Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Akinade entered a guilty plea and was convicted of sexual assault of a child. End of story. Why is there a debate in Waterford over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Deiseen wrote: »
    As far as I know, he wasn't part of that group and he was actually in a relationship with the girl.

Jesus this whole thing is a mess, multiple sources saying multiple different things, I don't know what to believe.

Yep its a mess and people adding their own fake outrage on Boards and the likes adds to it. Again not necessarily aimed at you.

Any person who does such things deserves punishment that we all agree on.

alta stare wrote: »

Any person who does such things deserves punishment that we all agree on.

Finally some sense

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

People sending links to the old report ffs. The report mis printed his name as being one if he group who gang raped her. That’s why the report has been deleted so many times and is only available on dodgy websites.

Let’s talk about the victim though.. since lots of experts are bringing her up in this... how many of you attend Waterford away games in Dublin. Have you been aware that the victim remains good friends with Izzy to this day. Have you been aware she’s been at Dublin based games cheering him on. She’s probably stood inches away from some of you at times. If Izzy was involved with he horrific crime committed well let’s say I doubt they’d be friends wouldn’t you. As said above Izzy name was mis printed as raping her and he got lots of money in damages for that costly mistake. What’s his involvement? I was told back when he signed he was dragged into the case because he had committed sexual acts with the girl in front of the friends as a joke type of thing. Now before ya go mad I’m not saying that’s a good thing to do however it’s a far cry away from raping someone in my opinion, it still goes down as a sexual act though and it was underage, it’s something that realistically would never be important until two animals came and raped that poor girl. That’s how he got dragged into it.

Did his sexual conviction play a role in his deportation ? Probably.. however I don’t think it was a deciding factor.. Izzy was found guilty of driving without insurance and that’s also mentioned in the file. All sorts of things tie into a deportation case like this. Izzy’s deportation case had been going on since before the incident with he girl took place and long after it too. He’s fought it for years and years and it’s only now he has lost.

Jesus Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ballso wrote: »
    Jesus Christ

You seem to have an agenda here. You've only set up your account for the sole purpose of trying Akinade on here and criticising anyone who dares try to offer any context to the charges that differ to your single-minded opinion. None of us know for sure what happened. He's gone now. Good luck to him or good riddance to him - you decide. Either way, there's no point in rehashing all of this just to get all high and mighty.

There's a game of ball tonight against Bohs. Good luck to the team. Fans unite.

gscully wrote: »
    You seem to have an agenda here. You've only set up your account for the sole purpose of trying Akinade on here and criticising anyone who dares try to offer any context to the charges that differ to your single-minded opinion. None of us know for sure what happened. He's gone now. Good luck to him or good riddance to him - you decide. Either way, there's no point in rehashing all of this just to get all high and mighty.

There's a game of ball tonight against Bohs. Good luck to the team. Fans unite.

I know what happened. Akinade was convicted of sexual assault of a child and a bunch of rape apologists are trying to downplay it. Watch your kids around that football club lest yours be passed around for sex acts as a 'joke kind of thing'. Sick ****s

I know what happened. Akinade was convicted of sexual assault of a child and a bunch of rape apologists are trying to downplay it. Watch your kids around that football club lest yours be passed around for sex acts as a 'joke kind of thing'. Sick ****s

Ignore the facts and stick to the mis truths very good plan my friend.

WFC1930 wrote: »
    Ignore the facts and stick to the mis truths very good plan my friend.

The facts are a convicted sex offender was looking after kids at Waterford up to last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

People sending links to the old report ffs. The report mis printed his name as being one if he group who gang raped her. That’s why the report has been deleted so many times and is only available on dodgy websites.

Let’s talk about the victim though.. since lots of experts are bringing her up in this... how many of you attend Waterford away games in Dublin. Have you been aware that the victim remains good friends with Izzy to this day. Have you been aware she’s been at Dublin based games cheering him on. She’s probably stood inches away from some of you at times. If Izzy was involved with he horrific crime committed well let’s say I doubt they’d be friends wouldn’t you. As said above Izzy name was mis printed as raping her and he got lots of money in damages for that costly mistake. What’s his involvement? I was told back when he signed he was dragged into the case because he had committed sexual acts with the girl in front of the friends as a joke type of thing. Now before ya go mad I’m not saying that’s a good thing to do however it’s a far cry away from raping someone in my opinion, it still goes down as a sexual act though and it was underage, it’s something that realistically would never be important until two animals came and raped that poor girl. That’s how he got dragged into it.

