Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Stenhousemuir match is live on BBC Alba

If u have Sky the following is the numbers to tune it in with the other channels setting

H
    5/6
    DVB-S

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Stenhousemuir match is live on BBC Alba

If u have Sky the following is the numbers to tune it in with the other channels setting

H
    5/6
    DVB-S

... and if you do not have a Sky sub BBC Alba is Free to Air :)

Struggling to adapt to the pitch and weather conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBC alba is a bit like local radio with pictures. Just tuned in playing conditions looks horrible and the weather is not great either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

A bit disappointing to see a reserve side picked.

• Advertisement

Heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

An enjoyable game ....... a couple of errors were very costly, but most of the players acquitted themselves quite well.

Trying to beat opponents instead of making the easy pass is something they will have to get out of their game.
    Again the passing went awry for a time ...... unpressurised passes way off target.
    I don't know what the cause is, but it was improved over the last time I commented on it, which is I guess a good thing.

It is a pity they gave away that last goal, even if they lost on penalties.

Still, overall an enjoyable game, and a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Heartbreaking

If that's your definition of heartbreak I'm back to thinking that 2009 was the year you were born.

If that's your definition of heartbreak I'm back to thinking that 2009 was the year you were born.

Born way before that

Heartbreaking was prob too strong a word but still sad too lose like that in injury time

Team done the club proud tonight as did the supporters that travelled over and looked to be enjoying themselves. No doubt a few beverages were consumed lol

We could see ourselves back in this competition for 2020/21 if we finish 6th and they invite the irish teams again (5th/6th of the 2019 season)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Born way before that

Heartbreaking was prob too strong a word but still sad too lose like that in injury time

Team done the club proud tonight as did the supporters that travelled over and looked to be enjoying themselves. No doubt a few beverages were consumed lol

We could see ourselves back in this competition for 2020/21 if we finish 6th and they invite the irish teams again (5th/6th of the 2019 season)

Plenty of beverages I'd say. I was at a game there once and the hospitality is fantastic. I still have the Chairman's tie!

• Advertisement

What's the point in putting a second side out and leaving behind a game like that? Especially with nothing left to play for in the league.

Better off not being in the competition next year if they aren't really that bothered..

Tough on fans travelling over.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

hardybuck wrote: »
    What's the point in putting a second side out and leaving behind a game like that? Especially with nothing left to play for in the league.

Better off not being in the competition next year if they aren't really that bothered..

Couldn't agree more, I was going to post the same comment. What's overtaking Sligo worth versus maybe drawing Glasgow Rangers U-21's to the RSC??
    Missed opportunity or are we missing something?
    BTW nice feature on Waterford FC at halftime on BBC Alba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

It is tough. But must going over probably had good time anyway.

debok wrote: »
    It is tough. But must going over probably had good time anyway.

Those who reached into their pocket to go over and see the reserves have been let down by the club here.

Waterford FC should have given a better impression of the LOI by putting a full side out. Instead they've been beaten by Scottish League 2 opposition and it doesn't reflect well on the league or the club.

Couldn't agree more, I was going to post the same comment. What's overtaking Sligo worth versus maybe drawing Glasgow Rangers U-21's to the RSC??
    Missed opportunity or are we missing something?
    BTW nice feature on Waterford FC at halftime on BBC Alba.

Perhaps, as it has been suggested here, they didn't want to be in the next round and pay lads for another three weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Interesting competition but in the current time table doesn't suit LOI clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 draftcar

Perhaps, as it has been suggested here, they didn't want to be in the next round and pay lads for another three weeks?

We would have played the next round after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2 draftcar

With the money involved in the competition, mid table LOI clubs would be mad to turn down the opportunity imo

Would of got a home draw against Partick Thisle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Waterford FC. Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

I know late in replying to this but agree 100% we should have gone for this tie with strongest team from kick off and taken control and hopefully lead in the game THEN bring on younger inexperienced players.

I would have been peeved off if I had forked out to travel to see our best players on the bench.

Does Rennie even know his first 11 at times yes I know injuries departures etc but he is chopping and changing all the time

Conditions were shocking that night as well as pitch nonetheless they were there to be beaten.

Some Blues fans saying we played better football than "hoof" football on Facebook we they win Blues didn't and some of the goals were given away cheaply.

Losing yet again. Worse still CCFC beating the League champions at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Losing yet again. Worse still CCFC beating the League champions at the moment

Yet again? Haven't we won 3 of last 4 in league? Plus what's the Cork scorelines relevance to us? They can't overtake us

Amazed we even won that many games! Seen them enough times this season to be underwhelmed by this team this season.

Would have been nice to finish with two more wins but that probably unlikely

dk1982 wrote: »
    Yet again? Haven't we won 3 of last 4 in league? Plus what's the Cork scorelines relevance to us? They can't overtake us

Costly loss tonight as if Sligo pick up any points in there last 2 games (Derry (H) and Bohs (A)) even a win against UCD wont get us 6th place

Will miss out on a chance of playing in the 2020/21 Scottish Challenge Cup if the Irish teams are invited again (5th/6th 2019 league get invited only)

Are all the players out of contract after next weekend??

End of the season friday night at home to relegated UCD

A win for us and a Sligo loss to Bohs will give us a 6th place finish but any sort of Sligo point will mean we could finish 7th/8th

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

End of the season friday night at home to relegated UCD

A win for us and a Sligo loss to Bohs will give us a 6th place finish but any sort of Sligo point will mean we could finish 7th/8th

I don't think we can finish 8th as even if Cork end up on same points as us after tonight's games our goal difference is much better. Most if not all of the players will be out of contract so will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. It's the usual story every season in Loi as apart from top couple of clubs most players are on 1 year contracts.
    Hope we finish with a win as we should be beating UCD at home.

4-2 win tonight over UCD at home but more importantly a 6th place finish on 43pts with Sligo losing 2-1 away to Bohs. St Pat's in 5th on 52pts with Derry in 4th on 57pts

We qualify for the Scottish Challenge cup 2020/21, if the irish clubs are invited again. This wont be confirmed til late next year

A real mixed season for us with a major killing blow been refused entry to the Europa league due to background false promises etc which in turn we lost a few key players to other clubs.

We had some good and bad days but a lot of work needs to be done for 2020 if we want to compete for top 3/4

Think a fresh start with a new manager might be for the best. Rennie done all he could and overall a good job too

Not eligible for Europa League entry and therefore couldn't participate.

A good finish to the season, but that would appear to be Waterford's level at the moment. All 5 teams who finished ahead are bigger clubs right now with bigger fanbases.

Tonight's placing of 6th gets them an extra €1k of prize money - €19,500 in total which is fairly pathetic.

Dundalk are a great success story, and they struggled past Waterford in a relegation playoff a few years ago thanks to an eligible striker.

However Dundalk got backed by a fund. Waterford don't have that level of backing, and 642 people turning up won't generate the funds required to get top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

John Delaney taking over Waterford ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement