like mugs by JD and the FAI

If the club did this today I would definitely have the young lad and I at the RSC tonight. I would do my best to drag a few with me also. We need to show some back bone. JD was in Frankfurt last night at an Leinster Senior League gig. He doesn’t care no more

Have to agree. I'm gutted, no, more heartbroken. really hoping this isn't the beginning of the end, I fear it could be if LP and club don't get some recourse here.

I'll be at the game tonight as always, I'd urge everyone to be.I could do with some cheering up, hopefully a result and win those FA cup tickets at half time would help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

wow...…

Its never dull is it ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Which is why my friend Lee Power should withdraw his statement of support to JD/FAI and a United statement of the 4 supporters club stating the absolute same. We have been made look like mugs by JD and the FAI

If the club did this today I would definitely have the young lad and I at the RSC tonight. I would do my best to drag a few with me also. We need to show some back bone. JD was in Frankfurt last night at an Leinster Senior League gig. He doesn’t care no more

Irrespective of statements would you not go to the game anyway? Support the club through thick and thin?

• Advertisement

power and co not going down without a fight. Be brillent if we appiled successfully but i imagine we would only get the money and not the Euro place though ??

https://www.waterfordfc.ie/waterford-fc-statement-uefa-licensing/

Average match here with a decent crowd

Great 2-0 win with a really improved 2nd half performance.

We are now 6th on 14pts with St Pat's in 5th on 14pts and Derry in 4th on 20pts. Cork in 7th on 11pts

A win at home on Monday against Derry would be a fantastic result and might really get us going

Badly needed boost after the license disaster

Thought it was a very good game, lots of chances, cork had the better of us in first but we were flying in second. Elbouzedi was fantastic. Fans great, I think there was a lot of emotion around and it showed when we scored, this for me was one of the best nights in the RSC, if not the best, we needed it badly and we got it. credit to players and manager, rennie was psyched I'd say, judging on his demeanour before kick off and when he came over to acknowledge fans.
    If you missed tonight, you really missed it.

They talked a bit about the licence issue near the end of tonight's RTE coverage of the Derry vs Rovers game and done an interview with Reny who sounded very dejected about the situation but made a few good points. They then interviewed St Pat's boss Harry Kenny who was a bit
    smarmy and admitted he has no sympathy for us

Pundits said the same thing about rules are rules, needing answers from the people who reassured Waterford officals about getting a licence and felt sorry for us

Well done everyone tonight, it was a night the club needed support and I’m delighted with the fans reaction. We have to stick together in times like this and we did. Everybody from the staff, players and supporters should pat themselves on the back tonight. We don’t know what the future holds but at least we shown we aren’t going anywhere.

A great win and great togetherness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They talked a bit about the licence issue near the end of tonight's RTE coverage of the Derry vs Rovers game and done an interview with Reny who sounded very dejected about the situation but made a few good points. They then interviewed St Pat's boss Harry Kenny who was a bit
    smarmy and admitted he has no sympathy for us

Pundits said the same thing about rules are rules, needing answers from the people who reassured Waterford officals about getting a licence and felt sorry for us

The best reply to all those critics is to win games. Last night was a huge win. We need LP to come out with a statement telling people he is going no where.

If he does go the club seriously needs to look at fan ownership or else we are gone as i cant see anyone else coming in to rescue us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The supporters clubs can't issue statements you moron unless they ask every member if they agree with the statement they would issue. How can they speak for everyone if everyone don't agree.

2-2 draw at home too Derry City today

Suppose not a bad result given how good Derry are playing atm and we were down 2-1 only for an injury time penalty. Bohs away on Friday next up which will no doubt be extremely tough

With the appeal too UEFA is it only for compensation or will we get too play in the qualifiers if its successful (very slim chance of it being successful I'd say) ???

• Advertisement

The supporters clubs can't issue statements you moron unless they ask every member if they agree with the statement they would issue. How can they speak for everyone if everyone don't agree.

i think you can you "moron". we are probably talking about 6 to 700 members. a simple communication to all or a call a members meeting would be sufficient. a general opinion from communication or members meeting would be sufficient. have they released anything yet anyway?

Advertisement