Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

BREAKING:

Former League Of Ireland player Izzy Akinade has signed for Vietnamese side Ho Chi Minh City FC!

Akinade previously played for Waterford FC, Bohemian FC and Bray Wanderers.

Source: Domestic Ireland (Twitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

WFC1930 wrote: »
    It says it on the court file. You clearly just didn’t bother to read it in it’s entirety, heck you’re probably reading a case in a different country you seem to be so brain dead. I’m telling you facts yet you try stir up as much drama as possible by not even disputing me just trying to heckle me even by saying “fairytale” etc. Bore off mate. If you’re trying to wind me up as a joe fair enough but if you genuinely can’t read the court document and look into what terms actually mean on it then yeah, bore off.

You've posted an account of the victim which directly contradicts her sworn victim impact statement to the court. Why should we believe your account over hers?

Akinade was convicted of sexual assault under the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act, 1990
    <b>as well</b>as attempted defilement of a minor. He is a convicted child sex offender. The judge said he is a moderate risk to reoffend. How has he been working with children at Waterford? Are there other sex offenders working with kids there? Would it bother you if there were?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

Deiseen wrote: »
    I've looked for this court file and deportation file and cannot find it anywhere.

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/bce24a8184816f1580256ef30048ca50/742f5c6a7cadd0dd80258412004e5c63?OpenDocument

Ballso wrote: »
    You've posted an account of the victim which directly contradicts her sworn victim impact statement to the court. Why should we believe your account over hers?

Akinade was convicted of sexual assault under the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act, 1990
    <b>as well</b>as attempted defilement of a minor. He is a convicted child sex offender. The judge said he is a moderate risk to reoffend. How has he been working with children at Waterford? Are there other sex offenders working with kids there? Would it bother you if there were?

Do you know what attempted defilement means? Committing a sexual act underage is what it effectively means. The offence was wiped from his record very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

People sending links to the old report ffs. The report mis printed his name as being one if he group who gang raped her. That’s why the report has been deleted so many times and is only available on dodgy websites.

Let’s talk about the victim though.. since lots of experts are bringing her up in this... how many of you attend Waterford away games in Dublin. Have you been aware that the victim remains good friends with Izzy to this day. Have you been aware she’s been at Dublin based games cheering him on. She’s probably stood inches away from some of you at times. If Izzy was involved with he horrific crime committed well let’s say I doubt they’d be friends wouldn’t you. As said above Izzy name was mis printed as raping her and he got lots of money in damages for that costly mistake. What’s his involvement? I was told back when he signed he was dragged into the case because he had committed sexual acts with the girl in front of the friends as a joke type of thing. Now before ya go mad I’m not saying that’s a good thing to do however it’s a far cry away from raping someone in my opinion, it still goes down as a sexual act though and it was underage, it’s something that realistically would never be important until two animals came and raped that poor girl. That’s how he got dragged into it.

Did his sexual conviction play a role in his deportation ? Probably.. however I don’t think it was a deciding factor.. Izzy was found guilty of driving without insurance and that’s also mentioned in the file. All sorts of things tie into a deportation case like this. Izzy’s deportation case had been going on since before the incident with he girl took place and long after it too. He’s fought it for years and years and it’s only now he has lost.

Report was removed due to him bring underage at the time. He used the 'right to be forgotten' to have the articles removed, I was lead to believe by a solicitor who worked for print media around the time

• Advertisement

Do you know what attempted defilement means? Committing a sexual act underage is what it effectively means. The offence was wiped from his record very quickly.

The offence was certainly not wiped from his record, it was cited in the judgement last week. You are a liar.

Do you know what sexual assault is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The offence was certainly not wiped from his record, it was cited in the judgement last week. You are a liar.

People who defended him to the hilt are still trying to save face in the whole ordeal.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Report was removed due to him bring underage at the time. He used the 'right to be forgotten' to have the articles removed, I was lead to believe by a solicitor who worked for print media around the time

I’d say the small detail of the papers saying he raped someone when he didn’t also contributed wouldn’t you.. he took all the papers to the cleaners for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

I'd say it was a right kick in the bollix getting sent back to Nigeria after almost 20 years here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Wow... You’re actually a full on lost cause haha. Go read it. Go do your research about what the terms in the file means and stop wasting me time you uneducated idiot.

So you're defending a lad who gang raped a girl and you're calling another poster an uneducated idiot?

• Advertisement

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    I'd say it was a right kick in the bollix getting sent back to Nigeria after almost 20 years here.

He hasn’t been he just signed for a club In Vietnam

JeffKenna wrote: »
    So you're defending a lad who gang raped a girl and you're calling another poster an uneducated idiot?

I’m giving up explaining myself now lads. This guy has just ignored all the facts I’ve said and spouted this out. Again. He isn’t even the first one and won’t be the last. I’ve explained best I could. Best advice I’d give is do your own research or stick your agenda of abusing him while you ignore the facts that are easily available to you. I’m done discussing the matter now I’ve done it enough

Wouldn't be the first child sex offender to flee to asia in fairness

I’m giving up explaining myself now lads. This guy has just ignored all the facts I’ve said and spouted this out. Again. He isn’t even the first one and won’t be the last. I’ve explained best I could. Best advice I’d give is do your own research or stick your agenda of abusing him while you ignore the facts that are easily available to you. I’m done discussing the matter now I’ve done it enough

Your 'facts' are hearsay from people sympathetic to a child sex offender pal. They contradict the official accounts. Off you go to spread your lies.

