Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

our last 10 games:

LLWLDWLDDW

12 points from 30.

Pat's Sligo Harps and UCD next 4 games. need to be picking up at least 3 wins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think again Waterford will rue having no fixtures over a 4-5 week period.

Bohs had two league fixtures when Waterford were on their mid-season break, while Dundalk had three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Anyone know when the rescheduled game with Rovers is fixed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Damien Delaney has left the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Hopefully Delaney retiring from football frees up some wages to get in a player or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another loss 2-1 at home too St Rats (st pats)

Looking like top 4 is beyond us even with the games in hand. Were just lucky Harps and UCD have dropped so many points or we could be in relegation trouble

Cup draw Monday coming and it's unlikely we will be in contention for it. Only hope is a soft draw and take it from there. Our luck Derry City, Dundalk or Shamrock Rovers away

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Another loss 2-1 at home too St Rats (st pats)

Looking like top 4 is beyond us even with the games in hand. Were just lucky Harps and UCD have dropped so many points or we could be in relegation trouble

Cup draw Monday coming and it's unlikely we will be in contention for it. Only hope is a soft draw and take it from there. Our luck Derry City, Dundalk or Shamrock Rovers away

St Rats??? Jesus lad would you ever give over with that ****e. We are not in Europe because the FAI and OUR club messed up. St Pats had ever right to pursue it as would we of if the shoe was on the other foot.

Top 4 has been beyond us for a long time. It is pretty clear things arent right at the club even before this Europa League debacle. We will be in a relegation battle next season if there is no more investment.

Regarding the cup....that is something we should go after big time and i hope they see that too. Unfortunately i think the current set up with the manager and players is no longer working. There seems to be no leadership.

Still though at least we still signed some good players over the last couple of days so that is some bit of positivity.

Away to Maynooth University Town in the FAI cup.

Could anyone who is close to the club advise on how the underage sections are going?

Are there any young lads looking good enough to step up, or are there any Waterford young lads abroad who they'd be keeping an eye on to bring back?

Hery going too linfield and were getting a striker from them in return

Huge loss for the club but not a big surprise too good for us. Gave his best for us best of luck too him

• Advertisement

Shame Hery is gone he is a quality player. He must be getting some deal to make him move up to a lesser league. Strange choice.

Has the money dried up from LP? Letting players like Hery go doesnt look good for us. I suspect a few more will follow him.

Jesus footballing life really goes around in a circle

Both the club and fans should be buzzing looking forward too Europa League games but instead players are leaving and were in terrible form not too mention the **** up regarding Europe

This Challenge cup thing may be a small spark for the club. If we got say Celtic under 21s at home it might bring a big crowd but were likely too get some club in the backarse of nowhere

Away too Sligo this Sat which will be very tough and another loss will be extremely damaging for both our league hopes and morale

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭WFC1930

alta stare wrote: »
    Shame Hery is gone he is a quality player. He must be getting some deal to make him move up to a lesser league. Strange choice.

Has the money dried up from LP? Letting players like Hery go doesnt look good for us. I suspect a few more will follow him.

I don’t think so, we made some good signings lately, Will Fitzgearld rejected a good few prem clubs including pats to sign for us, he also turned down Dundalk last season. That’s just an example.. our hands were tied with Hery and nothing we can do, he wants to play in Europe. It’s not the loss people are making it out to be, hes been poor for large parts of this season but it’s a shame we won’t get to see him play to his fun potential with us again. Rumour has it Power have Rennie assurances he’ll invest heavily again next year and he’s admitted it was wrong to cut the budget and still think results were achievable. With the type of players we’ve been signed/trying to sign lately that rumour would appear true. For example we tried to sign Graham Cummins on a 2 year deal according to the Facebook page but he signed for Rovers and who can blame him trying to win a league. But only clubs who feel confident in their finavaes offer 2 year deals so just that fact gives me hope we will invest heavily next year. I hope the rumour is true I really do but only time will tell! Let’s see next year.. fingers crossed

WFC1930 wrote: »
    I don’t think so, we made some good signings lately, Will Fitzgearld rejected a good few prem clubs including pats to sign for us, he also turned down Dundalk last season. That’s just an example.. our hands were tied with Hery and nothing we can do, he wants to play in Europe. It’s not the loss people are making it out to be, hes been poor for large parts of this season but it’s a shame we won’t get to see him play to his fun potential with us again. Rumour has it Power have Rennie assurances he’ll invest heavily again next year and he’s admitted it was wrong to cut the budget and still think results were achievable. With the type of players we’ve been signed/trying to sign lately that rumour would appear true. For example we tried to sign Graham Cummins on a 2 year deal according to the Facebook page but he signed for Rovers and who can blame him trying to win a league. But only clubs who feel confident in their finavaes offer 2 year deals so just that fact gives me hope we will invest heavily next year. I hope the rumour is true I really do but only time will tell! Let’s see next year.. fingers crossed

I hope he does invest again as we need it after such a poor season. The cup surely has to be the goal now. Winning the cup would be a huge thing for us so i really do hope they go for it.

