Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Great trip up last night. First half was very average and both sides were unlucky not to score.
    I give Rennie his due, in the second half we made the changes when needed but the system we play is all too easy for the better teams in the league to pick off. There never is a plan B but we did not need it last night. Kenny taking Forrester off was baffling. Definitely the next manager to be sacked!

How good is Rory Feely playing at the moment?

The 2 young lads were singing with the fans after Izzy scored about "**** Europa League etc etc" and I said to my lad so you didn't want to go to European tie? He said he did so I asked him why you singing it? He said I dunno! I just told him don't be like sheep when in the crowd, use your brain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

The scoreline probably flattered us but we took our chances and they didn't. First half was poor but we clicked in the second half. The wafflers on here talking about Rennie losing the dressing room weren't there I'm sure but there was a good vibe about the team and the substitutions were decisive.

There's nothing between us and Pat's and probably Cork and Sligo. It's a mini league nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title. I've seen Pat's a few times now and they're just like us - no consistency.

If the players weren't up for this game irrespective of the manager then they would be better off playing bingo.

Its a good result and a token two fingers to Pat's well i say moreso Kenny so happy days on that front. What we need now is consistency so lets see if they can manage that and to be fair that is one of the remits of the manager.

For me the most impressive thing was they won by such a margin without Hery. Positive all round. We can still make a push for Europe via the league but maybe they need to really go for the cup. Ill say it again, a 5th place finish with a cup win would be a good season considering what went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

the substitutions were decisive.

Wasn't there, just reading reports, but putting on Izzy when Simpson was injured sounds pretty decisive alright. He obviously felt they were there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Just goes to show the squad is there.. just need to go on a run, there’s no consistency in the league due to it being so hard this year, literally no easy games. I don’t think it’s stupid to say we are capable of being there or there abouts around the euro spots if we go on a run. Obviously won’t be easy. Hopefully we can kick on now and start grinding out some results

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah great result last night but bloody Dundalk who were 2-0 up on Derry didnt hold on and it finished 2-2. Were at home next Sat 11th too Sligo and is a winnable game and could be the start of a great weekend of sport in Waterford City

The Cup is going to be very hard this year and its all about the luck of the draw. Last season we were all secretly gearing up for a semi final only for UCD too deny us in the QF.

if we can scrap 4th and then 2 of the top 3 (or ourselfs and we win it) are in the cup final than were back in Europe and my god would it be sweet. Still long long way too go yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Great win last night. My first visit to Richmond Park so enjoyed the night. First half wasn't great. Drinan missed a one on one that he should have done better with. Akinade took his goal well after a great move and Elbouzedi made it two and Waterford fans were in fine voice then and showing no mercy to Pats after they took our Europa League spot. Some great defending from Feely and some luck kept it at 2 0 as Pats put the pressure on but Drinan wrapped it up with a good finish near the end. We played good attacking football in 2nd half. Simpson had his best game so far till he went off injured. Next game home to Sligo Rovers on Saturday evening at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Super result last night, really nice to go up and beat pats at home after all that has happened the last few weeks.

2 goals in 3 games for akinade, maybe he will kick on and be the goal scorer we thought we were signing. Another goal for drinan as Well, so lots of positives.

Hopefully get a good crowd next Saturday evening and another victory. Still a lot can be achieved this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Free entry for season ticket holders to under seventeen Czech Ireland match Monday. Germany v Spain Tuesday night be good too

Good crowd at match tonight, RSC looked great, good to see.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Good crowd at match tonight, RSC looked great, good to see.

Yeah good crowd there. Pity about the result. They should of beat them. Just done have the quality up front.

The Irish 6 is a good player. Plays for Coventry i think. Can't remember his name.

• Advertisement

alta stare wrote: »
    Yeah good crowd there. Pity about the result. They should of beat them. Just done have the quality up front.

The Irish 6 is a good player. Plays for Coventry i think. Can't remember his name.

Small lad? hodge, yep, outstanding player for us anyway.pity sobowale didn't get on, being local lad in all. Think he picked up injury against Greece and the wonderfully named Garcia mcnulty took his place.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Small lad? hodge, yep, outstanding player for us anyway.pity sobowale didn't get on, being local lad in all. Think he picked up injury against Greece and the wonderfully named Garcia mcnulty took his place.

Yeah him. Good player. Done well in both games so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Yeah him. Good player. Done well in both games so far.

He's some player alright, hopefully he stays with us, but I read somewhere his dad is hoping he plays for England.

jimbojazz wrote: »
    He's some player alright, hopefully he stays with us, but I read somewhere his dad is hoping he plays for England.

Jesus not another one.

Jesus not another one.

I'm trying to find the link, it was on one of the man city forums

jimbojazz wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the link, it was on one of the man city forums

If true it is just another reason why we need our own development system here.

If true it is just another reason why we need our own development system here.

100%

At home too Sligo tonight and 3pts is a must too keep close too Derry and St Pat's who drew against each other last night

Sligo are on the same points as us too

Loss tonight for us and it may be curtains for a top 4 finish

Crazy Match tonight ending in a 3-3 draw

Great entertainment last night. It could have been 5 5 with both sides having a penalty saved in 2nd half and lots of other chances. It's a pity there wasn't more there to see it though. I didn't hear an official attendance but no more than a 1000 there. Lee Power was at the game and wouldn't be happy with the lack of fans there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Rumours flying around last night that Power has done a deal with the council on the expansion of the old stand? That's why he has been around all week.

Enjoyed the game last night but again we know our level when it comes down to it. Anyone know why Hery was dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Gardner wrote: »
    Rumours flying around last night that Power has done a deal with the council on the expansion of the old stand? That's why he has been around all week.

Enjoyed the game last night but again we know our level when it comes down to it. Anyone know why Hery was dropped?

Because he’s been our worst player this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Gardner wrote: »

Is the expansion necessary?

Hery was suspended last week v St Pats and after winning 3 0 he wasn't going to get straight back into team. He didn't do that much when he came on last night anyway.
    I didn't hear those rumours about expanding the stand but if true he must have been wondering why he bothered going by the crowd of 714 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Any reason why it was a Saturday kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

iseegirls wrote: »
    Any reason why it was a Saturday kick off?

U17 international game on at the rsc friday

Away too finn harps tonight and 3pts is a must too keep us in the hunt for 4th

The supporters bus fell through for some reason so I doubt we will have much support up there tonight

3-2 loss

Disaster of a result

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Yeah really poor defeat tonight, got a good start too with Drinan scoring after 4 minutes. Even at the end to equalise in the 89th minute and concede another goal straight away is extremely disappointing. Think Rennie got a red card too, so bad night all round.

• Advertisement

FIXTURE POSTPONEMENTS: There have been a number of fixture postponements in the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division due to international call-ups; Aaron Drinan and Zack Elbouzedi part of the Republic of Ireland U21 squad:

The following Premier Division fixtures have been postponed:
    31/05 - Waterford v Shamrock Rovers
    09/06 - Cork City v Waterford
    14/06 - Derry City v Waterford

New dates for the fixtures will be announced in due course.

We really dont have a squad if we have too postpone fixtures cause of 2 guys.

Advertisement