Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Harps picking up another 3 points last night and getting closer. We have 3 games in hand and you can wipe out the 2 Rover's games. our only chance is getting something is from cork game.
    We have a terrible record when it comes to playoffs..... Less said the better

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Aug fixtures

Mon 5th- vs Derry City (A)- EA Sports cup semi final
    Sun 11th- vs Maynooth University (A)- FAI Cup
    Fri 16th- vs Cork City (H)
    23th/24th/25th- Possible FAI cup 2nd Round game
    Fri 30th- Derry City (H)

3 games still need rescheduling they are Cork City (A) and Shamrock Rovers (H) and (A)

Rovers at home on Monday 19th August
    Cork away on Monday 2nd September

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

I see Bastian Henry assisted for Linfield in the EL qualifiers last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

rgmmg wrote: »

Some player wha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

rgmmg wrote: »

You'd have to say fair play to him. He's stepped up from Limerick to Waterford to Linfield.

If there was ever an All Ireland league they'd definitely be up there challenging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Important game tomorrow. The cup is another chance at saving our season...unfortunately i cant see a cup run happening but at least lets hope it doesnt end against MUT.

Kick off is 15:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2-0 win today and into the final 16 of the cup.

Almost all the top teams in the hat but 3/4 non league too. Be nice to get a cup run and heres hoping a good draw. Dont think we have squad depth to go far but ya never knw

Ordinary enough display. Didn't expect much more. Some premier local league clubs have a better setup than them but it was great for them to have a big day out. Draw any team in the premier and we will struggle to get past them. Important 2 games coming up. We can right off the Rover's game so it should be all out for the Cork game.

Decent draw but lots of travelling

FAI CUP: After Sunday's win over Maynooth, the Blues are back on the road in the Second Round with a 450km away tie against Glengad United in Donegal. Match to be played on w/e August 25th. #FAICup

Draw for the third round of the Scottish Challenge cup takes place tomorrow

2 clubs from Northern Ireland Football League (Ballymena United & Glenavon)
    2 clubs from Welsh Premier League (The New Saints & Connah’s Quay Nomads)
    2 clubs from League of Ireland Premier Division (Waterford & Bohemians)
    2 clubs from English National League (Solihull Moors & Wrexham)
    10 clubs from Ladbrokes Championship
    14 winners from second round
    Pre-draw to determine which country will be allocated Pot A, Pot B, Pot C & Pot D to avoid 2 cross-border teams from the same country playing each other. Pot E has 24 Scottish teams'

In other words we will be drawn into one of Pots A-D and will face Scottish Opposition either home or away on 7/8 Sep

Stream for the draw
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ZIio_UlXIOo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Decent draw but lots of travelling

FAI CUP: After Sunday's win over Maynooth, the Blues are back on the road in the Second Round with a 450km away tie against Glengad United in Donegal. Match to be played on w/e August 25th. #FAICup
    Will be along to watch you in this one, Glengad a local team to me.

No announcement yet if they plan to hold the tie at their own ground, or possibly move it to somewhere bigger with seating. If they did this, it would likely be Maginn Park in Buncrana.

Hearts Colts (Under 21s) at home

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glengad FC v Waterford

Confirmed for Sat 24th August at Maginn Park, Buncrana @ 5pm.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Glengad FC v Waterford

Confirmed for Sat 24th August at Maginn Park, Buncrana @ 5pm.

Not as far but still a long journey up

Got text from supporters club saying they need a minimum of 30 for a bus to go up to the game

They get great numbers travelling to games and possibly will get it for this but long day tbf. Leaving RSC at 9am and back after the game

Time and date not announced yet for the Hearts Colts game in the RSC

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A 2-1 defeat tonight against Cork, only consolation for Waterford is Finn Harps got thumped 5-0

Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-22-53-20.png

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A 2-1 defeat tonight against Cork, only consolation for Waterford is Finn Harps got thumped 5-0

Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-22-53-20.png

Yeah and UCD got beaten 10-1 by Bohs

Really hard to see us getting anything Monday night against Rovers

Think it's time to get a new manager and start from scratch. Survival in the premier league is a must or we will see a very different club next season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Yeah and UCD got beaten 10-1 by Bohs

Really hard to see us getting anything Monday night against Rovers

Think it's time to get a new manager and start from scratch. Survival in the premier league is a must or we will see a very different club next season

The club's model appears to be fundamentally flawed.

They seem to be repeating the same pattern of before of doing well, running out of steam, and then the club's backers either can't afford to keep it going or decide it isn't worth it.

