Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Deiseen wrote: »
    I was also waiting for these documents since he arrived.

Check out the LOI banter page on FB which confirms everthing 99% of people believed all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

He's a child abuser and pleaded guilty in court. Somehow RTÉ forgot to mention this in their article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

All the people who defended him to the hilt in this thread and others when people had genuine questions are suddenly quiet now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

lassykk wrote: »
    All the people who defended him to the hilt in this thread and others when people had genuine questions are suddenly quiet now

Probably because it has already been done to death.

No point in feeding ......

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Haha all the people posting on here about Izzy... go read the legal document of his deportation case. ( it’s on the Facebook Fans page) It says fairly black and white in the document he was done for statutory offenses. In his case having sex underage, despite having consent of the girl she wasn’t technically allowed give it, so yes he was never convicted of actually raping a girl and pinning her down like it says on that racist UK database website BS.

I shouldn’t have to make this f**kin post but some of you people are ridiculously brain dead and idiotic. You could’ve done your own research and saved the time. But now you can publicly see on an OFFICIAL document he never actually raped a girl. Hope you’re happy now..

So ye know the reason I’ve been “quiet” on here is because at least half of the regular posters on here are plain and simple uneducated and idiots and tend to speak before they think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

It's called negative racism, same with RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Its fine having genuine questions but some of the posts here were borderline hysterical. Questions by people who get outraged at headlines because they dont bother reading any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Haha all the people posting on here about Izzy... go read the legal document of his deportation case. ( it’s on the Facebook Fans page) It says fairly black and white in the document he was done for statutory offenses. In his case having sex underage, despite having consent of the girl she wasn’t technically allowed give it, so yes he was never convicted of actually raping a girl and pinning her down like it says on that racist UK database website BS.

I shouldn’t have to make this f**kin post but some of you people are ridiculously brain dead and idiotic. You could’ve done your own research and saved the time. But now you can publicly see on an OFFICIAL document he never actually raped a girl. Hope you’re happy now..

So ye know the reason I’ve been “quiet” on here is because at least half of the regular posters on here are plain and simple uneducated and idiots and tend to speak before they think.

And he was deported ……

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    And he was deported ……

What’s your point? Everyone is giving out about the case he had with some girl on the thread and I know somewhat ironically states the truth of the case on his deportation file. So yeah don’t know what point you’re trying to make. There’s been lots of Nigerian people deported recently, he’s not a one off victim of that’s what you’re trying to suggest..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Scottish_Challenge_Cup

We enter in round 3 and will play our game on Sat 7th or Sun 8th Sep 2019. First team out gets home advantage. Quite possible the fans might not get an away trip

Its the international break so afaik no league of Ireland games would take place that weekend anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

What’s your point? Everyone is giving out about the case he had with some girl on the thread and I know somewhat ironically states the truth of the case on his deportation file. So yeah don’t know what point you’re trying to make. There’s been lots of Nigerian people deported recently, he’s not a one off victim of that’s what you’re trying to suggest..

Why did he get deported?

Why did he get deported?

Read the case file if you’d like to know, do I look like the daily news to you?

Read the case file if you’d like to know, do I look like the daily news to you?

Sorry, i thought this was a discussion forum!

Sorry, i thought this was a discussion forum!

This is a football forum, go do your own research maybe and stop talking about non football things!

This is a football forum, go do your own research maybe and stop talking about non football things!

This is actually the Waterford city forum, maybe the thread should be moved so you can talk about 'just football things' and either way its extremely relevant to the club.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Scottish_Challenge_Cup

We enter in round 3 and will play our game on Sat 7th or Sun 8th Sep 2019. First team out gets home advantage. Quite possible the fans might not get an away trip

Its the international break so afaik no league of Ireland games would take place that weekend anyway

I actually think this cup is more of a distraction then anything else. What purpose does it serve for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

alta stare wrote: »
    I actually think this cup is more of a distraction then anything else. What purpose does it serve for us?

€€€

This is actually the Waterford city forum, maybe the thread should be moved so you can talk about 'just football things' and either way its extremely relevant to the club.

To be fair its a thread about the club in the city forum but yeah i agree Akinade situation is relevant to the club so it should be spoken about.

The problem is though some people are just posting headlines. They arent reading about the case. This happened in this thread when he first signed. There were many hysterical posters just reading headlines which got them all hot and bothered. People had no real idea about the case, the law and the judgment yet they almost wanted the man hung drawn and quartered. But this is a typical reaction for people so it wasnt surprising. Also what else isnt surprising is some of those same people jumping back out of the woodwork to talk nonsense again.

alta stare wrote: »
    To be fair its a thread about the club in the city forum but yeah i agree Akinade situation is relevant to the club so it should be spoken about.

