Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Hahaha the bickering here lads.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has Alan Reynolds resigned, reports on Twitter suggest he may have...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Has Alan Reynolds resigned, reports on Twitter suggest he may have...

Talk on FB that he's gone.

Caulfield spotted in the crowd too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

That was very disappointing, no lack of effort from players IMO, it is difficult with a team like harps defending hard and well organised defensively. Ever since the Europa decision and the mad break, its been missing.really hope they can get it back to somewhere where they were near.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Are they still going to Europe ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are they still going to Europe ha

Well we might get a trip too Scotland in the Irn bru cup

Disgrace of a result last night

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Christ lads this is relegation form. 6 pointer v UCD next.

John Caulfield as Rennies Replacement

Those mad supporters once hated him will now be sucking up to him

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Did Rennie walk ot was he sacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Did Rennie walk ot was he sacked?

Neither, it seems.

Disclaimer: or so said Facebook a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    John Caulfield as Rennies Replacement

Those mad supporters once hated him will now be sucking up to him

Doubtful. I thoroughly disliked Caulfield as Cork manager and I'd hate to see him as Blues manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

I see a friendly against Wexford organised for tomorrow evening at 7pm on the back pitches at the RSC. (Admission €3).

Is this to leave Caulfield have a look at the squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

the Caulfield rumour is bull**** i believe. as much as i'd like to see Rennie gone i'd hate to see Caulfield as manager

Gardner wrote: »
    the Caulfield rumour is bull**** i believe. as much as i'd like to see Rennie gone i'd hate to see Caulfield as manager

But gardner, somebody read it on social media.
    On a serious note, I still dont know why people dislike the ex cork manager so much, I asked before and all I got was ..'hes a €=#&'. He always seemed mild enough when I saw him on tv or at the rsc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hes a winner...… ?

LOI merrygoround, never stops. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Max Powers wrote: »
    But gardner, somebody read it on social media.
    On a serious note, I still dont know why people dislike the ex cork manager so much, I asked before and all I got was ..'hes a €=#&'. He always seemed mild enough when I saw him on tv or at the rsc.

Its his tactics and his sides manner of football which eventually turned the Cork public against him. He made some strange signings in the last couple of seasons at Cork and other times he didnt make signings when they were badly needed. He ran out of steam there which was inevitable given how long he was there.

Would he be a good fit for Waterford? For the short term maybe...but i could not see him even getting top three with us, a cup final perhaps.

Another big investment is needed for next season and it is vitally important the right manager is in place but i just dont feel Caulfield is that guy.

Very Important game tomorrow night and in a tricky place against a tricky team who always seem to have our number

A loss against UCD will land us in bad lands even with our games in hand.

Badly needed result...Nice one...mon blues.

Dundalk after Zach El

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dundalk after Zach El

Another scoop! You really have the inside track. Oh wait...

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    Badly needed result...Nice one...mon blues.

very poor game! very lucky to come away with the win but we will take it. probably the worst we have played in the past 4 or 5 games. players knew that themselves at the end of the game and the fans frustration at times was evident towards the players.
    Harps on a bit of a run and if they keep plugging away we could find ourselves in a playoff. The cork game is a huge 6 pointer as tonight i can't see us getting anything nor the home return fixture at the end of the month.

Another defeat. Such a poor season.

alta stare wrote: »
    Another defeat. Such a poor season.

But it's nothing more than what we deserve. On the field I have been a critic of Rennie and I still believe he is way out of his depth but off the field we have been nothing short of a disgrace.

Last season when we finished 4th we had a side deal done with the FAI CEO is regards to our participation in Europe. We backed him when the **** hit the fan between JD and the Sunday Times. When St Pat's (rightfully) lodged their complaint, Lee Power threatened legal action in a statement. JD had LP by the balls and threat of legal action was dropped and brushed under the carpet to be never heard of again. Instead of backing (financially) Rennie or sacking him, we should have tried to rescue the season and finish legitimately in a European spot. Instead we simply offloaded players by the bucket load, to be replaced with players who cost less in wages and are average first division players. The latest signing wouldn’t fill you with confidence.