Given that Waterford is genuinely a football mad town, and we have some really good junior clubs, the club should only need to be going outside the region for the odd quality player - whereas now it's just a club owned by an English guy who happen to play their games in Waterford.

Jack Byrne could go to town on us later

Game is live on Eir Sport at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Good prediction so far

iseegirls wrote: »
    Good prediction so far

Yeah out here at the game

Were ****e but Byrne is a class act and deserves to be on the Irish squad but dont think he will make the cut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Which he did, they are well and truly in a relegation dog fight now. Final score 5-1 to Rovers

crap performance which really leaves us in a bad place. We just have to pray UCD and Finn Harps pick up very few points in there games and we somehow get a few wins/draws. Finish 9th and we then play the winners of the first division playoff for Premier survival.

Were in cup action in Donegal on Sat 24th Aug against Glenagad Utd and a win will see us in a cup QF. Our form atm suggests we have no chance of winning the cup

The Block E lads in full voice again tonight. Att of 1283

How is Rennie still in the job ?. Out of our last 14 in all competitions we have won 3 games, drew 1 and lost 9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Whoever is responsible for training needs to get back to basics and get them comfortable and accurate passing the ball, as well as controlling it on receipt.
    Too much desperate hoofing the ball away instead of controlled defence.

At least in the second half they mostly pressured the guy on the ball and did a lot better.

Nice goal by Galvin but not much else to be happy about.

Gardner wrote: »
    there is a possibility that we could lose the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be in big trouble.
    noby wrote: »
    there is a possibility that we could win the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be grand.
    You can ****ing stick those wins up your hole. This is an absolute disgrace. It's people like you who make cheap excuses for this club.

Well Noby what's your piss weak excuse now? Yourself and a few others could never see anything wrong with either Rennie or the Club for so long.
    Rovers, Derry and Cork are our next 3 games and i'd expect either another big fat 0 or maybe scrape a draw Vs Cork. Harps have sligo Pat's and Cork over the next 3 games and i'd expect them to close the gap. With 9 games to go the only definite points i see is vs UCD.

Said it a while ago, when Europe was gone Rennie should have gone! there has probably being 1 stand out signing since the start of the season which speaks volumes on both Rennie and the Club. Will we see the Powers back in the RSC next season??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

there is a possibility that we could lose the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be in big trouble.
    noby wrote: »
    there is a possibility that we could win the next 3 games against Harps, UCD and Derry and be grand.
    You can ****ing stick those wins up your hole. This is an absolute disgrace. It's people like you who make cheap excuses for this club.

Well Noby what's your piss weak excuse now? Yourself and a few others could never see anything wrong with either Rennie or the Club for so long.
    Rovers, Derry and Cork are our next 3 games and i'd expect either another big fat 0 or maybe scrape a draw Vs Cork. Harps have sligo Pat's and Cork over the next 3 games and i'd expect them to close the gap. With 9 games to go the only definite points i see is vs UCD.

Said it a while ago, when Europe was gone Rennie should have gone! there has probably being 1 stand out signing since the start of the season which speaks volumes on both Rennie and the Club. Will we see the Powers back in the RSC next season??

Need to get Derek McGrath in asap.

Need to get Derek McGrath in asap.

be an improvement on Rennie anyway! :D

Cup action tomorrow against non league team Glengad Utd in Buncrana. The BSC didnt get numbers for a bus

Hope for a win but would be only covering the cracks as were not strong enough to win the cup imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Well Noby what's your piss weak excuse now?

Woah! What the actual!

Forgive me for trying to be optimistic. I actually don't have a "piss weak excuse" for that.

i'm done with this thread. I'll just keep my ill-judged optimism to myself in future.

Into the QFs of the cup after a 2-0 win away to Glengad utd. Was 0-0 at HT

We join Bohs, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, UCD, Galway Utd and Crumlin utd or Lucan Utd in mondays draw (8.35am RTE radio 1)

if we can avoid the first 3 teams in that list we have a decent chance of getting to the semis but there still not easy teams and as we learnt last year dont take any team for granted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Into the QFs of the cup after a 2-0 win away to Glengad utd. Was 0-0 at HT

We join Bohs, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, UCD, Galway Utd and Crumlin utd or Lucan Utd in mondays draw (8.35am RTE radio 1)

if we can avoid the first 3 teams in that list we have a decent chance of getting to the semis but there still not easy teams and as we learnt last year dont take any team for granted

We're due a home draw as have had 5 away draws in a row in FAI Cup between this and last season. I'd be happy with any of Galway,UCD or Crumlin or Lucan. A good run in the Cup will give a bit of a lift to the season which is badly needed.

Advertisement