The problem is though some people are just posting headlines. They arent reading about the case. This happened in this thread when he first signed. There were many hysterical posters just reading headlines which got them all hot and bothered. People had no real idea about the case, the law and the judgment yet they almost wanted the man hung drawn and quartered. But this is a typical reaction for people so it wasnt surprising. Also what else isnt surprising is some of those same people jumping back out of the woodwork to talk nonsense again.

I've been on here a few times asking questions. Not just from the start or recently.

I'm not being hysterical about it either, I heard there was more to the story and heard others on here confirming it so I kept an open mind until I'd read all the facts.

Since the point where I was told that, then I haven't had the opportunity to read many facts at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Boxing.Fan wrote: »

And you will still have people that defend/make excuses for scumbags that would do that to a child !!
    Disgusting humans !! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    €€€

Is there much to be made? Is it worth it if it puts us under pressure next season?

Imo we should not enter it. We should be re focusing our efforts in getting a top 4 finish. Europe would be more beneficial than a non rated domestic cup in Scotland.

I've been on here a few times asking questions. Not just from the start or recently.

I'm not being hysterical about it either, I heard there was more to the story and heard others on here confirming it so I kept an open mind until I'd read all the facts.

Since the point where I was told that, then I haven't had the opportunity to read many facts at all.

I wasnt necessarily suggesting you yourself were but lets be honest plenty on here have been hysterical without actually reading about the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Some very weird takes on Akinade here and on other Waterford forums. Akinades leave to remain was revoked based on his criminal convictions for sexual assault, attempted defilement of a child and driving without tax or insurance.

Sexual assault contrary to S2 of the criminal law (rape) amendment act 1990 is an extremely serious charge.

You can see how the catholic church got away with so much from this reaction

This is all in the judgement on courts.ie

What I want to know is how Waterford fc had a sex offender working with kids? The court reports listed him as a moderate chance of reoffending, so how did they get Garda clearance? Did they get Garda clearance at all?

Ballso wrote: »
    Some very weird takes on Akinade here and on other Waterford forums. Akinades leave to remain was revoked based on his criminal convictions for sexual assault, attempted defilement of a child and driving without tax or insurance.

Sexual assault contrary to S2 of the criminal law (rape) amendment act 1990 is an extremely serious charge.

If I'm correct then it was a consenting relationship and he was basically a child himself/around the same age as the girl at the time. He committed a crime but people make out like he is some kind of predatory pedophile.

Would like to see court documents to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

This is all in the judgement on courts.ie

What I want to know is how Waterford fc had a sex offender working with kids? The court reports listed him as a moderate chance of reoffending, so how did they get Garda clearance? Did they get Garda clearance at all?

these 2 sections are very loose in the court document. it's how one defines it is very contentious

4. However, on 31 October 2014, the applicant appeared for sentence before Dublin Circuit Criminal Court on a plea of guilty to three separate charges comprising two counts of attempted defilement of a child under the age of 17 years, contrary to s. 3(2) of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006, and one count of sexual assault, contrary to s. 2 of the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act 1990. The convictions relate to incidents that occurred on two separate dates in March 2010 involving the same injured party. The applicant was sentenced to a concurrent term of two years’ imprisonment on each of those counts, but those sentences were each suspended for a period of three years on condition of good behaviour.

5. As the applicant acknowledges in an affidavit that he swore in these proceedings on 27 October 2017, he was one of six persons convicted of sexual offences arising out of various incidents involving the same 14-year-old complainant that occurred in February and March 2010, when the applicant was 16 years old.

If I'm correct then it was a consenting relationship and he was basically a child himself/around the same age as the girl at the time. He committed a crime but people make out like he is some kind of predatory pedophile.

Would like to see court documents to confirm.

A consenting relationship between a 14 year old child and a group of males aged 16-18. Are you serious? They took turns having sex with her in front of the others, pinned her down and caused her physical pain. The victim impact report states that the child did not consent.

A consenting relationship between a 14 year old child and a group of males aged 16-18. Are you serious? The victim impact report states that the child did not consent.

As far as I know, he wasn't part of that group and he was actually in a relationship with the girl.

Jesus this whole thing is a mess, multiple sources saying multiple different things, I don't know what to believe.

Not the victim anyway it would seem. If she was a greyhound she might have evoked more sympathy.

• Advertisement

Not the victim anyway it would seem. If she was a greyhound she might have evoked more sympathy.

Have I said I don't believe her or that none of it happened?

I want to know exactly what Akinades involvement in this was and I'm being told he wasn't part of the other gang and that he was in a 'consenting' relationship with girl I've been on here trying to find this out from the start so If you can't confirm this then don't bother replying.

Advertisement