Did his sexual conviction play a role in his deportation ? Probably.. however I don’t think it was a deciding factor.. Izzy was found guilty of driving without insurance and that’s also mentioned in the file. All sorts of things tie into a deportation case like this. Izzy’s deportation case had been going on since before the incident with he girl took place and long after it too. He’s fought it for years and years and it’s only now he has lost.

Your username denotes you're probably not going to look at this impartially.

• Advertisement

Your username denotes you're probably not going to look at this impartially.

No nothing to do with it. There are facts of what happened and all you people refuse to believe it. It’s been common knowledge in Waterford since Izzy joined the club. You can see all this for yourselfs right now but yeah you continue to argue. If Izzy did rape that girl I would’ve boycotted as would others, then all of a sudden the truth came out. You’ve no reply to this. It’s black and white Izzy didnt rape the girl.

No nothing to do with it. There are facts of what happened and all you people refuse to believe it. It’s been common knowledge in Waterford since Izzy joined the club. You can see all this for yourselfs right now but yeah you continue to argue. If Izzy did rape that girl I would’ve boycotted as would others, then all of a sudden the truth came out. You’ve no reply to this. It’s black and white Izzy didnt rape the girl.

He was a star player for the team. Of course you're going to back him up. Quite frankly is disgusting. He's not the angel people are making him out to be.

The facts are a convicted sex offender was looking after kids at Waterford up to last week.

Izzy was found guilty of having underage sex with a girl. If you find that morally wrong fair enough it’s your opinion.

However my opinion is it’s 2019. If you prosecute every person who had underage sex in this country then half the population would be banged up.

The bottom line we’ve gained from all this is Izzy was found guilty of statutory offences. Not rape.

Nobody has a counter argument to me in that sense. (And I bet after I say that someone will send me that ridiculous UK database link, you know the website ran by a racist)

He was a star player for the team. Of course you're going to back him up. Quite frankly is disgusting. He's not the angel people are making him out to be.

Answer me this why are you angry with Izzy? And whys it disgusting? Tell me what he done wrong.

Izzy was found guilty of having underage sex with a girl. If you find that morally wrong fair enough it’s your opinion.

However my opinion is it’s 2019. If you prosecute every person who had underage sex in this country then half the population would be banged up.

The bottom line we’ve gained from all this is Izzy was found guilty of statutory offences. Not rape.

Nobody has a counter argument to me in that sense. (And I bet after I say that someone will send me that ridiculous UK database link, you know the website ran by a racist)

I think my opinion is a very sound one. The year doesn't make any difference to the severity of the crime. Its still disgusting and detestable.

I'm not out with a personal vendetta against the club I'm just saying something reprehensible was committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What proof have you to back this up? People take cases against newspapers every day of the week. When those cases are settled the papers print an apology to the person along with paying compensation.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What proof have you to back this up? People take cases against newspapers every day of the week. When those cases are settled the papers print an apology to the person along with paying compensation.

It’s on the court file for his deportation case (for the 1 millionth time). Go check it out if you wish. It’s a online public record.

And the papers pay LOTS of compensation to Izzy. Like I mean a lot. I’ve never seen a paper issue a public apology before? They wouldn’t be able to anyway in this case because of ongoing court proceedings.

I think my opinion is a very sound one. The year doesn't make any difference to the severity of the crime. Its still disgusting and detestable.

I'm not out with a personal vendetta against the club I'm just saying something reprehensible was committed.

But you do know he didn’t rape her right?

But you do know he didn’t rape her right?

He was convicted of a sexual offence of a minor. If this happened a Pats player you wouldn't hear the end of it. Be honest.

He was convicted of a sexual offence of a minor. If this happened a Pats player you wouldn't hear the end of it. Be honest.

No don’t see what difference it makes who and what club it is.

Izzy was 16. The girl was 14. They had underage sex. Even tho there was consent she wasn’t able to give it obviously. A pretty stupid mistake to make as a youngster but is it fair someone’s life is ruined over something like that. In my opinion no. I think it was said he wouldn’t have even be prosecuted if he wasn’t friends with the two people who raped her a few days later.