I hope he does invest again as we need it after such a poor season. The cup surely has to be the goal now. Winning the cup would be a huge thing for us so i really do hope they go for it.

Yeah the rumor would make sense to me, like he’s lost tons of money here, lost European money, he can leave now at a loss but for that to happen he’ll have to get someone in which will be hard in itself. He could string us along with the club going nowhere losing money still. Or he could invest a bit, make the club successful and get back init Europe and invest even more in the sqaud so we’ll get through some rounds and make some good cash back at least. Next year will certainly be interesting

hardybuck wrote: »
    Could anyone who is close to the club advise on how the underage sections are going?

Are there any young lads looking good enough to step up, or are there any Waterford young lads abroad who they'd be keeping an eye on to bring back?

To answer my own question, Waterford are 3rd in the U19 Southern Division, and 5th in the U17 version.

Colm Whelan has scored 14 goals and is top scorer in the U19 south, and Kyle Cuddy is joint top scorer in the U17 with 10 goals.

I would be much more pleased if Waterford FC brought through more local players, and perhaps recouped transfer fees by selling some to the UK, rather than having so many players from outside the area.

hardybuck wrote: »
    To answer my own question, Waterford are 3rd in the U19 Southern Division, and 5th in the U17 version.

Colm Whelan has scored 14 goals and is top scorer in the U19 south, and Kyle Cuddy is joint top scorer in the U17 with 10 goals.

I would be much more pleased if Waterford FC brought through more local players, and perhaps recouped transfer fees by selling some to the UK, rather than having so many players from outside the area.

It’s the only way you’ll have success, ask Dundalk! U19 to LOI prem is a huge step up and one that not many make

WFC1930 wrote: »
    It’s the only way you’ll have success, ask Dundalk! U19 to LOI prem is a huge step up and one that not many make

In that scenario you're hoping to be bought out by an international group who'll flood the club with cash with the hope of becoming the long term dominant force, and qualify for Europe every year, or you're bust.

However, you can't have ten Dundalks in the league - and only 3-4 teams in the league can qualify for European football every year.

If that's what the thing becomes you may as well be supporting an English club or whatever, because your club isn't owned by local people and feck all local lads will be involved.

Speaking of Dundalk i hope they get a good result tonight. Its always great to see Irish clubs progress in Europe and hopefully Dundalk have a successful European campaign. Good to see it is on TV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Its always great to see Irish clubs progress in Europe ....

Apart from St Pats of course. They can happily crash out with a 10-0 aggregate loss please.

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    Apart from St Pats of course. They can happily crash out with a 10-0 aggregate loss please.

:D

Na id even wish them well.

Live on Eir Sport tomorrow night at home too Finn Harps which is a must must win game no excuses

26th July- UCD (A)
    29th July- Derry City (A)
    2nd Aug- Shamrock Rovers (A)
    5th Aug- Derry City (A) league cup semi final

Live on Eir Sport tomorrow night at home too Finn Harps which is a must must win game no excuses

26th July- UCD (A)

Edit- Rovers through to the next round of the Europa League so it possibly might push back our upcoming game. We still have too play them at home with a date still not refixed

26th July- UCD (A)

there is a possibility that we could lose the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Gardner wrote: »
    there is a possibility that we could lose the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be in big trouble.

there is a possibility that we could win the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

26th July- UCD (A)
    Is it still 7.45 kick off, hopefully get a good crowd tonight as not many going to travel from donegal.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Is it still 7.45 kick off, hopefully get a good crowd tonight as not many going to travel from donegal.

8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

8pm

Cheers

noby wrote: »
    there is a possibility that we could win the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be grand.

You can ****ing stick those wins up your hole. This is an absolute disgrace. It's people like you who make cheap excuses for this club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Uhh.....ok.

Advertisement