Last night we travelled to Derry with 16 players when we could have named 18 in our panel. Our GM was more interested in heading to the Galway Races instead of travelling another 100 miles up the road and support his team. It’s starts from the top down! Furthermore, we an inactive Supporters Club who have simply cuddled up to the club and failed to question the off the field antics/actions of the board. The latest fiasco with the money handed over to the club for use of the academy teams was brought to a head at a meeting in the Viking Hotel. The issue was deemed sorted and the BSC committee released a statement that opened up with “ the membership of the BSC have confidence in the committee going forward” hold on there and we just give ourselves a pat on the back because no one else will.

A real downer has been put on the season when “us” the fans had so much optimism going into the new season but in reality we were sold a few pipe dreams. I’m based in Dublin next week and heading to Derry for the semi-final of the league cup but I’d expect a similar result like last night.

But it's nothing more than what we deserve. On the field I have been a critic of Rennie and I still believe he is way out of his depth but off the field we have been nothing short of a disgrace.

Last season when we finished 4th we had a side deal done with the FAI CEO is regards to our participation in Europe. We backed him when the **** hit the fan between JD and the Sunday Times. When St Pat's (rightfully) lodged their complaint, Lee Power threatened legal action in a statement. JD had LP by the balls and threat of legal action was dropped and brushed under the carpet to be never heard of again. Instead of backing (financially) Rennie or sacking him, we should have tried to rescue the season and finish legitimately in a European spot. Instead we simply offloaded players by the bucket load, to be replaced with players who cost less in wages and are average first division players. The latest signing wouldn’t fill you with confidence.

Last night we travelled to Derry with 16 players when we could have named 18 in our panel. Our GM was more interested in heading to the Galway Races instead of travelling another 100 miles up the road and support his team. It’s starts from the top down! Furthermore, we an inactive Supporters Club who have simply cuddled up to the club and failed to question the off the field antics/actions of the board. The latest fiasco with the money handed over to the club for use of the academy teams was brought to a head at a meeting in the Viking Hotel. The issue was deemed sorted and the BSC committee released a statement that opened up with “ the membership of the BSC have confidence in the committee going forward” hold on there and we just give ourselves a pat on the back because no one else will.

A real downer has been put on the season when “us” the fans had so much optimism going into the new season but in reality we were sold a few pipe dreams. I’m based in Dublin next week and heading to Derry for the semi-final of the league cup but I’d expect a similar result like last night.

Hope we do well in the cup but will be very hard. Last year was a great chance but we under estimated UCD and were caught out. Maynooth in the first round on the 11 Aug will be tricky if we dont keep our heads

This Irn Bru cup could be farcical but suppose it's a substitute for the European debacle

Hope we do well in the cup but will be very hard. Last year was a great chance but we under estimated UCD and were caught out. Maynooth in the first round on the 11 Aug will be tricky if we dont keep our heads

This Irn Bru cup could be farcical but suppose it's a substitute for the European debacle

If we get an away draw we won't travel.

If we get an away draw we won't travel.

Possible

Could get quite messy even with a home draw in this. Third round games are scheduled for weekend of 7th/8th Sep. Few games still not rescheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You were poor last night at the Brandywell, offered very little.

Our participation in a mickey mouse Scottish cup is farcical.

We should pull out of it and focus on winning the domestic cup.

I agree. We have brought this on ourselves this season. Unfortunately i think Rennies time is up and perhaps he knows that himself. Last seasons collapse was a warning sign and action should of been taken then.

The European debacle was laughable. The FAI are crooks and our owner got caught out himself. It is a pity it panned out the way it did but hopefully it leads to us reinvesting and the FAI reforming.

I have a relative in the supporters club and to be fair he has told me they dont seem to have a clue whats going on with the owner anymore than the general public do. Im sure some of them are trying to cosy up to those in charge so yeah they wont ask questions but hopefully someone will.

• Advertisement

Aug fixtures

Mon 5th- vs Derry City (A)- EA Sports cup semi final
    Sun 11th- vs Maynooth University (A)- FAI Cup
    Fri 16th- vs Cork City (H)
    23th/24th/25th- Possible FAI cup 2nd Round game
    Fri 30th- Derry City (H)

3 games still need rescheduling they are Cork City (A) and Shamrock Rovers (H) and (A)

Advertisement