As I said above the victim is still close friends with Izzy and attends some Waterford games. I think that tells you all you need to know to be honest.

• Advertisement

And no offence but the way you worded that post will imply to people he was an adult and the other was a minor which is not the case at all.

It’s on the court file for his deportation case (for the 1 millionth time). Go check it out if you wish. It’s a online public record.

And the papers pay LOTS of compensation to Izzy. Like I mean a lot. I’ve never seen a paper issue a public apology before? They wouldn’t be able to anyway in this case because of ongoing court proceedings.

No it is not on the court file and well you know it. The only place it appears is in your little fairytale above.

Have you ever read a newspaper? From time to time a newspaper will print a correction or clarification about a previous article.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

There is an interesting debate here about what should happen to individuals who have been convicted of crimes, and what happens to them after they've served their sentences.

There will be a school of thought here that an individual has served their debt to society, and shouldn't be denied an opportunity to make a living, particularly if their occupation is playing professional men's football as opposed to being a teacher in a school for example.

Consider Ched Evans in England, who had his life and career destroyed by a crime when he was actually convicted in error, and acquitted in a Court of Appeal. He found it extremely difficult to find employment afterwards.

Consider also players in other sports who express values which aren't consistent with the clubs values (or really their sponsor's values), such as Paddy Jackson, Stuart Olding, Sean O'Brien and Israel Folau.

This is becoming a really complex issue for professional outfits because employment law is a really complex area - as well as all of the ethics wrapped up in this.

No it is not on the court file and well you know it. The only place it appears is in your little fairytale above.

Have you ever read a newspaper? From time to time a newspaper will print a correction or clarification about a previous article.

Wow... You’re actually a full on lost cause haha. Go read it. Go do your research about what the terms in the file means and stop wasting me time <snipped by mod>

hardybuck wrote: »
    There is an interesting debate here about what should happen to individuals who have been convicted of crimes, and what happens to them after they've served their sentences.

There will be a school of thought here that an individual has served their debt to society, and shouldn't be denied an opportunity to make a living, particularly if their occupation is playing professional men's football as opposed to being a teacher in a school for example.

Consider Ched Evans in England, who had his life and career destroyed by a crime when he was actually convicted in error, and acquitted in a Court of Appeal. He found it extremely difficult to find employment afterwards.

Consider also players in other sports who express values which aren't consistent with the clubs values (or really their sponsor's values), such as Paddy Jackson, Stuart Olding, Sean O'Brien and Israel Folau.

This is becoming a really complex issue for professional outfits because employment law is a really complex area - as well as all of the ethics wrapped up in this.

In my opinion someone who is guilty of rape shouldn’t be allowed make it as a pro footballer due to the way football clubs operate and promote themselves.

That’s why back in 2017 I was prepared to boycott after the signing until the truth came out at rapid paces across the county.

Wow... You’re actually a full on lost cause haha. Go read it. Go do your research about what the terms in the file means and stop wasting me time you uneducated idiot.

Still no proof of Izzy's innocence but a fairy tale about the victim living happily ever after....

Still no proof of Izzy's inniocence but a fairy tale about the victim living happily ever after....

It says it on the court file. You clearly just didn’t bother to read it in it’s entirety, heck you’re probably reading a case in a different country you seem to be so brain dead. I’m telling you facts yet you try stir up as much drama as possible by not even disputing me just trying to heckle me even by saying “fairytale” etc. Bore off mate. If you’re trying to wind me up as a joe fair enough but if you genuinely can’t read the court document and look into what terms actually mean on it then yeah, bore off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

It says it on the court file. You clearly just didn’t bother to read it in it’s entirety, heck you’re probably reading a case in a different country you seem to be so brain dead. I’m telling you facts yet you try stir up as much drama as possible by not even disputing me just trying to heckle me even by saying “fairytale” etc. Bore off mate. If you’re trying to wind me up as a joe fair enough but if you genuinely can’t read the court document and look into what terms actually mean on it then yeah, bore off.

I've looked for this court file and deportation file and cannot find it anywhere.

Deiseen wrote: »
    I've looked for this court file and deportation file and cannot find it anywhere.

I will link it to you when I get a chance.

• Advertisement

Izzy has just signed for a club in Vietnam very weirdly enough.

Advertisement