People in Waterford need to take this into account if they are getting involved with Waterford FC. You obviously aren't the only one at this, purple are being fed a pack of lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I have done my own research and it makes me sick to my stomach.

And just and FYI, I also believe that people who defend gang rape are as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

He hasn’t been he just signed for a club In Vietnam

He'll be a good fit over there. Plenty of vulnerable children.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can we knock off the personal abuse and talk civily, please. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

To be fair no one here is defending gang rape. My issue here would be is the posters who are jumping on the hysterical bandwagon and let's be honest there are a few doing that without even reading a thing bar a headline or something that they seen on Facebook or the likes.

Moderator this is ridiculous.

It says in the court file "there is no specific allegation of rape or false imprisonment against the applicant in the text of the redacted report“. Yet you have people on here slandering the mans name repeatedly.

I think some bans from the forum are in order. It’s been proven case and point by myself all this morning yet people continue to ignore facts to cause drama on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

It says in the court file "there is no specific allegation of rape or false imprisonment against the applicant in the text of the redacted report“. Yet you have people on here slandering the mans name repeatedly.

I think some bans from the forum are in order. It’s been proven case and point by myself all this morning yet people continue to ignore facts to cause drama on the site.

This happened when he first joined aswell so your wasting your time.

• Advertisement

alta stare wrote: »
    This happened when he first joined aswell so your wasting your time.

Don’t I know it!

More extra reading for people aswell, this is directly from the twitter of Mark Hill who worked within Waterford FC last season.

“1) he was never convicted of 'rape'
    2) he is not on the sex offenders register
    3) he was cleared to work with children by professional bodies across Ireland
    4) he was deported for a driving conviction which was stupidity on his part given his previous record.“

Just saying what most knew all along. He was done for having underage sex.

Amazing how people will ignore facts for it to stir up drama..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Your 'facts' are hearsay from people sympathetic to a child sex offender pal. They contradict the official accounts. Off you go to spread your lies.

People in Waterford need to take this into account if they are getting involved with Waterford FC. You obviously aren't the only one at this, purple are being fed a pack of lies.

With regard to your comment about people getting involved with Waterford FC have you voiced your concerns to officials of the club or made a complaint to the gardai ? Surely player in question would have to have Garda clearance to look after/train children? You be probably better off going down those routes rather than arguing with 4 or 5 anonymous people on a boards thread. I'm sure your concern for the area/club is genuine so you should go down official routes to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

I'd give WFC1930 is due on this. I think he has explained himself very well and for you to say he gang raped a girl is simply not true. my understanding of the court document is in line with WFC1930. if you believe different, please quote from the document and don't use manufactured quotes from a far right website.

i think the major problem in all this is the wording and vocabulary of the court document. The less educated that is a vast majority of posters on this forum draw about 100 different conclusions from what they have read. they sensationalise it and believe what they want to believe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Did you ever hear about a fantastic little option at the bottom of every post called Report? It notifies moderators about potential issues that need review.

We don't have the time to read everything. Hence the option.

So report the problem and stop complaining

Sully wrote: »
    Did you ever hear about a fantastic little option at the bottom of every post called Report? It notifies moderators about potential issues that need review.

We don't have the time to read everything. Hence the option.

So report the problem and stop complaining

If I had to report everything out of line and slanderous I’ve seen said on this page today I’d be here until the next decade kicks off!

If I had to report everything out of line and slanderous I’ve seen said on this page today I’d be here until the next decade kicks off!

Then stop complaining that mods aren't doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Thank god there is a match tonight. Hoping for 3 points and not let Bohemians get cemented into that 3rd spot.

More extra reading for people aswell, this is directly from the twitter of Mark Hill who worked within Waterford FC last season.

“1) he was never convicted of 'rape'
    2) he is not on the sex offenders register
    3) he was cleared to work with children by professional bodies across Ireland
    4) he was deported for a driving conviction which was stupidity on his part given his previous record.“

Just saying what most knew all along. He was done for having underage sex.

Amazing how people will ignore facts for it to stir up drama..

Lies. Akinade was convicted of sexual assault under the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act, 1990. This is the act all rapists are convicted under. There is no public sex offenders register in Ireland for him to be on. He was deported on the back of all three of his criminal charges, the rape being the most serious, the other two also being very serious.

Where's your proof he was given Garda clearance to work with children?

Are you Mark Hill?

• Advertisement

Lies. Akinade was convicted of sexual assault under the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act, 1990. This is the act all rapists are convicted under. There is no public sex offenders register in Ireland for him to be on. He was deported on the back of all three of his criminal charges, the rape being the most serious, the other two also being very serious.

Where's your proof he was given Garda clearance to work with children?

Are you Mark Hill?

Jesus Christ haha!

Give up mate, you’re gonna lose I guarantee you.

All this is explained and after explanation is giving out you give out about different things again. Think you need to research what the quotes in the file actually mean. And after you do that read the rest of the file in it’s entirety. Selective reading...

Advertisement